The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE / Sciences Po Dual Degree in IR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alannajayne
Hey! I was rejected too - oh well! Such a long wait for a rejection. I was accepted separately to LSE so I'll be going there in September. Where are you off to, or will you try again?

Best of luck with everything.!

I too was accepted separately at LSE! Guess we're gonna see each other in September then!! :biggrin: Wait, are you also gonna be in the IR course?

Original post by Cavit
hey, too. i was also rejected. is there anyone got the acceptance? is this the year of rejection or the site of rejection :smile:

Ahahah I think it's the site - or at least I hope so, I know Sciences Po is one of the most selective schools ever! What are your back up plans aside Sciences Po? Good luck to you! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by worldtreader
I too was accepted separately at LSE! Guess we're gonna see each other in September then!! :biggrin: Wait, are you also gonna be in the IR course?

Awesome! Great work! I'm in Comparative Politics - they have a democracy and democratisation stream which is right up my ally. You made any plans for accommodation yet? And are you international or from the the UK? I'm so curious! Also, we should definitely buy each other a commiseration drink come September (though I am stoked to be going to LSE!). :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by worldtreader

Ahahah I think it's the site - or at least I hope so, I know Sciences Po is one of the most selective schools ever! What are your back up plans aside Sciences Po? Good luck to you! :smile:

it was my only and sole application and so i think i will try my chance for spring term with other universities. maybe with LSE :smile: have a good chance to you in LSE..
Original post by Alannajayne

Awesome! Great work! I'm in Comparative Politics - they have a democracy and democratisation stream which is right up my ally. You made any plans for accommodation yet? And are you international or from the the UK? I'm so curious! Also, we should definitely buy each other a commiseration drink come September (though I am stoked to be going to LSE!). :smile:

Yeah, I got an offer for Rosebery Hall! And I'm Italian! What about you? It's a yes for the drink! :biggrin:

Original post by Cavit
it was my only and sole application and so i think i will try my chance for spring term with other universities. maybe with LSE :smile: have a good chance to you in LSE..

Thanks, best of luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 24
Hey,

I also applied to the IR dual degree program Science Po/LSE.

I got accepted into the International Security MA at Science Po but still no reply from the dual degree program with LSE.

I have a friend who got accepted into that program last year, she's now in her first year at Science Po and will be going to LSE next year.

She only got a response from Science Po at the beginning of June last year.

So for anyone else who is waiting as well, looks like it may be a while yet!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bouilam
Hey,

I also applied to the IR dual degree program Science Po/LSE.

I got accepted into the International Security MA at Science Po but still no reply from the dual degree program with LSE.

I have a friend who got accepted into that program last year, she's now in her first year at Science Po and will be going to LSE next year.

She only got a response from Science Po at the beginning of June last year.

So for anyone else who is waiting as well, looks like it may be a while yet!

Hey! i also applied for the International Security Master at Sciences PO and for a DUAL Degree Sciences PO/Freie Universitaet Berlin.
When did yo apply? Can you tell me more about yourself and your credentials? I m really stressed out that I won@t be a good candidate for International Security. I applied one day before the deadline so I m guessing it will take them I while to write back...
Thank you!
Irina
Reply 26
Original post by sponge_phara
Hey! i also applied for the International Security Master at Sciences PO and for a DUAL Degree Sciences PO/Freie Universitaet Berlin.
When did yo apply? Can you tell me more about yourself and your credentials? I m really stressed out that I won@t be a good candidate for International Security. I applied one day before the deadline so I m guessing it will take them I while to write back...
Thank you!
Irina

Hey!

I applied mid february, it did take them a while to respond, I heard back the day I posted that message I think.

I'm french but I've mostly lived abroad, in the US and Switzerland. I speak french, english and german. I have been doing my undergrad in the uk (university of birmingham), last year i got a high 2.1 but due to my grades this year I've been predicted a first. I have several months work experience in the private sector working against pharmaceutical crime and I've also been really involved in MUN and a student organisation called AIESEC.

I don't know if that helps much.My advice would be just to wait and try not to worry too much, there isn't much that can be done now. I'm sure you'll be fine. Have you applied anywhere else?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bouilam
Hey!

I applied mid february, it did take them a while to respond, I heard back the day I posted that message I think.

I'm french but I've mostly lived abroad, in the US and Switzerland. I speak french, english and german. I have been doing my undergrad in the uk (university of birmingham), last year i got a high 2.1 but due to my grades this year I've been predicted a first. I have several months work experience in the private sector working against pharmaceutical crime and I've also been really involved in MUN and a student organisation called AIESEC.

I don't know if that helps much.My advice would be just to wait and try not to worry too much, there isn't much that can be done now. I'm sure you'll be fine. Have you applied anywhere else?

Hey! Thanks for responding :-) I have applied in Vienna, for the Diplomatic Academy and I will probably try to get into FU Berlin, they have a Masters on Nord-American Studies. However, my 1st choices remains Sciences PO, the International Security Master...

I've studied Economics (not such stelar grades) and Political Science (very good GPA) in German at the University of Vienna. I speak romanian, french, german and english and have done three internships, one at the Romanian Embassy in Paris, UNESCO and the Austrian Institute for International Politics. I have also been to three MUNs, been part of the European Student Association BETA, AIESEC, AFA Vienna etc. I'm only afraid that my grades will either make me or break me. Have you decided which of the offers you'll consider? :-)

Thanks again!
Reply 28
Original post by sponge_phara
Hey! Thanks for responding :-) I have applied in Vienna, for the Diplomatic Academy and I will probably try to get into FU Berlin, they have a Masters on Nord-American Studies. However, my 1st choices remains Sciences PO, the International Security Master...

I've studied Economics (not such stelar grades) and Political Science (very good GPA) in German at the University of Vienna. I speak romanian, french, german and english and have done three internships, one at the Romanian Embassy in Paris, UNESCO and the Austrian Institute for International Politics. I have also been to three MUNs, been part of the European Student Association BETA, AIESEC, AFA Vienna etc. I'm only afraid that my grades will either make me or break me. Have you decided which of the offers you'll consider? :-)

Thanks again!

Sounds like you have a good chance of getting in! As long as you have good reference letters I think you should be fine. They seem to like people who are very involved in extracurricular activities and who have had some professional experience, as well as good grades relating to political science.

I'm really not sure. I've also got offers from UCL and Kings, and I'm waiting from a reply from LSE and Oxford. I really wanted to go to Science Po but I've read some quite negative comments about PSIA, mainly from american/uk perspective who say they were shocked at how different things were in done in the french system compared to the anglo-saxon system. I know the french system is very different, and although a great majority of the classes of the classes are in english the way the teaching and assessing is done will be quite different. It's said to be less socratic, with lecturers dictating the lessons to you with little in class debate.

If you want to read more about some negative comments that have been made here's a link: https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/graduate-school/689132-lse-versus-sciences-po-help-me-p2.html. Some things are exaggerations I think, for example it is possible to find a quite place to study in Paris, there are tons of libraries you just need to know where to go.But he does make some good points. Saying that, my friend who is in the MA International Security this year told me she highly recommends it. She graduated from PPE Oxford so I'm sure the standard of teaching is great.

I haven't decided yet, I'm going to wait until I receive responses from everywhere I've applied to but if I get into the dual degree programme I will most likely pick that offer, it's a good way to get the best of both worlds.

Good luck anyways and let me know when you hear back!

Amelie
Reply 29
Hello all,

I am also awaiting word on the Sciences Po-LSE dual degree program. The last email I received from Sciences Po indicated that I would receive word on the decision by mid-May, at the latest. We'll see. I have already been admitted to the Sciences Po International Security Program, but I was waitlisted for the LSE International Relations Program, so I'm not optimistic about my chances for the dual degree program. I was waitlisted over 7 weeks ago now, so I'm hoping to get that final decision soon.

I was also admitted into KCL IR program, as well as Leiden University's International Affairs Program, but I think I'll be heading to Sciences Po this Fall, whether I'm accepted to the dual degree program or not. I think it's a great program, from what I've read, and looking forward to it.

I've spent the last 11 years in the U.S. Army, so I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to go back to school.

Good luck to you both!

Mike
Reply 30
Hi Irina,

I would like to get in touch with you more about the application process as I also intend to apply to Sciences Po Int Sec Prog ; would it be possible to get a fb address or smtg like that ? mersi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending