The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucycooper1997
I got 5 a*s and 5 As in my GCSEs, i have about 4 weeks of work experience, plus a lot of extra curricular. If I perform well in the UKCAT and get 4 As will i still have a chance of getting into Kings, as my gcse grades are not that strong.

With a +750 UKCAT you have a good chance, however any lower may be risky...the sliding UKCAT/GCSE scale is hard to judge!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Lucycooper1997
I got 5 a*s and 5 As in my GCSEs, i have about 4 weeks of work experience, plus a lot of extra curricular. If I perform well in the UKCAT and get 4 As will i still have a chance of getting into Kings, as my gcse grades are not that strong.

I got 7A*s 4As and 765 ukcat, and had an interview in December, so like above, if you have a high ukcat you should have a pretty good chance :smile:
Reply 4142
I think they put more weight on the ukcat - I have 11A*s but only 725 for my UKCAT, and had an interview last Thursday, which is pretty late, so I think they look at high UKCATs more than GCSEs
Original post by callummj6747
Offers folk, what time u showing up on the 19th?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I booked an accommodation tour at like 11:30 so i'll probably come like 11:15? wbu?
Original post by maryamnc
I booked an accommodation tour at like 11:30 so i'll probably come like 11:15? wbu?

Towards midday I think, my tour is at 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4145
hey i just received an offer on friday. is that a closed facebook group?
Reply 4146
what accommodation is everyone thinking of going for? i like the idea of the new champion hill residence but it's quite far out.. also considering intercollegiates because of the social aspect but they're also quite far away
Original post by br13
what accommodation is everyone thinking of going for? i like the idea of the new champion hill residence but it's quite far out.. also considering intercollegiates because of the social aspect but they're also quite far away

great Dover street apartments! but they're not catered :frown: I want intercollegiate halls too, but they're too far away....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4148
Original post by starcloud
great Dover street apartments! but they're not catered :frown: I want intercollegiate halls too, but they're too far away....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear I'll gain loads of weight if I go for catered. I'd rather suffer a little and learn how to cook :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chowkat
I swear I'll gain loads of weight if I go for catered. I'd rather suffer a little and learn how to cook :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put on weight eating salad so intercollegiate halls are my idea of hell, I'd need a gastric bypass by Christmas!! Tbh if you can read....you can cook!! Get a slow cooker as well, they're a miracle!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
dont worry they said...we'll get back to you in 2-3 weeks they said...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kolatytler
dont worry they said...we'll get back to you in 2-3 weeks they said...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If what someone said is true, and their last interview is 27th March, we could be waiting until April for offers :'(
Original post by f.loco
Congratulations to those who got offers and unlucky to those that didn't, hope you get one from your other choices.

Did anyone get an offer with gcses of
Less than or around mines which are 3A*s 4As 3Bs and 1 C?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 A* , 5 A and 3 B's with a 780 UKCAT.
i gave them a call for updates and...there will (most probably) not be another offer holders open day after the one tomorrow, the lady also said that everyone will hear by the end of the month

Posted from TSR Mobile
i gave them a call for updates and...there will (most probably) not be another offer holders open day after the one tomorrow, the lady also said that everyone will hear by the end of the month

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i applied for the emdp course and i was told there will be another offer day ( i think its a100 and emdp together)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RachHill
Hi, i applied for the emdp course and i was told there will be another offer day ( i think its a100 and emdp together)

Posted from TSR Mobile

she was sure that at the moment they did not plan to have any other open day. on the website as well there is a single date

Posted from TSR Mobile
she was sure that at the moment they did not plan to have any other open day. on the website as well there is a single date

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah i just called up, she said they will still arrange for the later offer holders to visit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4157
Anyone going to the open day tomorrow, are you going alone or bringing a parent or guest?
Original post by pripie
Anyone going to the open day tomorrow, are you going alone or bringing a parent or guest?

I am :smile: i wanted to take my sister but then i decided not to. Are you coming tomorrow?
Has anybody with Band 3 got an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest