The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Wish I didn't :tongue: Biology was always interesting, I just couldn't cope with the learning. The idea of writing about things i've found in coursework is horrific :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'm sure its better than M1. Haha I hated bio at both GCSE and AS, but I love it this year.
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Well I'm sure its better than M1. Haha I hated bio at both GCSE and AS, but I love it this year.

Nah, M1's amazing! But at least you're enjoying bio now, are you another medicine applicant I'm assuming?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryMWilliams
How's it going Year 13 extraordinaires? All geared up for the new term? :biggrin:

noooo I don't want to go back!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, M1's amazing! But at least you're enjoying bio now, are you another medicine applicant I'm assuming?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it? I'm going to fail it so bad haha just like S1. Yep :smile: I am but I'm thinking about taking a gap year and applying for something else as I'm not entirely certain that I actually want to do medicine anymore
Reply 9164
Original post by stephh_elliott
noooo I don't want to go back!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

me neither!! Only a week left of winter break and mocks start right on the 1st day back; duration of 2 weeks.

:s-smilie::s-smilie:
When does everyone start Study Leave this year? We start at the beginning of May as most people have at least a resit...so a monthish to revise for A2s :awesome:
Reply 9166
Original post by usycool1
When does everyone start Study Leave this year? We start at the beginning of May as most people have at least a resit...so a monthish to revise for A2s :awesome:

Don't think we have it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think we break up at half term or maybe the week before, annoying as I have two exams before then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Don't think we have it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha :eviltongue: :tongue:

Just kidding, that sucks tbh :sadnod:

Think we break up at half term or maybe the week before, annoying as I have two exams before then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Last year, I had my C3/C4 exams after study leave. It was SO frustrating, everyone had finished etc. and were just relaxing while we had to go in school AND work. :mad:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it? I'm going to fail it so bad haha just like S1. Yep :smile: I am but I'm thinking about taking a gap year and applying for something else as I'm not entirely certain that I actually want to do medicine anymore

:gasp: Why's that?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
:gasp: Why's that?

I'm not sure if I actually want to spend 5/6 years at uni, and I've started looking at other courses and they seem really interesting and more enjoyable.
I'm not sure if I actually want to spend 5/6 years at uni, and I've started looking at other courses and they seem really interesting and more enjoyable.

I get what you mean, Med school is a big commitment, what else you considering?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I get what you mean, Med school is a big commitment, what else you considering?

Biology, biomedical sciences or pharmacy :smile: I'm actually not sure what I really want to do tbh
Reply 9173

:console: Last year, I had my C3/C4 exams after study leave. It was SO frustrating, everyone had finished etc. and were just relaxing while we had to go in school AND work. :mad:

my study leave will be after my exams have finished
Hey guys! :awesome: how are everyone's holidays going? :h:

It was the same for A2 maths people at my school too, I felt really sorry for them! And I thought having an exam on the first day of study leave in year eleven was bad... Wish I could do GCSEs again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, missed this earlier! I seem to better in the applied modules than pure... I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile:

:eek: Why do you not want to do it any more? What would you go for instead? At least you don't have to decide for definite for a while yet... :console:

Edit: Just saw your reply to boy wonder, I can see your point although if the outcome is what you really want I guess all those years studying is just what you have to go through :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by -bethan-
Hey guys! :awesome: how are everyone's holidays going? :h:

Long time!! Its been good so far :smile: yourself?

Sorry, missed this earlier! I seem to better in the applied modules than pure... I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile:

:eek: Why do you not want to do it any more? What would you go for instead? At least you don't have to decide for definite for a while yet... :console:

Edit: Just saw your reply to boy wonder, I can see your point although if the outcome is what you really want I guess all those years studying is just what you have to go through :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :smile: I'm completely the opposite, I do way better in pure exams.

Tbh, I'm not sure what about what I want to do after uni either so that's a big problem as well. Or maybe I'm just panicking again, which is probably the most likely option
No worries :smile: I'm completely the opposite, I do way better in pure exams.

Tbh, I'm not sure what about what I want to do after uni either so that's a big problem as well. Or maybe I'm just panicking again, which is probably the most likely option

Ahh, maybe give it a couple of months and then see what you think? You never know, your former passion for wanting to do medicine may return... On the other hand, you might decide you really want to be an engineer or something, and then it's not to late :smile: I would say try your best with medicine interviews etc until then though so at least you have the option :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, maybe give it a couple of months and then see what you think? You never know, your former passion for wanting to do medicine may return... On the other hand, you might decide you really want to be an engineer or something, and then it's not to late :smile: I would say try your best with medicine interviews etc until then though so at least you have the option :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt I'd ever want to do engineering :tongue: but I think I'll do that, thanks :smile: I probably am just overreacting right now (probably because everything is going so fast and I don't want to go to uni yet)

Latest