The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Sherman a hood? :lol:

Maybe he's not but he sure makes himself sound like one. :tongue:

That being said, I am very happy they beat the Niners. :biggrin:
Reply 8261
I just made my pico de gallo to put on top of this evenings nachos! The Superbowl is coming! As far as betting goes I obviously have the Seahawks to win, I've got Harvin 1st TD and a 2 point conversion to be completed. I was nearly tempted by my hedge on Denver meaning if they won I'd only lose 90p but I decided that I'd still be a bit frustrated if they won so there was no point. I've had the Hawks for so long too so it would feel hollow celebrating a Denver win.
What the actual ****. Luke Kuelchy as DPOTY? **** off you must be ****ting me. Can name 5 more deserving candidates.

Ron Rivera as COTY is a complete farce as well. Andy Reid, Kelly and Belichick all been better...
Reply 8263
What the actual ****. Luke Kuelchy as DPOTY? **** off you must be ****ting me. Can name 5 more deserving candidates.

Ron Rivera as COTY is a complete farce as well. Andy Reid, Kelly and Belichick all been better...

Really you're going to debate Kuechly? He's been everywhere for the Panthers all season. He's literally ran the Panthers D in his 2nd year and run or pass he's there making plays.

Ron Rivera however is a bit farcical. Belichick as much as I don't like him, did so much with an absolutely skeleton Patriots team. I'm not sure they've ever had a fully fit set of starters on either side of the ball all season. For me Andy Reid is a dodgy candidate because his team fell off the wagon and he did have a team full of pro bowlers. I've liked Chip Kelly this season though, I can see why you've put him amongst it.
Original post by Wattsy
Really you're going to debate Kuechly? He's been everywhere for the Panthers all season. He's literally ran the Panthers D in his 2nd year and run or pass he's there making plays.

Ron Rivera however is a bit farcical. Belichick as much as I don't like him, did so much with an absolutely skeleton Patriots team. I'm not sure they've ever had a fully fit set of starters on either side of the ball all season. For me Andy Reid is a dodgy candidate because his team fell off the wagon and he did have a team full of pro bowlers. I've liked Chip Kelly this season though, I can see why you've put him amongst it.

Yeah I will debate Kuelchy. Bowman was better, Lavonte David was better, Robert Mathis was better. Quinn was better. Sherman hell could have been there. Kuelchy is not the DPOTY that was a joke.

Belichick I have third/second in the list. Andy Reid may be dodgy but his team did transform, sure they tailed off but they did have injuries to their two best linebackers.
Reply 8265
Yeah I will debate Kuelchy. Bowman was better, Lavonte David was better, Robert Mathis was better. Quinn was better. Sherman hell could have been there. Kuelchy is not the DPOTY that was a joke.

Belichick I have third/second in the list. Andy Reid may be dodgy but his team did transform, sure they tailed off but they did have injuries to their two best linebackers.

The only defensive player that was better on that list than Kuelchy was David this year, and no player on a 4-12 team should win anything. So by default, Kuelchy.
Original post by ..DT..
The only defensive player that was better on that list than Kuelchy was David this year, and no player on a 4-12 team should win anything. So by default, Kuelchy.

How is that so?

Mathis single handedly tore other teams up with no other pass rush threat. Sherman was well Sherman, unplayable. Quinn monstrous.

The media pushed Kuechly thats it.
Solo tackles: Bowman=120, Kuechly=93
Sacks: Bowman=5, Kuechly=3
Interceptions: Bowman=2, Kuechly=4
Forced Fumbles: Bowman=4, Kuechly=0
Touchdowns: Bowman=1, Kuechly=0
Passes Defended: Bowman=9, Kuechly=7

Whats that Bowman was actually better?
Reply 8268

I haven't seen enough of the Bucs to judge David, Bowman was great, he's always great I think that sometimes being so consistently awesome hurts, not getting a vote is a pretty bad joke though! Mathis was the one spark on a pretty weak Colts D and thus was the big concern for every team and he still made plays so I understand why you put him in close. Quinn plays for the Rams which just doesn't help at all, its the AP awards so they'll vote for who they see and are writing about. I think it could have gone to any of these guys but I don't think anyone can say that Kuechly winning is a travesty by any means.
Original post by Wattsy
I haven't seen enough of the Bucs to judge David, Bowman was great, he's always great I think that sometimes being so consistently awesome hurts, not getting a vote is a pretty bad joke though! Mathis was the one spark on a pretty weak Colts D and thus was the big concern for every team and he still made plays so I understand why you put him in close. Quinn plays for the Rams which just doesn't help at all, its the AP awards so they'll vote for who they see and are writing about. I think it could have gone to any of these guys but I don't think anyone can say that Kuechly winning is a travesty by any means.

David is just straight up baller. Best linebacker probably between him and Bowman. Kuechly freaking gets so many of his tackles after his front 4 have already brought the guy down as evidence by his solo tackles.
Reply 8270
Kuechly mr PI? :lol:

You can't go purely off stats like that. That's just a list of numbers that provides no context.
Superbowl predictions?

I reckon the Broncos will just clinch it, they have an insane offence!

Ravens fan btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8273

You know you struggle with debates when you just take a list of stats and throw them around without support.
Original post by TheMagicRat
You can't go purely off stats like that. That's just a list of numbers that provides no context.

It kind of does. Maybe if it was just one stat but its all of them bar total tackles. Bowman did more than Kuechly.

What do you want to use to determine it.
Original post by ..DT..
You know you struggle with debates when you just take a list of stats and throw them around without support.

Okay whats your reasoning for Kuechly getting DPOTY. That list shows Bowman did more besides jut be a tackle machine.

Sure Kuechly is a great player but there were better players and that includes 3 in the same position. The media are obsessed with Kuechly since he came into the league.
It kind of does. Maybe if it was just one stat but its all of them bar total tackles. Bowman did more than Kuechly,

Yes, he did more but that's all it tells me. What it doesn't tell is when they did those things. Doing some of those things when the game is already won or lost means nothing but doing them when the game is on the line is what really matters. Bowman may well come out on top when taking that into consideration any way but I still think those numbers mean next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm with Malevolent on this one. There were quite a few players better than Kuechly. What probably won it for him was that signature 25 tackle game though.

I would have given it to Lavonte if I voted. I don't give a **** about their team records its about DPOTY not Defensive team of the year.
Reply 8278
Can't forget about Earl Thomas in this debate. :tongue:
Actually saying that forgot Thomas as well!

Latest