The Student Room Group

Veterinary Nursing Science - Hartpury College

i have an interview at Hartpury College in February, however i must have deleted the email about it because i can't find it anywhere in my inbox! i was wondering if anyone would mind telling me what was on the email about interviews, what do we have to bring ect ect! it would a great help! good luck to anyone else aswell who has an interview :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry I can't help but I thought I would comment as I can't see a lot of people who are applying to hartpury on here! When do you have your interview? They haven't got back to be yet.. Slightly worrying!
Reply 2
Original post by itskennedyyy
i have an interview at Hartpury College in February, however i must have deleted the email about it because i can't find it anywhere in my inbox! i was wondering if anyone would mind telling me what was on the email about interviews, what do we have to bring ect ect! it would a great help! good luck to anyone else aswell who has an interview :smile:

I had my interview for the Bsc Veterinary Nursing Science degree on wednesday and I got an offer 2 days later on the friday. :biggrin: so excited!!!

The interview involves everyone being interviewed being taken into a room in Hartpury house and being given a talk, then everyone will be split into two groups. Then one group is taken on a tour while the other is taken into a room for the interview. The interview itself consists of filling out a form on what you think veterinary nursing involves, which you wont need to prepare for and then a group discussion, which you also don't need to prepare for. Then you have to give a 2-5 minute presentation in front of the group on why you want to be a Veterinary Nurse, for this you can do it on a powerpoint and just bring the USB stick or you can write it down and take the notes. Once this is done the interview is over and your group will be taken on the tour and then will re-meet with the other group in Hartpury house for people to ask questions.

Just make sure you bring your powerpoint on a USB or just bring notes, also bring a passport picture of yourself and bring the work experience forms completed that they emailed you.

Good luck and I hope to see you in September.:smile:
Reply 3
What did you base your presentation around? this is the bit my daughter is most worried about :-( well done to you!
Reply 4
Original post by vicky1978
What did you base your presentation around? this is the bit my daughter is most worried about :-( well done to you!

I had an interview with Hartpury in january and received an offer two days afterwards. I didn't make a PowerPoint because I didn't fancy messing with technology so I just read off some flash cards instead. They ask you to make a presentation explaining why you want to be a veterinary nurse, so I'd advise explaining what particular aspects interest you as well as possibly including why you chose Hartpury (although I didn't do this). They want to see initiative and genuine interest in the course so you could try and include things you found interesting on work experience. Basically just go for it :smile:
Oh and a lot of people talked about their horse in my interview, probably great for equine nursing but I'm not entirely sure it's best for nursing science. I could be wrong though. Goodluck!
Reply 5
Thank you for your reply, it is such a big thing to mess up she is beginning to panic :-( she has been unsuccessful with others so this is last chance :-( I don't get it as she has everything they ask for ! Thanks again
Reply 6
Original post by vicky1978
Thank you for your reply, it is such a big thing to mess up she is beginning to panic :-( she has been unsuccessful with others so this is last chance :-( I don't get it as she has everything they ask for ! Thanks again

Where has she applied to? Possibly she has not got enough work experience? If she's rejected before invited to interview usually its because entry requirements weren't met. But you've still got to make an impression during interviews so being confident and enthusiastic about the course is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending