The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3680
Original post by kolatytler
yep it was last year (she's now a first year). And i think they probably wont do it again, the same friend told me that at kings a lot of students fail midsessional (this year around 40% of the cohort got below the passmark of 50) and many also fail the yeat...i think they will try and reduce the number of admitted students that dont get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

40% did not fail midsessional!cant rmeber exact number but only a few fail end of year as well if they don't work through out year!

work hard get the grades and call up kings if you've been rejected.not sure if they will have as many spaces available this year though,Iv met 10 people who got in results day in my year!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Been checking my portal for the past 4 months and been seeing the same thing! :frown:
Dont mind waiting as long as it's not for a rejection! Come on Kings please! Anyone else who havnt heard anything and without any offers?
Reply 3682
Offer! Safe to say, this is the best valentines day present ever :smile:
Original post by Sanika21

what time did you get it and when was your interview?
Reply 3684
Original post by Sanika21

Are you international?
Original post by PocketMerlin
4pm, although in reality it was at about 4:10 because they were running behind a bit (I was a little worried when nobody came at 4pm to the waiting room to take me to interview haha). :biggrin: When was yours?

Aw, mines was at 14:20 :smile: i've got my Barts interview next Monday :/ nervous! where else did you apply? :smile:
Reply 3686
Original post by pkozman
Are you international?

yes, interviewed on the 30th january
Is it weird that none of the medical schools are replying through email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beinlondon
Is it weird that none of the medical schools are replying through email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, because they state millions of times 'if you have a question use the portal'!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3689
Original post by rascal23
Had my interview on the 23rd of January and just received an offer!! IB predicted 41 and UKCAT 750 :smile:

I had my interview on the same day, got an offer on the same day and am also doing the IB! :biggrin: what time was your interview? Well done on the offer!
Original post by callummj6747
No, because they state millions of times 'if you have a question use the portal'!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even through the portal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3691
Any internationals interviewed on the 10th get an offer?
Reply 3692
Original post by Cojo23
Hey guys! Congratulations to everyone who's received offers so far, and fingers crossed for those who're still waiting on a response!
Just wondering, is there a facebook page or something like that set up for a100/a101 offer holders for 2014 entry? It'd be nice to get to know some of the people I might be studying with starting September!

Hey, very late reply, but I just had a look and couldn't find one!

Does anyone know how to/want to make a facebook group for KCL medicine offer holders?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kajal909
Hey, very late reply, but I just had a look and couldn't find one!

Does anyone know how to/want to make a group for KCL medicine offer holders?

Im not an applicant, but i have noticed many people do it through fb groups. In cambridge threads, u can see similar examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3694
Im not an applicant, but i have noticed many people do it through fb groups. In cambridge threads, u can see similar examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, sorry, I meant facebook group!
Even through the portal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've responded to all my queries....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3696
Original post by callummj6747
They've responded to all my queries....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Likewise...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3697

Same...
Reply 3698
I've an interview at Birmingham in the half term holidays.

Do you think Kings admissions will be open too and they might send some offers out next week?
Reply 3699
Original post by 0612
I've an interview at Birmingham in the half term holidays.

Do you think Kings admissions will be open too and they might send some offers out next week?

Universities don't have a 'half term' this week do they??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest