The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Is York Uni good for languages/history/politics?

I’m interested in applying to York Uni and am considering studying modern languages (specifically French and German) - also have a keen interest in history and politics. If anyone is studying any of these subjects at York I’d love to here from you about the quality of teaching, career prospects, and the general vibe of the uni!
ALSO I love theatre and drama - is there a good drama scene at York? Thx 😊
Original post by dogz32
I’m interested in applying to York Uni and am considering studying modern languages (specifically French and German) - also have a keen interest in history and politics. If anyone is studying any of these subjects at York I’d love to here from you about the quality of teaching, career prospects, and the general vibe of the uni!
ALSO I love theatre and drama - is there a good drama scene at York? Thx 😊

Hi!

I didn't study any of those subjects, but we have some blog posts written by our students who study languages that you might find interesting.

I also love theatre and there's a really good scene here! We have the Drama Barn venue where the Drama Society put on regular plays and offer opportunities to showcase your original writing. We also have CHMS which is the Musical Society, who also do regular student-run shows.

In town, we have a number of performance venues including the York Theatre Royal, York Barbican and York Opera House, so there's always lots to go and watch!

In general, York is a very creative city with something for everyone!

Hope this helps,

Hazel 🙂
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending