The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

AUB entry for 2014

Hey everyone! I thought I would start a thread for all those who have applied, got a place or waiting to hear back for a course at the University of the Arts Bournemouth! I am hoping to study Costume with Performance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied for Film Production, I am yet to hear back. I sent my application off during mid-November.

I have conditional offers for Television Production at Bournemouth University, Film Production & Cinematography at Wiltshire College (BU degree), and Media Production at the University of Lincoln. I got rejected by Ravensbourne after an interview for Digital Film Production.

I am most likely going to firm Television Production at BU. Although I liked the Film Production at AUB, I can see a rejection heading my way.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by KBradders
I have applied for Film Production, I am yet to hear back. I sent my application off during mid-November.

I have conditional offers for Television Production at Bournemouth University, Film Production & Cinematography at Wiltshire College (BU degree), and Media Production at the University of Lincoln. I got rejected by Ravensbourne after an interview for Digital Film Production.

I am most likely going to firm Television Production at BU. Although I liked the Film Production at AUB, I can see a rejection heading my way.

Film production, nice!! I haven't heard back either and it's driving me mad because it's my first choice... I keep frantically checking the AUB portal a billion times a day. Do you know anyone else who has heard back? Is the course particularly competitive?

At least you know you have offers already - especially from BU, which is going to be your firm! Maybe AUB take a while to get back to students? I hope that's the case haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by kmkmkm
Film production, nice!! I haven't heard back either and it's driving me mad because it's my first choice... I keep frantically checking the AUB portal a billion times a day. Do you know anyone else who has heard back? Is the course particularly competitive?

At least you know you have offers already - especially from BU, which is going to be your firm! Maybe AUB take a while to get back to students? I hope that's the case haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sure all of AUB courses are really competitive because of its outstanding reputation, and will most likely take a while to get back to applicants. According to Which? University, Film Production has a 21% offer rate and Costume with Performance at 26%. I don't know of anyone else hearing back from them, no one else has applied for Bournemouth at my college, but maybe that's because we're 250 miles away.

But after being rejected from Ravensbourne based on lack of work experience in the film industry and the showreel apparently being under-developed, I'm not sure on AUB. On their website it states they prefer applicants with work experience, but on the open day they said they take into account where some people are from. I hope this is the case because there is absolutely nothing where I live, and I cannot afford to travel all over for unpaid runner work, whilst also taking into account my poor health for the past few years. In terms of the showreel, my tutors and other people have said there is nothing wrong with it. Anyway the rejection just made my life a bit easier!

I seriously do hope you hear back soon, when did you apply?
Reply 4
grhhh I have applied for AUB film production too and I haven't heard anything from them yet. It's nerve breaking because it's the last one...I have 4 offers already. One of them is also from BU Television production, so KBRadders hi5!! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Hypt
grhhh I have applied for AUB film production too and I haven't heard anything from them yet. It's nerve breaking because it's the last one...I have 4 offers already. One of them is also from BU Television production, so KBRadders hi5!! :biggrin:

I rang AUB up concerning my application, apparently my application was on hold so I'm guessing yours will be as well. Now that the deadline has passed, things should get moving.
I had to let them know that I most likely won't be able to attend an interview if I was to be invited. They said interviews run up until April.

Which of your choices will be your firm?
Reply 6
I got my interview for costume a couple of days ago, FINALLY! I don't think they start interviews or even giving them out till after the 15th Jan deadline - so you'll probably hear back soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've just got an offer from AUB.... :O I'm like dieing....
Reply 8
Original post by Hypt
I've just got an offer from AUB.... :O I'm like dieing....

Well done!!!!! Did you have an interview or did they just except you from your application? I am soooo nervous for mine! It's by far my top choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I've withdrawn my application for AUB. I've firmed BU TV Production.
Reply 10
Original post by kmkmkm
Well done!!!!! Did you have an interview or did they just except you from your application? I am soooo nervous for mine! It's by far my top choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thaanks. Well it was strange because they didn't ask me for one. So I am quite surprised. :eek:
BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW!!! Don't worry...it's the most terryfying thing, but when it's over you will feel awesome. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by KBradders
I've withdrawn my application for AUB. I've firmed BU TV Production.

Why did you do that? :redface:
I'm kinda lost about what to choose...Tv or film production...
Reply 12
I thought (hoped) this was a Maths questions involving sets...
Reply 13
I'm waiting to hear back... Applied for Costume
Original post by Hypt
Why did you do that? :redface:
I'm kinda lost about what to choose...Tv or film production...

Well I had an offer for TV at BU, and I had the rest of the decisions apart from AUB. I preferred the TV course because of what it offered, including the compulsory work experience which would be perfect for me. I also seem to have a preference for TV as well. The Film Production course at AUB is still amazing, but I don't think it's for me.
Reply 15
I received an unconditional offer for Film Production about a week ago, I believe. It was the first reply I had received, so I was ecstatic! Good luck to everyone else who applied.

As an international applicant from the USA, I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about the school's reputation? I have only been able to read what's on the website. Thanks!
Reply 16
I've got an interview scheduled for the 10th of February for BA Animation Production. AUB's my first choice. I live in Northern Ireland so I'll be needing to get a flight to London and then possibly a coach or train to Bournemouth, I don't know my way around very well as I've never been to England. I still need to figure out how I'll be bringing my portfolio with me as I'm not entirely sure of the flight restrictions regarding portfolios. I'm really nervous for the interview itself and I'm worried that my portfolio isn't up to the standard that they're expecting.

Best of luck, everyone!
Original post by Esmerauld
I've got an interview scheduled for the 10th of February for BA Animation Production. AUB's my first choice. I live in Northern Ireland so I'll be needing to get a flight to London and then possibly a coach or train to Bournemouth, I don't know my way around very well as I've never been to England. I still need to figure out how I'll be bringing my portfolio with me as I'm not entirely sure of the flight restrictions regarding portfolios. I'm really nervous for the interview itself and I'm worried that my portfolio isn't up to the standard that they're expecting.

Best of luck, everyone!

Hey there, coming from the states. Man that's a long way for an interview but it seems you're going for the same course I am and so I thought I'd wish you the best of luck.
I'm currently still waiting to hear back from them, it's been over a month and a half now and still no word of an interview :frown:
How soon after applying did you get a reply? They did email me back the other day apologising as they have been overwhelmed with applications this year.

Anyways, I'm from Bournemouth and live 10 minutes away from AUB and BU so if you need any help finding your way around, let me know.
I don't know where I got, 'from the states' from but anyway, the rest of the message still applies haha
Sorry
Reply 19
Original post by craigpayne2011
Hey there, coming from the states. Man that's a long way for an interview but it seems you're going for the same course I am and so I thought I'd wish you the best of luck.
I'm currently still waiting to hear back from them, it's been over a month and a half now and still no word of an interview :frown:
How soon after applying did you get a reply? They did email me back the other day apologising as they have been overwhelmed with applications this year.

Anyways, I'm from Bournemouth and live 10 minutes away from AUB and BU so if you need any help finding your way around, let me know.

Thanks man, much appreciated! I applied to AUB through UCAS in November I believe then heard back from them in December with an interview offer. I can assume that they're still pretty loaded with applications, so I would suggest leaving it for another week and then I would send them an email to admissions regarding the status of your application- if successful, generally they will give you an interview date within 2 months from the date they received your application at most. Here's hoping we'll have the opportunity to meet each other in September. Best of luck! :smile:

Are you currently doing A-Levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending