The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8540
Original post by Malevolent
I want Verner please.

It's looking like Revis is going to be cut though...
Original post by alow

Would love to have Revis but think he's just a little too much . Verner or Revis is fine with me.
Reply 8542
Would love to have Revis but think he's just a little too much . Verner or Revis is fine with me.

Yeah Revis would probably be a fair bit more expensive and (I'm going to assume you're a pats fan based on your location :tongue:) the Patriots don't seem like they are too keen on big money FAs.
Reply 8543
Original post by alow

I can't see him being cut. Maybe a decent mid round pick and tampa would let him go but if not, we aren't that pushed for cap space.
Reply 8544
Original post by ..DT..
I can't see him being cut. Maybe a decent mid round pick and tampa would let him go but if not, we aren't that pushed for cap space.

The bucs really are wasting their money on Revis though. They have the completely wrong defensive scheme to utilise the best man cover player in the NFL.
Original post by alow
Yeah Revis would probably be a fair bit more expensive and (I'm going to assume you're a pats fan based on your location :tongue:) the Patriots don't seem like they are too keen on big money FAs.

Supposed 3 way trade coming lol
DeMarcus Ware cut by the Cowboys. Good move if you ask me!
Reply 8547
Supposed 3 way trade coming lol

Should be interesting :lol:

The Cowboys cut Ware! :eek: I thought he would have agreed to a salary cut :frown:
Reply 8548
Not completely sure on the ins and outs of free agency and whatnot but wouldn't the Cowboys have been better off trying to trade Ware? Surely there will have been takers?
Peppers or ware would be nice if they accepted a pay cut. Need a damn corner if v.davis got 4 years 39m wonder what Talib will get...

Edelman looks to be testing too. Second year tom Brady's favorite target could be gone... ****ing hell!
Broncos sign Talib. **** sake sometimes I wish we would screw out team over for the next few years to go all in like the donkeys are...
Reply 8551
Original post by alow
The bucs really are wasting their money on Revis though. They have the completely wrong defensive scheme to utilise the best man cover player in the NFL.

This is true, now we have Verner I'd love to see us palm off revis to some team we will very rarely encounter for a 7th round pick.
Reply 8552
Original post by ..DT..
This is true, now we have Verner I'd love to see us palm off revis to some team we will very rarely encounter for a 7th round pick.

Verner and Revis together in the right scheme could be amazing though!
Reply 8553
Original post by alow
Verner and Revis together in the right scheme could be amazing though!

If we stick with what we have though we are going to have to draft so offensive oriented and hope for a hit.

If Glennon can be consistent and Martin can get out of his sophomore slump though we could be a force.
Reply 8554
Original post by ..DT..
If we stick with what we have though we are going to have to draft so offensive oriented and hope for a hit.

If Glennon can be consistent and Martin can get out of his sophomore slump though we could be a force.

Definitely.

They've signed McCown now though, so maybe Glennon developing won't be so important. No matter what Martin does really need to get back to how productive he was in his rookie year.
Revis is now a patriot. It feels good. What a move now I can finally justify buying a Revis jersey :cry2:
Revis is now a patriot. It feels good. What a move now I can finally justify buying a Revis jersey :cry2:

He is incredibly overrated, have fun with that one
Original post by Hedgeman49
He is incredibly overrated, have fun with that one

How is he overrated? Interested to hear this one. :rolleyes:
Original post by alow

Doesn't matter what scheme a coach will have in mind, you scheme around the players you have. If you have one of the best shutdown corners, really really good in press coverage, you should utilise less zone, and let him take wr's to revis island.

Peppers or ware would be nice if they accepted a pay cut. Need a damn corner if v.davis got 4 years 39m wonder what Talib will get...

Edelman looks to be testing too. Second year tom Brady's favorite target could be gone... ****ing hell!

Dayum the Broncos overpaid. Very, very bad move. I mean it's aggressive. But the wrong move. At that point Verner was available and the bucs got him for $26.5m on a 4 year contract ($14m guaranteed.) A $57m ($26m guaranteed) 6 year contract, for someone who is injury prone and has very questionable character issues is a risk, for sure, when it really shouldn't have been. If it works, the franchise does well in the very short to short term, which is unsustainable, kicking the can down the road and leading to ruin in the future. Or if he fails, well, it'll set the franchise back a couple of years as well. Furthermore, it means that DRC will be allowed to walk. He was one of the better cover corners in the league and DRC and Chris Harris Jr. were very effective together. As it is, corner wasn't really the Broncos weak point last year. It was the awful safety play and lack of pass rush. They have addressed SS with TJ Ward (thanks, browns!) but Quinton Carter was getting healthy again. So now that position has depth.

I don't know where I stand regarding the signing of ware. He seems to be a better fit for the 4-3, but he got decent production in the 3-4. Maybe Allen would have been a better fit, but nevertheless Ware is excellent if he can stay healthy.

Bad move letting Edelman walk. Very bad move. The guy moves house to 'play catch' with Tom Brady, working on building chemistry and they want to start again?? If it wasn't the patriots, I would say they are crazy but still, a boneheaded move.

Coach BB loves sticking it to the Jets, doesn't he? I feel Patriots and Bucs are the winners, Broncos and Titans losers out of all this, in this corner square dance.
Original post by jammy4041
Doesn't matter what scheme a coach will have in mind, you scheme around the players you have. If you have one of the best shutdown corners, really really good in press coverage, you should utilise less zone, and let him take wr's to revis island.

Dayum the Broncos overpaid. Very, very bad move. I mean it's aggressive. But the wrong move. At that point Verner was available and the bucs got him for $26.5m on a 4 year contract ($14m guaranteed.) A $57m ($26m guaranteed) 6 year contract, for someone who is injury prone and has very questionable character issues is a risk, for sure, when it really shouldn't have been. If it works, the franchise does well in the very short to short term, which is unsustainable, kicking the can down the road and leading to ruin in the future. Or if he fails, well, it'll set the franchise back a couple of years as well. Furthermore, it means that DRC will be allowed to walk. He was one of the better cover corners in the league and DRC and Chris Harris Jr. were very effective together. As it is, corner wasn't really the Broncos weak point last year. It was the awful safety play and lack of pass rush. They have addressed SS with TJ Ward (thanks, browns!) but Quinton Carter was getting healthy again. So now that position has depth.

I don't know where I stand regarding the signing of ware. He seems to be a better fit for the 4-3, but he got decent production in the 3-4. Maybe Allen would have been a better fit, but nevertheless Ware is excellent if he can stay healthy.

Bad move letting Edelman walk. Very bad move. The guy moves house to 'play catch' with Tom Brady, working on building chemistry and they want to start again?? If it wasn't the patriots, I would say they are crazy but still, a boneheaded move.

Coach BB loves sticking it to the Jets, doesn't he? I feel Patriots and Bucs are the winners, Broncos and Titans losers out of all this, in this corner square dance.

Not sure how that guy can say he's overrated. Revis is a flat out beast. I'm super pissed about Edelman though, two years we could be letting toms favorite target go.

Revis island i look forward to it.

Latest