The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Origami Bullets
None of this is legal or illegal - it's got nothing to do with the law.

I'd suggest that you get your tutor at KCL to contact Manchester on your behalf and explain the situation.

I know it has nothing to do with law. :smile: All I am trying to say is that they have a rule -which they admitted to have- not to mark above 70. But yes, I guess the best thing I can try to do is to get my tutor to talk to them, if not contact myself.

Thank you anyways. :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Firming Manchester for Chemical Engineering- Oak House :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1142
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Firming Manchester for Chemical Engineering- Oak House :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you already applied for accommodation?
Are you going to the open house day on 16/03/14, or are you totally set on Oak House? :biggrin:
Original post by mytsr
Have you already applied for accommodation?
Are you going to the open house day on 16/03/14, or are you totally set on Oak House? :biggrin:

I've already applied, I'm not going to the open house day whatever that is (I live 4 hours away!) and yes, I'm set on Oak House :biggrin: You?
Reply 1144
I've already applied, I'm not going to the open house day whatever that is (I live 4 hours away!) and yes, I'm set on Oak House :biggrin: You?

I haven't applied yet, I'm thinking Oak House but I'm not sure whether to go with or without a basin :dontknow:. Don't know if it's worth another £11 per week, depends how busy shared bathrooms would be.
Original post by mytsr
I haven't applied yet, I'm thinking Oak House but I'm not sure whether to go with or without a basin :dontknow:. Don't know if it's worth another £11 per week, depends how busy shared bathrooms would be.

I've applied for Oak House with basin. I thought it might come in handy, and it's not much more expensive. I don't actually know the 2014 prices though.
I think it's two bathrooms between 8 people in a flat?
What course have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 1146
I've applied for Oak House with basin. I thought it might come in handy, and it's not much more expensive. I don't actually know the 2014 prices though.
I think it's two bathrooms between 8 people in a flat?
What course have you applied for? :smile:

Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise those prices were for 2013-2014.

oak house 13-14.PNG

Obviously I'm not good at noticing the details :rolleyes:.

I applied for Chemical engineering(with industry):biggrin:
Original post by mytsr
Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise those prices were for 2013-2014.

oak house 13-14.PNG

Obviously I'm not good at noticing the details :rolleyes:.

I applied for Chemical engineering(with industry):biggrin:

Haha, I was misled at first too.

That's awesome- same here! Are you firming Manchester?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1148
Original post by mytsr
I've made Manchester my firm choice for Chemical engineering(with industry).

I was also thinking of Oak House too, but I haven't applied for accommodation yet.
Are you thinking of going to the open house day on March 16th?

My friends sister lives in Oak House. Lovely green walls they have :colone:
Reply 1149
Haha, I was misled at first too.

That's awesome- same here! Are you firming Manchester?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already have! I firmed Manchester on Sunday, it still feels kinda weird knowing I've done it :eek::biggrin:.
Original post by cyiarik

Green walls? Ewww.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mytsr
I already have! I firmed Manchester on Sunday, it still feels kinda weird knowing I've done it :eek::biggrin:.

In that case, see you in September :P I'm firming Manchester next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1152
Original post by cyiarik

Not entirely sure what to make of this, especially the emoticon it's creepy in a strange and ambiguous way...
Hey guys:smile: I've applied to study a modern European language with a middle eastern language and I have an interview tomorrow.
for anyone who's had a languages interview, I realise this is a stupid question but will I actually be asked to speak in the language I want to study (French)? If so, what could I be asked?
Reply 1154
Original post by mytsr
Not entirely sure what to make of this, especially the emoticon it's creepy in a strange and ambiguous way...

TINY ROOMS AND SICK GREEN BREEZE BLOCK WALLS!!

:colone::colone: and i like the creepy one mwahahaah...
Reply 1155
Green walls? Ewww.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahahaa but its dirt cheap and im a penny pincher so imma be living there if i get it as my first choice accomodation.
Reply 1156
In that case, see you in September :P I'm firming Manchester next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you applied for accommodation before firming(or insuring) Manchester, I didn't know that was possible.

Anyway see you in September then :smile:.
Original post by mytsr

It's 2 bathrooms between 8 people. Given that you'll all be on different schedules, the chances of a bathroom clash are minimal. I don't think I ever had a situation where both bathrooms were in use when I wanted to use them.

I had a sink in my room and TBH I wouldn't bother paying for it again. It only meant that I had to walk about 2 metres less when I wanted to brush my teeth, though the guys seem to think that the sinks in their rooms were an alternative urinal :puke:

Original post by cyiarik

Ah, fond memories of pale green breezeblock and no plaster on the walls :moon:
Reply 1158
Original post by cyiarik

What have you applied for?
Are you going to firm Manchester?
(and Oak House are those green breeze block walls calling to you too :wink:)
Reply 1159
Original post by mariam zaheer
anyone applied for accounting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey yeah got my offer, probably going to firm. Wbu ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending