The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4980
it was last Wednesday so at least they got back to me pretty quick. i was hoping to do art and design. still waiting to hear from goldsmiths to see if they even want to interview me , but i just put that down as a third choice with out giving it much thought. also i could apply to do it here in Ireland but its 2 years of a course and i really wanted to teach and live in the uk. not sure what to do at all ,had my heart set on uwe .
hope your interview went well :smile:
Anyone heard back from University of Birmingham for PGCE Primary?
Original post by Umme
Hey, how did ur interview at man met go if u dnt mind me asking. I've heard it's tough to get into. I have an interview there on the 29th for secondary biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the interview at Manchester Uni much tougher to be honest, the MMU one felt much more like an informal chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4983
Original post by amul1992
I found the interview at Manchester Uni much tougher to be honest, the MMU one felt much more like an informal chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cudnt apply to Manchester uni but now im glad i didnt. Mainly worried about the presentation for MMU. Good luck deciding between the two. I love manchester so would be happy to go to either one :smile:
Hi, a bit late to the game applying for PGCEs but oh well! I was just wondering if someone could help me with a section of the personal statement. How on earth do I write the School and Work experience section? Do I literally just put the dates and school address etc or do I need to go into more detail?

Really confused, probably just making it more complicated for myself! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :smile:
Reply 4985
Original post by peaches17
Hi, a bit late to the game applying for PGCEs but oh well! I was just wondering if someone could help me with a section of the personal statement. How on earth do I write the School and Work experience section? Do I literally just put the dates and school address etc or do I need to go into more detail?

Really confused, probably just making it more complicated for myself! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :smile:

I put the name of each school, the dates I visited and the years I observed. If you're applying for Secondary it might be worth finding out what GCSE/A Level exam boards the school(s) you visited teach(es). I also included a short sentence describing what I did e.g., "Observed lessons and planning meetings. Discussed with staff their experiences of teaching Geography from Year 7 to Year 13." Don't forget to include any details of other work you've done with kids (charity work, scouting and so on) - it's not just for formal observations in schools!

Good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Voxed
I put the name of each school, the dates I visited and the years I observed. If you're applying for Secondary it might be worth finding out what GCSE/A Level exam boards the school(s) you visited teach(es). I also included a short sentence describing what I did e.g., "Observed lessons and planning meetings. Discussed with staff their experiences of teaching Geography from Year 7 to Year 13." Don't forget to include any details of other work you've done with kids (charity work, scouting and so on) - it's not just for formal observations in schools!

Good luck!

That's really helpful, thank you so much!
Has anybody heard or had an interview for Oxford Brookes post compulsory PGCE/secondary PGCE? I applied before Christmas and have still had no response from them! Trying to arrange flights to coincide with my other interviews but starting to think its not looking good for OB now..
Reply 4988
Offer for Bedford!!
Reply 4989
Original post by rso101
I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you have any other choices to hear from still? When was your interview and what subject for? I am still nervously waiting to hear from uwe.

If you've had interviews you must have a strong application form. Have you asked for feedback from your interviews? Maybe see what they say and try work on that before any others.
Reply 4990
Original post by LaurieLee
I am yes! I think I did well on the day, especially in group interview, but I was very very nervous in my individual. I did get to say lots of good things, I just hope they saw past interview nerves!

I have to have a response by 14th Feb so hopefully won't have to wait too long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about that. I was incredibly nervous in the group task; so much so that during my interview, the interviewer even mentioned that I was visibly nervous, but still said that I had given a great interview. Sometimes nerves don't hinder your performance, they just show how important the course obviously is to you; they appreciate that.

If you are successful, send me a message, would be great to have someone to say Hi to on the first day! Fingers crossed!
Reply 4991
Original post by KerryE5
If you've had interviews you must have a strong application form. Have you asked for feedback from your interviews? Maybe see what they say and try work on that before any others.

ya got feedback ,"your performance at interview in comparison with others fell below the required standard for entry to the programme , we are seeking applicants who can preform confidently at interview" . which ya i agree with , i know i was a too quite in one of the parts of the interview in uwe. and could improve since it was my first ever group interview. but if i did get invited to another interview the cost of flight and accommodation and missing time from collage is a big risk for a slight chance of improving.
Reply 4992
Original post by clionaod
ya got feedback ,"your performance at interview in comparison with others fell below the required standard for entry to the programme , we are seeking applicants who can preform confidently at interview" . which ya i agree with , i know i was a too quite in one of the parts of the interview in uwe. and could improve since it was my first ever group interview. but if i did get invited to another interview the cost of flight and accommodation and missing time from collage is a big risk for a slight chance of improving.

I hate group interviews! I always feel like I'm not saying enough. I guess you never know until you try though, maybe next time you'll get an offer then would it be worth it? With confidence I always find practice helps. Or just throwing myself into a situation that makes you nervous can help x
Original post by Laurencarey123
Hi! I had my interview on Friday just gone and I am desperate to find out! They told us it should be early this week, when did you have yours? And how do you think it went?
:smile:

Hi, I had mine last Tuesday. They said we could be waiting up to 2 weeks as it is a busy time with deadlines and undergrad applications, hoping it's not too long! How did yours go? :smile:
Reply 4994
Original post by KerryE5
I hate group interviews! I always feel like I'm not saying enough. I guess you never know until you try though, maybe next time you'll get an offer then would it be worth it? With confidence I always find practice helps. Or just throwing myself into a situation that makes you nervous can help x

ya thanks for your advise and stuff , hopefully goldsmiths will get back to me soon and say if they want to interview me or not , and then ill make a decision.

hope you got/get the one you want :smile:
Reply 4995
Original post by tange03
Has anyone had an interview for primary at Birmingham City Uni or Warwick Uni? Just wondering what you thought of the group task/discussion?

Yes I had an interview at BCU two weeks ago. I really enjoyed it as it was very relaxed and was about a good subject. I suppose it helped that i was in a good group of people who seemed to like it too. Have you done it yourself yet? If you have not i would not worry about it at all.
Ugh you wouldn't think many unis would leave their decision towards the end of when we are guaranteed to hear by, but mine is getting closer than I thought.
Reply 4997
Original post by Cloclo15
Yes I had an interview at BCU two weeks ago. I really enjoyed it as it was very relaxed and was about a good subject. I suppose it helped that i was in a good group of people who seemed to like it too. Have you done it yourself yet? If you have not i would not worry about it at all.

No I haven't! I have it on Wednesday so a bit nervous! Just worried I won't have much to say on the topics they give us for the discussion. Were the topics quite straight forward?
Reply 4998
Original post by hllovt
Anyone else who is going to Bath Spa, there is a Facebook page under Bath Spa Primary 2014-2015, thought it would be a good way to get to know each other before the course starts!

Hey hllovt, I can't find it?!
Original post by madl24903
Anyone heard back from University of Birmingham for PGCE Primary?

I had my interview last week, they said they'll contact is in a week'a time.

Have you had your interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending