The Student Room Group

Can I do Psychology A-Level at home in one year?

I'm taking a gap year before A Levels and was wondering if it would be possible for me to do a Psychology A-level AS & A2 in one year at home? Thanks.
Reply 1
Yes it's certainly possible, it isn't difficult in terms of conceptual understanding like Chemistry or Physics but the main challenge comes from the level of memorisation involved, akin to Biology. Which board were you thinking of doing? AQA is the most popular, I believe
Reply 2
Original post by Sannn
Yes it's certainly possible, it isn't difficult in terms of conceptual understanding like Chemistry or Physics but the main challenge comes from the level of memorisation involved, akin to Biology. Which board were you thinking of doing? AQA is the most popular, I believe

I was planning on either AQA or Edexcel. Are all the exams in June now, or are they still doing some in January?
Reply 3
Original post by ForeverDay
I was planning on either AQA or Edexcel. Are all the exams in June now, or are they still doing some in January?

January exams are scrapped from 2014, so yes, they are all in June now.
I warn you though, doing the entire A level in 1 sitting during the summer is gonna be a tremendous challenge, especially with PSYA3. The first AS units are not difficult, but it really kicks up in terms of content for PSYA3/4 (given you're on AQA, idk about OCR or Edexcel)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
The amount of memorisation would be too much in my opinion for the ENTIRE A2 level in 1 sitting.
Reply 5
Original post by Jkizer
The amount of memorisation would be too much in my opinion for the ENTIRE A2 level in 1 sitting.

Do you think that even if I worked my behind off it would be too much? I'm fairly smart and a hard worker so do you think there's any possibility?
Reply 6
Original post by ForeverDay
Do you think that even if I worked my behind off it would be too much? I'm fairly smart and a hard worker so do you think there's any possibility?

I would personally say its still too much. If i had to guess a number, your probably looking at memorising ~50 essays.
Reply 7
Anyone who thinks it's 'too much' or 'not possible' shouldn't be posting in this thread.

You have a whole year just to complete one A Level which is perfectly feasible.

Quick Reply

Latest