The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehroze1
Yeah same I guess, hard to tell because whenever you look back at the interview you always think of loads of better stuff you could have said haha! I dunno, some parts were ok, but some I think I was just babbling on! What time was yours?!

Yeah exactly, I now feel I could have said so much more! Hoping the rest of my application can play a part too but don't know if it does after interview? Mine was 4pm, you?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2161
Original post by Dandaman9999
Yeah exactly, I now feel I could have said so much more! Hoping the rest of my application can play a part too but don't know if it does after interview? Mine was 4pm, you?

I was thinking exactly the same,I wonder if they do use the rest of the application aferwards?! I had it at 11:20! Its been exactly a month today haha, this is making me go mad!
I was thinking exactly the same,I wonder if they do use the rest of the application aferwards?! I had it at 11:20! Its been exactly a month today haha, this is making me go mad!

Yeah I hope they do, I feel my work over a few years is equally, if not more, reflective of myself then one 15min chat :smile: Ohh I didn't even notice! I know there were holidays, but they said we would hear back within 2-3 weeks! So taking away the holiday period, we should be hearing back real soon (this week I assume) :eek:
Reply 2163
Yeah I hope they do, I feel my work over a few years is equally, if not more, reflective of myself then one 15min chat :smile: Ohh I didn't even notice! I know there were holidays, but they said we would hear back within 2-3 weeks! So taking away the holiday period, we should be hearing back real soon (this week I assume) :eek:

I'm going to be logging in to my portal every other minute this week haha! Is kings your first choice? Where else have you applied?
I'm going to be logging in to my portal every other minute this week haha! Is kings your first choice? Where else have you applied?

Haha same here!
I went for Imperial, Cambridge (rejected-stupid non-medical interview!), Kings, Barts, in that order :smile: how about you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2165
Haha same here!
I went for Cambridge (rejected-stupid non-medical interview!), Imperial, Kings, Barts, in that order :smile: how about you?

Ah cool, clearly liking London then aha! I've gone with Kings, Sheffield, Newcastle and Leicester! Have you gone with a fifth choice?! I havent bothered this year, will probably take a gap year and reapply!
Ah cool, clearly liking London then aha! I've gone with Kings, Sheffield, Newcastle and Leicester! Have you gone with a fifth choice?! I havent bothered this year, will probably take a gap year and reapply!

Haha yeah, London all the way :tongue: Nice, you heard back from anywhere yet? And nahh, I'm gonna do what you will and take a gap year and reapply :smile: hoping it doesn't reach that stage haha
Reply 2167
Yeah man, London's so cool, and yeah I had an interview at Leicester before Christmas, still waiting to hear back from them hah! And yeah I know what you mean, just desperate for 1 offer!!
Yeah I had mine one the 12th of December but haven't heard back yet :s-smilie: Hope I haven't been rejected!

dont worry bro, hope yu will do fine... but wht was it like, the questions??
Yeah man, London's so cool, and yeah I had an interview at Leicester before Christmas, still waiting to hear back from them hah! And yeah I know what you mean, just desperate for 1 offer!!

Nice, good luck with that! Same here, one offer will do haha

Original post by psmalhotra
dont worry bro, hope yu will do fine... but wht was it like, the questions??

Thanks man, they were just the standard qs you would expect. I can't go into much more detail than that because of the waiver, sorry
Reply 2170
Nice, good luck with that! Same here, one offer will do haha

Thanks man, they were just the standard qs you would expect. I can't go into much more detail than that because of the waiver, sorry

Cheers, and you too, let us know if you hear anything from Kings as well!! Fingers crossed for us all haha!!
Cheers, and you too, let us know if you hear anything from Kings as well!! Fingers crossed for us all haha!!

Haha yep will do!
Reply 2172
Original post by futuremed123
I have had a look at their 6 year course but that says that you should have not attended a selective sixth form and not school. I currently do attend a selective sixth form.

Are you sure about the selective school thing?

aaah bummer... When I looked at it when I was looking at my options last yr it said you can't have taken your GCSE's at a selective school. Maybe they changed it since. I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: BUT Do you go to a non grammer, (soz scuse the spelling, little dyslexic) non private school? Because St Georges love that! and more if your not an Asian girl. Before anyone has a go at that comment it IS true. I was told by a Heart surgeon at UCL Heart hospital who is a part of the UCL selection process that Georges had a seperate interview day for asian girls to compete between themselves because they are the majority group receiving offers. Hope that rant helps :colondollar:
Original post by vee_19
aaah bummer... When I looked at it when I was looking at my options last yr it said you can't have taken your GCSE's at a selective school. Maybe they changed it since. I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: BUT Do you go to a non grammer, (soz scuse the spelling, little dyslexic) non private school? Because St Georges love that! and more if your not an Asian girl. Before anyone has a go at that comment it IS true. I was told by a Heart surgeon at UCL Heart hospital who is a part of the UCL selection process that Georges had a seperate interview day for asian girls to compete between themselves because they are the majority group receiving offers. Hope that rant helps :colondollar:

Woah that's shocking! It might be true but there should be equal competition between applicants, regardless of their ethnicities.
Hi all, I've been invited for an interview on this Wednesday. Just wondering, how do you upload the scans of your certificates and all that onto their portal? Thanks
You message KCL using the portal with the scans as an attachment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also could the people who have interviews tomorrow kindly clear up the interview format for the New Year batch? Whether it's a questionnaire or an essay or both.. Thank you very much! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sausagerolled
You message KCL using the portal with the scans as an attachment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, awesome, thanks :smile: do you reckon it'll be alright if I send each one individually? It says the files are too big to send even 2 at a time.
Yeah I'm guessing that'd be fine, they all come through from the same account anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2179
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Woah that's shocking! It might be true but there should be equal competition between applicants, regardless of their ethnicities.

Yh that's exactly what all the surgeons were saying. I don't quite understand how they get away with it if it is in fact true but tbh I trust what this doctor says because I watched him do so many open heart surgeries and he's a freaking Don so I ain't gonna question it. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest