The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by booth96
Hey!
I've got a conditional offer of AAB for BA geography with a year of international study. This is my dream university and dream course! The only thing is I don't think I'm going to meet the conditions, I'm studying geography psychology and English, and am more likely to get ABB.
I've got a conditional offer from Manchester for AB and a pass at welsh baccalaureate, which is much more achievable!
However I really don't want to decline UOB! I'm not sure what to do, as Manchester are flexible and quoted in the offer letter that they'll do their best to find you a place even if you don't meet the conditions!
Does anyone know where UOB stand if you don't meet the conditions? Are they flexible with trying to place you on a similar course etc?
I don't want to decline Birmingham, but there's also no point putting it as my insurance if I get into Manchester! But also don't want to put Manchester as insurance as if unforeseeable circumstances arise and I don't meet the conditions when they see it's my insurance they may not try and place me on a course!
If anyone has any idea about the flexibility UOB have on results day i'd really appreciate it!

Heyy :smile: I've got an offer for BSc Geography :smile: I've firmed my offer for university of birmingham :smile: they said to me on the applicant day that they are quite likely to take you if you miss the offer by one grade so if you got ABB, if you contacted them on results day they are quite likely to still give you a place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1221
Just firmed my Computer Science offer :smile:
Original post by hanjf
I've done that too, they just keep saying that it does exist and that student finance should be able to find it:frown:
Are you sure you can't just type in the course name from a drop down list? I'm pretty sure I just typed in the key words like drama and English and it came up!!
Reply 1223
Original post by brettgmason
Are you sure you can't just type in the course name from a drop down list? I'm pretty sure I just typed in the key words like drama and English and it came up!!

Nope it doesn't work:frown: they're having to sort it out themselves, don't get why it's just happening to me:frown:
Original post by hanjf
Nope it doesn't work:frown: they're having to sort it out themselves, don't get why it's just happening to me:frown:

Very strange!! Hope it's get sorted for you :frown: Sorry I couldn't help more!
Reply 1225
Original post by brettgmason
Very strange!! Hope it's get sorted for you :frown: Sorry I couldn't help more!

I'm happy to say it's finally worked :smile:
Original post by hanjf
I'm happy to say it's finally worked :smile:

Waheyy good times!
Reply 1227
Original post by githz
When do you start applying for accommodation? Do you have till firming on UCAS and if so where do you get the details from? So behind with all this, also how do you sort out finances? Sorry for sounding clueless it's just our school hasn't really kept us updated so little confused! Anyone with any advice please message me :smile: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apply for birmingham accommodation right now, it's allocated by the date of your first application!
Reply 1228
Officially firmed Birmingham studying LLB :smile: yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulkkk
Still haven't heard from Birmingham :/ I've recieved 3 offers so far, but I really fancy B'ham. A month to go, so lets keep fingers crossed

Sorry, I didn't really follow this thread in the past few weeks - Did you hear back from Bham yet? :smile:

I got my offer for IR&Economics from Bham about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting to hear back from one more choice before I can actually make a decision :tongue:
Reply 1230
Original post by githz
When do you start applying for accommodation? Do you have till firming on UCAS and if so where do you get the details from? So behind with all this, also how do you sort out finances? Sorry for sounding clueless it's just our school hasn't really kept us updated so little confused! Anyone with any advice please message me :smile: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should apply now for accommodation as it's a first come first served basis. You don't have to have firmed it to apply. The number you need to do it will be on your letter. You can change where you want to live later as well.

You can apply for finance now too but I haven't done that yet as I haven't made my firm and insurance decisions yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1231
Just firmed my graduate llb offer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1232
Original post by whitelion
Sorry, I didn't really follow this thread in the past few weeks - Did you hear back from Bham yet? :smile:

I got my offer for IR&Economics from Bham about two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting to hear back from one more choice before I can actually make a decision :tongue:

Yep, heard back from them some weeks ago :smile: i'm going to firm B'ham. who keeps you waiting?
Original post by Pulkkk
Yep, heard back from them some weeks ago :smile: i'm going to firm B'ham. who keeps you waiting?

Nice, congratulations :smile: Might see you there then :wink:
Edinburgh.....
Reply 1234
please can someone tell me how to apply for accommodation? is anyone interested in pritchatts house?
Original post by Julieth
please can someone tell me how to apply for accommodation? is anyone interested in pritchatts house?

Hey there!

If you have received an offer from the university you will be sent a package by mail containing your offer letter. You will then need to log on to the university accommodation portal with your student ID (which is printed on the top left hand corner of the offer letter) to make an application. I believe accommodation availability is based on a first come first served basis, so apply as soon as you have your offer letter!!

Personally my top two choices are maple bank and tennis courts, both of which seem to be extremely popular choices according to what I've read on the forums.. Hopefully I'll get one out of the two (don't mind either)
Reply 1236
Anyone else gone for the Ensuite Mason meal plan? Hope to meet some of you guys there in September! Slightly annoyed it's further away from campus compared to the other accommodation but having the ensuite and food is the best combo for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1237
Hey i put Maple Bank Catered first as well, hopefully i will get it!
Reply 1238
Original post by gunner93
Hey there!

If you have received an offer from the university you will be sent a package by mail containing your offer letter. You will then need to log on to the university accommodation portal with your student ID (which is printed on the top left hand corner of the offer letter) to make an application. I believe accommodation availability is based on a first come first served basis, so apply as soon as you have your offer letter!!

Personally my top two choices are maple bank and tennis courts, both of which seem to be extremely popular choices according to what I've read on the forums.. Hopefully I'll get one out of the two (don't mind either)

Thanks for helping me. ...I have finished my accommodation application.....hope they offer me my first preference.
Reply 1239
Just to make sure...when they allocate accommodation do they allocate them in terms of dates of application or date of "choosing" your housing so for example if I was to change my mind last minute about which housing i wanted to stay at would I be given more preference over someone who applied later on but for the same housing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending