The Student Room Group

Newcastle Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by koyyj127
I feel you, the wait is absolutely terrible, but on the bright side, as I did terribly, there would be one fewer competitor :P
Just out of curiosity, where are you from and where else have you applied to?

I'm Russian.. Got conditional offer for Plymouth and waiting for Newcastle and Belfast to get back post-interview... Sheffield rejection without interview. Newcastle is my first choice and I did quite well (I thought) but whyyy are they not replying(((
Original post by PeaceLovePink
Same happened with me! It was my second interview but the first was mmi, so it was my first panel interview. The interviewer seemed so expressionless and wouldn't respond to any of my answers, it was horrible! Tbh it wasn't one of my first choices until i went there and fell in love with it! Whatever happens im sure you'll be fine :smile: where else have you applied? And thanks so much! You as well:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? that's like the completely opposite to my one, my interviewers were sooo nice! We must have had a different panel, when was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by someone01
really? that's like the completely opposite to my one, my interviewers were sooo nice! We must have had a different panel, when was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was on the ground floor on the 31st Jan, one man and one woman was on the interview panel, the man was kinda nice but the woman asked most of the questions and kept interrupting me (and not smiling at all too) :/
Mine was on the ground floor on the 31st Jan, one man and one woman was on the interview panel, the man was kinda nice but the woman asked most of the questions and kept interrupting me (and not smiling at all too) :/

my one was on the 31st as well :O It was on the floor where the common room is, is that the ground floor? It was a woman and a man as well, I found them both nice, although maybe the man was a bit nicer than the woman

Posted from TSR Mobile
The interviewers looked as if they couldn't wait to end the interview :/ I have no idea how long my interview was but I assumed it was abt 15 minutes ? I kinda wanted to cry straight after my interview because I was so traumatized by my own performance haha
I applied to Leeds (waiting list for 2014 entry and offer for 2015 entry :smile: ) , and still waiting for Barts post interview. Got rejected by Bristol pre-interview x_x My first Where else have you applied to and which was your first choice initially? :biggrin:

I think mine lasted for about 15 mins.. I actually cried all the way home from newcastle! Its safe to say it was one of the worst experiences ever! King's was my first choice but got rejected pre interview from there, leeds (pre interview rejection) and in waiting to hear from dundee.. I found my dundee interview quite enjoyable actually so hopefully its good news from there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by veronikam
I'm Russian.. Got conditional offer for Plymouth and waiting for Newcastle and Belfast to get back post-interview... Sheffield rejection without interview. Newcastle is my first choice and I did quite well (I thought) but whyyy are they not replying(((

hey :smile: when was your interview? was it on the 31st? (I remember talking to some russian girl, that's why I'm asking haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was on the 27th.. I had 2 men, the one asking the questions seemed so morbid and horrible and the other one would sometimes respond by smiling or nodding his head

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine was on the 27th.. I had 2 men, the one asking the questions seemed so morbid and horrible and the other one would sometimes respond by smiling or nodding his head

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, we had different panels them. I'm really sorry to hear about your horrible experience but you got an offer now and that's what matters! :biggrin: are you firming newcastle as your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah, we had different panels them. I'm really sorry to hear about your horrible experience but you got an offer now and that's what matters! :biggrin: are you firming newcastle as your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha true! Yeah I'm just waiting to hear from dundee and then i'll firm it.. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
hey :smile: when was your interview? was it on the 31st? (I remember talking to some russian girl, that's why I'm asking haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yep that was me.. i remember only one other international girl who went first, me after her, is that you?)
Haha true! Yeah I'm just waiting to hear from dundee and then i'll firm it.. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure yet, I got an offer from Plymouth as well and I'm not sure which one to firm! I love them both! they were both my first choice. I'm waiting to hear from Barts but I'm not that bothered about it since I don't really want to go there..

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol yep that was me.. i remember only one other international girl who went first, me after her, is that you?)

No, I'm a home student, I was wearing a plain grey dress and we were both playing with those amazing red chairs :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
No, I'm a home student, I was wearing a plain grey dress and we were both playing with those amazing red chairs :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh i'm sorry i was talking to koyyj127 before, didn't realise it was someone else replying. YEAH i remember you and chairs lol!)) congratulations with your offer.. I just hope they are dealing with home students first, otherwise... I'm worried. I got Plymouth too btw, they replied today! But I'd rather go to Newcastle. Hey we might end up studying together)
Reply 153

Hiii :biggrin: I rmb you XD I'm the girl who went first XD
oh i'm sorry i was talking to koyyj127 before, didn't realise it was someone else replying. YEAH i remember you and chairs lol!)) congratulations with your offer.. I just hope they are dealing with home students first, otherwise... I'm worried. I got Plymouth too btw, they replied today! But I'd rather go to Newcastle. Hey we might end up studying together)

Thank you :smile: well done for Plymouth! aww yeah we might end up going to uni together! Best of luck with newcastle!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Hiii :biggrin: I rmb you XD I'm the girl who went first XD

I thought so) Being first is tough. Not as bad as being late like me though :biggrin: I can't wait anymore I swear, just want to knowww
I'm not sure yet, I got an offer from Plymouth as well and I'm not sure which one to firm! I love them both! they were both my first choice. I'm waiting to hear from Barts but I'm not that bothered about it since I don't really want to go there..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww well done on getting two offers! They're both amazing! Go with the one youd prefer to stay at for the next 5 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww well done on getting two offers! They're both amazing! Go with the one youd prefer to stay at for the next 5 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :smile: I think that I would enjoy both. Although I'm a bit worried that Plymouth might get boring after a while whereas in Newcastle there are so many places to go and nightlife is amazing, but then again... plymouth is much warmer than newcastle and it's right by the sea... such a tough decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Still nothing. I hate it so much
thank you :smile: I think that I would enjoy both. Although I'm a bit worried that Plymouth might get boring after a while whereas in Newcastle there are so many places to go and nightlife is amazing, but then again... plymouth is much warmer than newcastle and it's right by the sea... such a tough decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah its much warmer down south but tbh we don't get good weather in the uk so you wouldn't be able to spend a lot of your time on the beach.. But then i have a friend who just went down to plymouth and he loved the fact that it was right on the coast.. He was talking about being able to take a boat to France from there hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest