The Student Room Group

Human Biology OR Biology??

I am now doing AS Human Biology and I've just been told by someone that universities don't see Human Biology equally as Biology even though they say they do on the website. I just finish the first module of Human Bio which is the same as the first module of Bio so I can still change now if I want to. I just want to ask everyone if it's true that universities actually don't see Human Bio and Bio the same and that it could put me at disadvantage if I apply with an human biology A-level rather than a Biology A-level??

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by mwu13
I am now doing AS Human Biology and I've just been told by someone that universities don't see Human Biology equally as Biology even though they say they do on the website. I just finish the first module of Human Bio which is the same as the first module of Bio so I can still change now if I want to. I just want to ask everyone if it's true that universities actually don't see Human Bio and Bio the same and that it could put me at disadvantage if I apply with an human biology A-level rather than a Biology A-level??

Thanks in advance :smile:

Either should be fine - unless the medical school has specifically stated that human biology is seen differently, it won't disadvantage you.

Best thing to do is to email the med schools you're hoping to apply to, just for your own peace of mind :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
Either should be fine - unless the medical school has specifically stated that human biology is seen differently, it won't disadvantage you.

Best thing to do is to email the med schools you're hoping to apply to, just for your own peace of mind :smile:

Ok thanks a lot. I will email, but i haven't even decide which medical school I'm applying to. :/
Original post by mwu13
Ok thanks a lot. I will email, but i haven't even decide which medical school I'm applying to. :/

Well you've got loads of time to figure that out! :smile:

You really don't have to worry about it. I don't think human biology will disadvantage you when it comes to medicine at all, so you really don't have to be in a rush to e-mail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending