The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got an email to say something updated on my track...only the Oxford rejection :rolleyes:
Original post by Qari
Wow my parents say 1/2 is too small.
And how are you content wise because if that is ok then I'd do exam papers and check.my mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I do about 4 hours ish if you count the time I spend in school revising, as I have a lot of scattered lessons. I understand the content really well, but can't remember it too well, but have been doing notes since the beginning of the year. I'm having to cram a lot now to try and remember everything. I've been doing past papers and the only ones that aren't disastrous are my Biology ones. I'm trying every trick in the book. I have about 3 weeks until my first exam but my parents think I'm revising too much!
Reply 8622
Original post by AmyAintDead
Well, I do about 4 hours ish if you count the time I spend in school revising, as I have a lot of scattered lessons. I understand the content really well, but can't remember it too well, but have been doing notes since the beginning of the year. I'm having to cram a lot now to try and remember everything. I've been doing past papers and the only ones that aren't disastrous are my Biology ones. I'm trying every trick in the book. I have about 3 weeks until my first exam but my parents think I'm revising too much!

When you do exam papers what are you messing up on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
Just got an email to say something updated on my track...only the Oxford rejection :rolleyes:

That's a shame :-( what about your other applications ? :smile:
Damn newsletter, makes me jump every time.
Original post by Qari
When you do exam papers what are you messing up on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of everything. Chemistry I just seem to ruin the entire paper with silly tiny mistakes, Biology it's key terminology and Physics, it's using the wrong formula, simple harmonic motion and electric fields. I guess I'll just have to tune that up over the next few weeks.
Reply 8626
Bit of everything. Chemistry I just seem to ruin the entire paper with silly tiny mistakes, Biology it's key terminology and Physics, it's using the wrong formula, simple harmonic motion and electric fields. I guess I'll just have to tune that up over the next few weeks.

are you sure you're not stressing/worrying too much? sometimes that can affect yuor memory(as in be the cause of the tiny errors)

If you're religious then you'll know life is a test, I know how bad rejections can make us feel, but I also know that things can happen for a reason, because we are destined for greater things. One day in the future i'll be seeing the famous Usy and his amazing contributions to the world :biggrin:
Original post by euphrosyne
School is finally over for Christmas.. I have a 4000 word History coursework essay to do, I have to write 11 chapters of Chemistry notes, I need to read 4 novels for my English Literature coursework and I also have to do my wider reading for History. When exactly am I going to have time for a holiday?

I hate A levels :cry2:

I think we have all come to accept that holidays don't exist anymore when A2's start :s-smilie: :lol:
Original post by Qari
are you sure you're not stressing/worrying too much? sometimes that can affect yuor memory(as in be the cause of the tiny errors)

Probably. I've been told I'm incredibly stress and a huge worry wart, and that's why I've been told by my parents to cool down on revision. I guess I just need to keep on reminding myself I can do it. I haven't been predicted 3As for no reason. Thanks for your help!
Reply 8630
Probably. I've been told I'm incredibly stress and a huge worry wart, and that's why I've been told by my parents to cool down on revision. I guess I just need to keep on reminding myself I can do it. I haven't been predicted 3As for no reason. Thanks for your help!

NP :smile: Well Christmas is coming up so please take that day off.
And you can do it :biggrin:
Original post by Qari
NP :smile: Well Christmas is coming up so please take that day off.
And you can do it :biggrin:

Hahaha, my Dad has threatened to burn my books if I dare open a revision book near the 25th. If my parents has it their way, I'd be off tomorrow-new year's day. Thank you, I just need to convince myself I can do it! :biggrin:
Reply 8632
Hahaha, my Dad has threatened to burn my books if I dare open a revision book near the 25th. If my parents has it their way, I'd be off tomorrow-new year's day. Thank you, I just need to convince myself I can do it! :biggrin:

our parents are like the opposite. Mine tell me to do revision while yours tell you not to haha :biggrin:
and have a happy holiday :smile:
Original post by Qari
our parents are like the opposite. Mine tell me to do revision while yours tell you not to haha :biggrin:
and have a happy holiday :smile:

My parents are very laidback. They're surprised I want to go to Uni in all truth as no one in my family has ever wanted to go! Have a happy holiday to you, too!
Reply 8634
My parents are very laidback. They're surprised I want to go to Uni in all truth as no one in my family has ever wanted to go! Have a happy holiday to you, too!

mine are in the middle.
And thanks I will. You don't stress yourself out :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
That's a shame :-( what about your other applications ? :smile:

Imperial is a rejection almost certainly (BMAT too low).
Birmingham have given out 50% of offers (EDIT: No, they haven't, see other post :tongue:), meaning there are only like 15ish% of places left and I haven't even got an interview yet.
Bristol have given our over a quarter of their interviews, and have a competition ratio of 15 applicants to a place.

So no good hopes anymore. :tongue:

Original post by Blueray2
If you're religious then you'll know life is a test, I know how bad rejections can make us feel, but I also know that things can happen for a reason, because we are destined for greater things. One day in the future i'll be seeing the famous Usy and his amazing contributions to the world :biggrin:

Ha, thanks :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah practical exams time...

If you have ISA's/EPMAs/any other coursework, please note that any attempt to gain unfair advantages in these exams (e.g. by asking what came up, what specifically to revise etc.) is not allowed. See here for more information: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=131&a=1366

Thanks.

Oh wow, I probably missed mine. Hope not.
I got 15/15 in my last one :smug:.

Original post by furryface12
All quiet on here tonight, how is everybody? Last day tomorrow! :party:

I'm feeling good. Got loads of work to do!
Original post by keromedic

Nice :smug:
Original post by keromedic

I'm feeling good. Got loads of work to do!

Good :biggrin: Yeah, join the club! This time tomorrow it'll be the holidays though, so at least then there's no school...
Nice :smug:

Thanks.
Do you like practicals? I know they aren't that popular are on here with people losing their grades due to 'em but I think they're fantastic!!
I've received emails and PMs asking for tips tho' o.O

Latest