The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

House/Techno Music Scene in Bristol

Hi all,

Just wondering what the house/tech house/techno music scene is like up there? (I DJ these genres)

Also, if anyone else is starting in Sept and are also into the same sort of scene, leave a comment! Be great to hit some events with like-minded people!

Many thanks =)
(edited 10 years ago)
Alrite pal, saw your post and thought id comment, well into my house/techno music scene, just popping off to Ibiza for the summer :smile: before i start down in Bristol in sept! We'll have to get involved at motion which is prob the best event venue down there, skate park by day, rave by night haha
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Havent been out for a few months but there's a lot of tight, deep stuff on at Dojo atm. Thekla on a Friday is usually good aswell.
Reply 3
Original post by ConnorDavies1
Alrite pal, saw your post and thought id comment, well into my house/techno music scene, just popping off to Ibiza for the summer :smile: before i start down in Bristol in sept! We'll have to get involved at motion which is prob the best event venue down there, skate park by day, rave by night haha

awesome!! Yea I'm bang up or that! Where abouts you from? welsh surname lol, I'm from near Llanelli
Reply 4
Original post by Adamjones
Hi all,

Just wondering what the house/tech house/techno music scene is like up there? (I DJ these genres)

Also, if anyone else is starting in Sept and are also into the same sort of scene, leave a comment! Be great to hit some events with like-minded people!

Many thanks =)

That scene is famously large in Bristol.

Check out the websites of Timbuk2, Dojo, Lakota, Motion, Basement 45, Thekla. All good clubs. Students go there the most for these nights. They hold famous nights. Motion holds the "biggest" in the sense that it holds something like 3000 people so has the money for really famous DJ nights - but comes at prices of £20-35 for one night. Motion is good but not necessarily the most fun or individual and going too much will kill it, so person above don't get your hopes up that much and check out the other places. The other clubs are standard club entry price and hold really sick events sometimes (in my opinion, especially Lakota and Timbuk2 and Thekla, although I don't like Thekla because it gets so hot I can't breathe.)

PS. apply to Badock Hall if you're worried about not finding people who like these nights too - Badock lives in these clubs every night all week (little bit of an exaggeration, but on purpose).
(edited 10 years ago)
Hiiii!

I'm moving to bristol too this september and both of us r looking for the same : techno!
I just enjoy parties and raves, but my boyfriend produces techno. It would be awesome to find a good party for september :smile:

Sofia
Reply 6
half the reason i chose bristol uni was for the music scene.. as well as motion i've been looking into black swan and lakota to check out once i get there, they seem a lot like the free party/sound system kinda scene. hoping to catch vandal about if anyone likes his stuff, always seem to miss him when he pops up to play parties in london
Bristol is awesome.
Reply 8
Hey man,

I'm into the house scene, just got back from Creamfields. It would be great to meet up with people who have similar interests.
Reply 9
Yo I'm a big fan of house and especially the deep stuff. I'm into Kaytranada, XYconstant, Snakehips etc..
Liking this thread! Lakota looks very decent during freshers week... Hackman and Justin Martin are there
Reply 11
what halls are you all placed in? im at northwell house, just down the road from lakota :tongue: wish there were more parks around for morning comedowns n that though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending