The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by va96
I had two ladies..the bunette one and another lady- i'm guessing she is the one who got swapped

Was she a bit old but good looking ( then it was her and I am not surprised she is awesome Lolz ) lol how were they with u ? Good cop / bad cop ? Or no reaction on face ?? But really well done on getting an offer ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
The only thing I hate more than waiting.. is waiting longer than other people have to :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2962
Original post by va96
Just got an offer! I am ecstatic and so grateful as it's my favorite uni!!! interview was on 16th dec- guys don't lose hope :smile:

Hi, I am in year 12 now and I really want to apply to Kings but I don;t know if I'm good enough to go. How did you do in your GCSE's and AS levels, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2963
Original post by hello101
Was she a bit old but good looking ( then it was her and I am not surprised she is awesome Lolz ) lol how were they with u ? Good cop / bad cop ? Or no reaction on face ?? But really well done on getting an offer ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i think so..i found she was kinda tough and had severely annotated my ps!
Original post by sausagerolled
The only thing I hate more than waiting.. is waiting longer than other people have to :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone have an older guy and a blonde woman??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by va96
Yes i think so..i found she was kinda tough and had severely annotated my ps!

Oh ok ... Well she does do annotations like anything.... She was tougj ... Hmm maybe they were doing good cop / bad cop thing coz u were so awesome and they wanted 2 stress u ( this occurs a lot) lolz
Btw dis u get asked to upload ur stuff twice ( i.e did u upload anything prior to interview .. And if u did they ask for it again ? )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously though, I think there's something wrong with me because of the amount I check the portal.. checked it straight after my interview for some reason, every hour on the hour since.. Waiting to hear is seriously damaging my mental health haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2969
Oh ok ... Well she does do annotations like anything.... She was tougj ... Hmm maybe they were doing good cop / bad cop thing coz u were so awesome and they wanted 2 stress u ( this occurs a lot) lolz
Btw dis u get asked to upload ur stuff twice ( i.e did u upload anything prior to interview .. And if u did they ask for it again ? )

Posted from TSR Mobile

I uploaded my gcse and as certificates prior to interview..was told to upload my passport on the 2nd and my as certificates again on the 14th!
Guys, I just wanted to let you know. My interview was on the 2nd of December and King's gave me an offer on the 14th of January. I had almost lost hope, but it's probably just them taking time to sort to through all the applications.

Don't worry about it if they're taking ages to get back to you (as you can see, they took forever with mine), it'll all be okay, and I'm sure you'll all get offers, either from here or another amazing medical school :smile:

Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2971
Original post by Aspiring Medic 7
Guys, I just wanted to let you know. My interview was on the 2nd of December and King's gave me an offer on the 14th of January. I had almost lost hope, but it's probably just them taking time to sort to through all the applications.

Don't worry about it if they're taking ages to get back to you (as you can see, they took forever with mine), it'll all be okay, and I'm sure you'll all get offers, either from here or another amazing medical school :smile:

Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the motivational message, it certainly cheered me up:smile:

I had my interview a week ago and feel depressed not knowing the outcome so I can't even begin to imagine what earlier interviewees must be feeling at the moment.

Good luck guys, I hope they give out a few more offers tomorrow:smile:
Same for me, just waited from the 11th of dec and got an offer tonight! good luck guys!!!
Reply 2973
Original post by REJmaster2012
Same for me, just waited from the 11th of dec and got an offer tonight! good luck guys!!!

congrats!! about what time did it come through?
Original post by REJmaster2012

Wat time was the offer ? Did u get sn email or jus checked the portal ;-)
Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wat time was the offer ? Did u get sn email or jus checked the portal ;-)
Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're on this thread all the time as well haha! When was your interview and have you got an offer?! Or just stuck in purgatory like myself? aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're on this thread all the time as well haha! When was your interview and have you got an offer?! Or just stuck in purgatory like myself? aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol yea
Interview was 16/17 december ( cant look again at the my application lolz)
I am waiting ... And waiting ...have shaved 15 times since the last interview ( faical ofcourse ... Wink lolz) which includes trimming the beard lol interesting statistics...lolz
How about urself

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2977
Any GEP still lurking here after their Jan 6/7 interviews? I know I am.. and the 3 week mark is next Mon/Tues. I wonder if we'll really hear back by the 3 week mark and I hope it's good news!
Original post by veriluxe
Any GEP still lurking here after their Jan 6/7 interviews? I know I am.. and the 3 week mark is next Mon/Tues. I wonder if we'll really hear back by the 3 week mark and I hope it's good news!

Hey. A few offers have already gone out over the past few days.. Most grads are lurking in the grad thread in the medical discussion forum.. Would link, but on my phone sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had 3 different people PM today me asking for information about the interview and in particular what the ethical scenario and essay question was. One person thought I'd had an offer already and thought I wouldn't mind sharing the information as I'd had my offer already and they wouldn't be competing with me.

Well, I don't want to be nasty but we all went in without prior knowledge, I thought that's what an interview is about to assess YOUR knowledge and skills not someone else's. I just wish people weren't so sneaky it makes me sad that these people want to be Drs.

I should point out what the GMC say about cheating, I think the same applies here whether you're cheating in the class room or just trying to elicit information to benefit you...it is deceitful nonetheless.

TO THOSE THAT HAVE HAD OFFERS ALREADY, please do not disclose any information, you never know who is monitoring this thread and the PM's, I sure wouldn't want to risk my offer if I had one already. It also reduces everyone else's chances that are waiting to hear back.

Sorry for the rant but I only joined TSR yesterday and already bombarded with requests for information.

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest