The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSE-help
If you don't mind me asking, why are you so passionate about Kings? :smile:

Also, do you know if the course is systems based or subjects based? Website isn't clear about this.

I really want to work in kings college hospital because it's in quote a deprived area and I think it will be so amazing and such a challenge. London is the best place to train as a doctor because it is so multicultural and you meet so many different people, plus kings college is one of the to medical schools in the country - that must be for a reason!

:smile:
It is a traditional course so mainly lectures and you are attached to a patient in the first year.
Also you have this inter professional education thing where you work with other people from other courses like nursing and physiotherapy and work on scenarios and write essays on relevant things - all about embracing teamwork in a hospital.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2441
Original post by shmuxel
Undergrad, I genuinely thought the interview went all right, so I was surprised with a rejection. I did expect it though, given my interview was on 3rd December, only just got a rejection

Nope, no offers so far, I thought the interview went all right... Evidently not

Yeah I had an interview on one of the first dates, 3rd December

I'm sorry to hear about it. I had my interview on 3rd December too, but I'm still yet to hear from the university. How did you find out about the rejection? Did it come through the portal? And if so, at what time did it arrive?
Good! Yeah I have an interview on Monday. I know you can't tell me anything about it, but where there any scientific questions, or really specific questions about the NHS? Not sure how much detail I have to know.

I'm so sorry but I really can't be specific. As long as you've prepared as much as possible, I think you'll be fine. Stay confident and remember, they've called you for an interview because they WANT to give you an offer so just show them what you've got! Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Tee Logan x
I'm so sorry but I really can't be specific. As long as you've prepared as much as possible, I think you'll be fine. Stay confident and remember, they've called you for an interview because they WANT to give you an offer so just show them what you've got! Good luck :biggrin:

It's fine! Thanks a lot, appreciate it :biggrin:
Just got a conditional offer tonight :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by aspiringmedic1
I really want to work in kings college hospital because it's in quote a deprived area and I think it will be so amazing and such a challenge. London is the best place to train as a doctor because it is so multicultural and you meet so many different people, plus kings college is one of the to medical schools in the country - that must be for a reason!

It is a traditional course so mainly lectures and you are attached to a patient in the first year.
Also you have this inter professional education thing where you work with other people from other courses like nursing and physiotherapy and work on scenarios and write essays on relevant things - all about embracing teamwork in a hospital.

Thanks for that :-)
Original post by louiskelly
Just got a conditional offer tonight :smile: :smile: :smile:

Congrats! Did you get asked to upload a copy of your passport? Thanks
Reply 2447
Want to know if they offer AAA to people doing 4

Yes, I study 4 A levels but have been offered AAA
Original post by TheRedPineapple
Congrats! Did you get asked to upload a copy of your passport? Thanks

Yes, they asked me to upload them on Tuesday and I've been nervously been waiting since though, thanks!
Original post by louiskelly
Yes, they asked me to upload them on Tuesday and I've been nervously been waiting since though, thanks!

Are you undergrad? And how do you think your interview went?
To anyone who had an offer after uploading photo/certs, had you previously uploaded these to the portal pre interview so had to send them twice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
To anyone who had an offer after uploading photo/certs, had you previously uploaded these to the portal pre interview so had to send them twice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I did my gcse ones but not my a levels or passport...so you'll probably speed up your application if you've already done it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yolo_kevin
Nah, I did my gcse ones but not my a levels or passport...so you'll probably speed up your application if you've already done it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The joy of being a reapplicant, A level certificates in hand!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The joy of being a reapplicant, A level certificates in hand!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the ever so satisfying "unconditional" :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you undergrad? And how do you think your interview went?

Yes I'm an undergrad :smile: well I thought it went quite well, with regard to the medical questions I thought I did well but I didn't think I answered the ethical question as well as I could have. So overall I was a bit unsure

Well, can i ask, why not Barts and the London? It's in east london- so that's in a deprived area too. Barts actually has a much higher student satisfaction score. Plus, Kings keeps dropping in the med league tables
And the ever so satisfying "unconditional" :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes, only from some unis though, my Newcastle BMSci offer is conditional, the condition is email them the certs...hardest offer ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes, only from some unis though, my Newcastle BMSci offer is conditional, the condition is email them the certs...hardest offer ever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Haha spoilsports...maybe the ability to use a scanner is an important part of the degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? Haha spoilsports...maybe the ability to use a scanner is an important part of the degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Certainly a large part of a kings offer, the tensions surrounding the 'can we see your stuff' message is tense!! As I'm rejecting Newcastle I may send them a photo of me with the caption 'nahhhhhhh' instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Certainly a large part of a kings offer, the tensions surrounding the 'can we see your stuff' message is tense!! As I'm rejecting Newcastle I may send them a photo of me with the caption 'nahhhhhhh' instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, actually caused my blood pressure to increase :colondollar: haha you could make yourself into a meme, I'd love that if I were on the admissions department

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest