The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
Original post by veriluxe
Definitely firming this. Who's the other Irish guy? I guess I can't complain too much since you had your interview before mine. Really hope next week gives us good news!

Yeah, I'd say I'd firm it too. Malakey95, he got rejected a while back though. :/ Yeah, me too. I really want to have an offer in time to go to the offer-holders day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 4061
Hey guys, just saw that I got an offer from kings! Just happened to check around 8 and it was there, strangely received the update later at 1233. If it helps I really don't think I came across as anything special during my interview. I had it on 16th of jan, and am a grad going for the 5 year course. Hopefully it's good news for the rest of you guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by veriluxe
OMG !! Are you trolling me?! Haha I'm driving myself insane here and not to sound stalker or anything but your avatar is different! How's life now as an offer holder? :wink:

I am not trolling you!! I swear, I got my offer at 5:45 PM when I refreshed my portal page at 5:44 PM (My mother thinks I need professional help). Hehehe I am still in shock! It's going to take a little while longer for all this to sink in. 3 days ago, I was still walking around sulking and now..! They are probably just processing your AP certificates. Why ask for them if they don't want you? Hang in there.

Original post by KerryMan
So it went from Acceptance of Interview to "Your application is being processed" and now it's back at "Acceptance of interview".

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

WHY DO KING'S DO THIS TO ME?!

Okay, so the exact same thing happened to me and I got a decision in the next batch of decisions. I don't know how accurate this is!!!!

Original post by redsoxs
Hey guys, just saw that I got an offer from kings! Just happened to check around 8 and it was there, strangely received the update later at 1233. If it helps I really don't think I came across as anything special during my interview. I had it on 16th of jan, and am a grad going for the 5 year course. Hopefully it's good news for the rest of you guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay, another graduate. :smile: I think I will (most likely) be firming. What about you? Apparently we are pretty low priority on the accommodation hierarchy so finding accommodation in London is going to be a nightmare. XP
How many offers do you think have been given out so far?
Reply 4064
Original post by Cephalosporin

Yay, another graduate. :smile: I think I will (most likely) be firming. What about you? Apparently we are pretty low priority on the accommodation hierarchy so finding accommodation in London is going to be a nightmare. XP

Awesome, where have you done your undergrad? Yeah kings is my top choice, but I think I'll let them wait until I reply. They've def been taking their sweet time. Oh that's not good abut accommodation, no idea what I'll do for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
OFFER!!!!! Interview on March 4th and offer on March 7th.

So happy right now!!!!
Can't wait to be there in september.
:banana2::banana2::banana2::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase:
Interview on Monday *Excited* :biggrin:
Reply 4067
Original post by redsoxs
Awesome, where have you done your undergrad? Yeah kings is my top choice, but I think I'll let them wait until I reply. They've def been taking their sweet time. Oh that's not good abut accommodation, no idea what I'll do for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay another graduate!
Original post by FrenchBookWorm
OFFER!!!!! Interview on March 4th and offer on March 7th.

So happy right now!!!!
Can't wait to be there in september.
:banana2::banana2::banana2::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase:

Congrats! Are you local or international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by great life
Congrats! Are you local or international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
International, I'm French.

Do you have an offer yourself?
Has anyone who received the "interview was competitive, but not high enough" message heard anything?
Original post by Megamanshah
Has anyone who received the "interview was competitive, but not high enough" message heard anything?

Nothing yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmagic

I'm getting increasingly worried that I might get rejected, they seem to have handed out offers to students from the UK and now are giving out offers to international students
Original post by Megamanshah
I'm getting increasingly worried that I might get rejected, they seem to have handed out offers to students from the UK and now are giving out offers to international students

Don't worry too much, that's cos this past month they had been interviewing internationals, and are now getting back to them...there are still places but probably not too many for all of us who received the "competitive interview but not high enough.." message and we'll just have to wait til the end of the cycle to hear back

Anyone know when the final interview dates are? Think they've written end of march on the portal somewhere?
Reply 4074
Hi, does anyone know whether my Application Status should change after interview? Because my Application Status is still at "Acceptance of Interview" even though I had my interview more than 2 weeks ago... (P.S. I'm an international student, had interview on February 19th)
Original post by lazer46
Hi, does anyone know whether my Application Status should change after interview? Because my Application Status is still at "Acceptance of Interview" even though I had my interview more than 2 weeks ago... (P.S. I'm an international student, had interview on February 19th)

It only changes from that if they offer you or reject you. Mine stayed as acceptance of interview until I was offered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4076
So updates only come at 5.45pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4077
Original post by iacovos
So updates only come at 5.45pm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems to be a trend of around 5-6 pm I think.
Hey guys! So I have my interview next week, im an international student (had problems with visa so i had to postpone the interview date). Any last minute advice? oh and just out of curiousity has anyone had this interview through skype?
Oh dear.... Just had a nightmare / panic thinggy ...
Basically in the dream i recieved an update from kcl saying they have given out all offers and whilst my score was competitive ; it wasnt competitive enough......
And then they called other people up after rejecting them post interview on results day ... Lol at my imagination ... But seriously ......
I have now woken up and constantly checking mg portal ...cAnt sleep ...
Oh lordy .... I think i am becoming more and more pessimistic as more offers are being given out .......
Help ..... Gulp ...... Sad face ... Was this a psychic moment or my negative thought process ...... or my conscience trying to tell me something ... Like an accurate assessment of my interview ...
Funny never had nightmares doing dissections ......and other ' challenging stuff '
Clear sign i need to hit the gym hard .....
WHy is life becoming so hard ( ps not depressed lol) ...
Sorry for a relatively long and selfish post .......

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest