The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Thanks! You only need one right! :P I do the IB so my offer was for 35, 666 at higher level. I got 812 in my UKCAT and I'm predicted 45 :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1321
Original post by nana96
Congrats! how did you feel the interview went? where you confident after it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! When I came out of it I thought it had gone kind of badly, it was all a blur! :P There was one point where the interviewer was asking me about why I thought we had to have chemistry, and so I said 'well there's a lot of chemistry in respiration' and then started talking about how glucose is made in respiration, and she was just like 'what..?' :L I think otherwise I did okay, I managed to sneak in the four medical ethical principles which my teacher told me would be good, so I was pleased about that!

Have you had an interview yet?
Reply 1322
interview on Wednesday...freaking outtt :tongue:
Reply 1323
How many people does king interview? Do you think that they will publish a cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1324
Original post by Frogster
Thanks! When I came out of it I thought it had gone kind of badly, it was all a blur! :P There was one point where the interviewer was asking me about why I thought we had to have chemistry, and so I said 'well there's a lot of chemistry in respiration' and then started talking about how glucose is made in respiration, and she was just like 'what..?' :L I think otherwise I did okay, I managed to sneak in the four medical ethical principles which my teacher told me would be good, so I was pleased about that!

Have you had an interview yet?

Yeah I had my interview on thur, just like you said it was all a blur when I came out but thinking about it after I feel i could have done mucchh better than i did! I'm so worried I won't get the offer, I reaaly want to get into King's :frown: btw how long did you wait till you got the offer after your interview?
Reply 1325
Original post by nana96
Yeah I had my interview on thur, just like you said it was all a blur when I came out but thinking about it after I feel i could have done mucchh better than i did! I'm so worried I won't get the offer, I reaaly want to get into King's :frown: btw how long did you wait till you got the offer after your interview?

I think often the problems with interviews/tests/etc is you come out and just focus on what you messed up on, completely forgetting everything you did well, that's definitely what happened to me! Don't worry, I mean you got invited for interview before Christmas so they obviously liked your application a lot! My interview was on the 3rd and I found out on Friday, so 10 days :smile:
Reply 1326
I think often the problems with interviews/tests/etc is you come out and just focus on what you messed up on, completely forgetting everything you did well, that's definitely what happened to me! Don't worry, I mean you got invited for interview before Christmas so they obviously liked your application a lot! My interview was on the 3rd and I found out on Friday, so 10 days :smile:

I really hope its just me overthinking! Its been 3 days so 7ish more to go i guess.. but congrats again for your offer!!! I'm so happy for you :biggrin:
Reply 1327
Original post by nana96
I really hope its just me overthinking! Its been 3 days so 7ish more to go i guess.. but congrats again for your offer!!! I'm so happy for you :biggrin:

Haha thanks! Good luck, hope you get in too!! :biggrin:
When I came out of my interview, I was pretty happy with how it went but now I feel like it went badly! Why oh why is it so hard to tell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96

My interview was 11 days ago :frown:
Original post by Rosine
interview on Wednesday...freaking outtt :tongue:

Don't worry you'll be fine :smile: Just make sure you act confident in the interview!! As long as you know your stuff there's nothing to worry about
Ahh I'm freaking out about my interview tomorrow.. I know we shouldn't have favourites yet but I'm completely in love with kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1332
Original post by maryamnc

and they still haven't replied? ? ahh goodluck I hope they don't make me wait too longg :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
and they still haven't replied? ? ahh goodluck I hope they don't make me wait too longg :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope they haven't said anything and i thought it went well haha hopefully i'll find out this week sometime so I can eat ice cream and cry
Original post by maryamnc

same, really hope they send offers these couple of days

to the guys/girls who got offers, did you get an e-mail informing you that the portal has been updated?
Reply 1335
Original post by tarhuni
same, really hope they send offers these couple of days

to the guys/girls who got offers, did you get an e-mail informing you that the portal has been updated?

I did at about 7.30 in the evening :smile:
I did at about 7.30 in the evening :smile:

Well done! when was your interview and how did you feel it went
Reply 1337
Original post by futuredoc999
Well done! when was your interview and how did you feel it went

Thanks! My interview was on the 3rd and I thought it went okay, I messed up a few times though and the interviewers weren't very smiley, but it was all kind of a blur really! When I came out of it I definitely didn't think I had it in the bag or anything, I was quite apprehensive about getting a reply but I guess it all worked out in the end! Have you had an interview yet?
Reply 1338
Thanks! My interview was on the 3rd and I thought it went okay, I messed up a few times though and the interviewers weren't very smiley, but it was all kind of a blur really! When I came out of it I definitely didn't think I had it in the bag or anything, I was quite apprehensive about getting a reply but I guess it all worked out in the end! Have you had an interview yet?

Hey! Have you got any last minute tips? How did you prepare? :smile:

Thank you!
I got an offer on Friday after my interview on the 3rd :smile:

Congratulations. You must be thrilled!

My interview is on Wednesday, I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest