The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by Jazelle
Hey everyone!! I am from Spain, but haven't heard anything yet regarding my application, has Kings started handing out EU interviews??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an EU applicant as well, I'm from Italy! I still haven't heard anything from them. There is a Irish guy here who was interviewed in December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2081
I got an offer. Got interviewed on 19th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2082
Original post by Minnerz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Congratulations!! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minnerz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! Ah, same day as my interview :s-smilie: You must be so pleased :smile:
Reply 2084
Original post by Minnerz

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats! :biggrin: did you get yours today or yesterday?
Original post by lulib
I'm an EU applicant as well, I'm from Italy! I still haven't heard anything from them. There is a Irish guy here who was interviewed in December

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am from Italy as well and i checked my portal yesterday and there was an interview invite for 28th
the letter is dated the 9th but i didnt receive any email.

My stats: 100/100 esame di stato (kind of A*A*A* A-Levels) achieved
800 ukcat

edit: i have been in london for the past few months tho so im not sure wether they considered me international regarding the invite
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2086
Original post by IBMOM
what are your stats and are you currently in year 13?

Yep
10A*s gcse
737.5 ukcat
Reply 2087
Original post by adersh96
Still waiting for an interview. There's until march so there's still time.
My stats:
10 A*s and 1 A at GCSE
720 Average UKCAT
AS: AAAA (B in General Studies)
Predicted: AAA

Is there anyone with similar stats still waiting for an interview?
Thanks

I'm still waiting too, starting to feel like i was the only one!
I'm a UK applicant, 7A*4A GCSEs, AAAB at AS (B in Latin), 762.5 UKCAT
Predicted A*AAA

Good luck, hope we hear soon!
Reply 2088
Hey Guys,
Is there anyone that hasn't heard anything yet?
Original post by glamqueen5
Thanks!! I thought my interview went really badly when I came out, and didn't expect an offer. Have you had an interview?

Wow! Well done! I was interviewed on the 10th and haven't heard anything yet :eek:
Reply 2090
Original post by kolatytler
I am from Italy as well and i checked my portal yesterday and there was an interview invite for 28th
the letter is dated the 9th but i didnt receive any email.

My stats: 100/100 esame di stato (kind of A*A*A* A-Levels) achieved
800 ukcat

edit: i have been in london for the past few months tho so im not sure wether they considered me international regarding the invite

Hi there!
I'm a predicted 100/100 at the Esame do Stato. Are you applying for A100? I guess you're a gap year! I think you're still considered an EU applicant. Congratulations for your interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2091
Original post by futuremed123
Hey guys, i got 3A, 11Bs, 4Cs for GCSEs and i am now studying bio, chem, geo, ICT at AS.

I know my GCSEs are terrible but in my school, only 4 people got 1+ A*.

If i was to get 4 As at AS and then A*AA at A2 paired with a UKCAT of about 700-750. I also am currently working in a Pharmacy, will go to Pakistan to do some work experience in a hospital and also take part in a building houses in villages project, i will be undertaking a placement in a care home every week, DOFE bronze etc...

If i can do this, will i stand a chance at KCL if not, any Medical School in the UK?

Thanks Guys

You can definitely apply for the extended medical degree program that kings has. It's only for students who had taken their GCSE's at a non selective school. They have a list of eligible schools from which students can apply from. Offers are AAA-BBB I think? You won't need all this A* business. Look it up on UCAS.
Hope that helps :smile:
I had an interview on the 12th and haven't heard yet...wait is getting nerve racking! Do we know if they're giving out offers/rejections over the weekend? :smile:
Reply 2093
Hi guys.. When the interview letter asks to scan + upload certificates etc. where on 'myApplication' do you go to upload them?? Thanks :smile:
Are they giving out offers in order of when people were interviewed?
Reply 2095
Sort of regret rescheduling my interview, not that I had a choice. But apparently it could be a few weeks before I'm given another date. Damn it.
Original post by futuremed123
Hey guys, i got 3A, 11Bs, 4Cs for GCSEs and i am now studying bio, chem, geo, ICT at AS.

I know my GCSEs are terrible but in my school, only 4 people got 1+ A*.

If i was to get 4 As at AS and then A*AA at A2 paired with a UKCAT of about 700-750. I also am currently working in a Pharmacy, will go to Pakistan to do some work experience in a hospital and also take part in a building houses in villages project, i will be undertaking a placement in a care home every week, DOFE bronze etc...

If i can do this, will i stand a chance at KCL if not, any Medical School in the UK?

Thanks Guys

Sorry I don't think so because they do place a lot of emphasis onto the number of A* gained :s-smilie:
Reply 2097
Original post by medic321
congrats! :biggrin: did you get yours today or yesterday?

Yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosine
Congratulations!! Thank you for posting..my interview was on the 18th too ..it makes me think that maybe a response is around the corner you know? :tongue:

Good luck! What time was your interview? I'm sure you'll hear soon :smile:
Reply 2099
Original post by glamqueen5
Good luck! What time was your interview? I'm sure you'll hear soon :smile:

ahh thank you..10:40 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest