The Student Room Group

Sciences Po undergrad applicants 2023

Hey!
I'm applying to Sciences Po to start next year, it would be fun to talk to other applicants, maybe we can help each other out!

I've applied for the UCL dual degree and intend on also applying for the standard course at the Poitiers campus.
Reply 1
Is anyone else applying?
Hey guys, I applied to Reims and Menton before 25th of January and I'm still waiting to hear a result.
Reply 3
Original post by flashyinfluence
Hey guys, I applied to Reims and Menton before 25th of January and I'm still waiting to hear a result.

Nice! How was your interview?
Reply 4
Original post by Skrutty26
Nice! How was your interview?

DD applied for Reims and UBC and had interview 10 days ago. Still wiating to hear how it went.
Reply 5
Original post by Tilmeg
DD applied for Reims and UBC and had interview 10 days ago. Still wiating to hear how it went.

cool, I applied for Poitiers, had my interview 6 days ago. I guess we'll hear back soon.
Reply 6
cool, I applied for Poitiers, had my interview 6 days ago. I guess we'll hear back soon.

UBCsay by the end of this week for the dual degree . So few places tho
Reply 7
Original post by Tilmeg
UBCsay by the end of this week for the dual degree . So few places tho

yeah it's tough... I've applied for the dual degree with UCL and the normal degree and both are tough but we've gotta stay hopeful.

Are you Canadian, or from elsewhere?
Reply 8
yeah it's tough... I've applied for the dual degree with UCL and the normal degree and both are tough but we've gotta stay hopeful.

Are you Canadian, or from elsewhere?

British but live in France. Doesnt look like she has got it as has received something saying she has UBC but no mention of science Po
Hey!
I'm applying to Sciences Po to start next year, it would be fun to talk to other applicants, maybe we can help each other out!

I've applied for the UCL dual degree and intend on also applying for the standard course at the Poitiers campus.

Just now receive the rejection, cried for almost 1 hour, and hardly accept the truth..
Reply 10
(Original post by JasmineTracyovo)Just now receive the rejection, cried for almost 1 hour, and hardly accept the truth..

Daughter we think was rejected yesterday but havent had it confirmed. All v confusing with UBC who have admitted her to their BA but not said anything about science Po so we assume it's a rejection
Reply 11
ok so got it wrong :smile: DD accepted sciences PO UBC . Dont quite believe it . She rang them to make sure :tongue:

hey :smile:

I also applied for a double degree with ucl for the menton campus. I still haven't had an answer for an interview. Do you know if they sent all the mails, because I don't have a refusal too?
Reply 13
Original post by ines2005
hey :smile:

I also applied for a double degree with ucl for the menton campus. I still haven't had an answer for an interview. Do you know if they sent all the mails, because I don't have a refusal too?

Daughter still waiting to hear from ISPS at UCL. The critical thinking test was only March 18 for ESPS and ISPS so i am guessing they will start soon. They have until May 18 in the UK .Her offer from UBC/Science Po has unil May 31 to be accepted so there is time . Good luck
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
I don’t think they have sent any emails yet, but they should in the next few days, based on previous years. I also applied for the dual degree and I haven’t heard anything.
Reply 15
Hii I recently applied for Reims and Menton and was wondering if anyone had done the interview? How was it like and what questions did they ask you? Also if you have any tips on how I could prep please do share them!!
Reply 16
(Original post by Heyhey156)Hii I recently applied for Reims and Menton and was wondering if anyone had done the interview? How was it like and what questions did they ask you? Also if you have any tips on how I could prep please do share them!!

Daughter had an interview for Reims. Was lots on current affairs, why she thought she was the right person for the course, what her motivations were etc. Thiswas for one of the dual degress so there was a UBC prof too soyour might not be thesame. She said it lasted 25 mins and was just a nice chat. Only techiical question wasre verifying sources . Good luck
hey everyone ! I just received an offer from Sciences Po, but I've also gotten one from LSE. I'm so torn between both. would you guys mind telling me why you applied to sciences po? what are the pros and cons in comparison to UK unis? A major downside of Sciences Po is obviously the fees but then again it's not like living in London is the cheapest... thanks !!!
Reply 18
I picked Sciences Po because it is allows studying lots of different stuff (politics, history, economics, sociology, law, languages etc.)
Also because I want to study in France, the uni is very international, lots of cool societies and associations on the campuses etc.
Assuming you're British, the price is 9250 at LSE as opposed to 12200 at Sciences Po, which is more expensive. As you say though, London is expensive, and keep in mind you might have to commute every day unless you get an apartment in central London, which would be very pricey.
I'm going to Poitiers and I've got a great apartment just across the street from Sciences Po for a reasonable rent so I personally prefer Sciences Po.
You should also consider your future; both unis are very well known in the realm of politics and the social sciences, but if you're planning on living and working in the UK, LSE is more familiar to most. Sciences Po, meanwhile, is very well known in France. Obviously you don't know exactly what you'll be doing and where, but it's worth considering.
Also a major thing for me is the year abroad - my third year at Sciences Po will be abroad, and is integrated into the course, whereas if you want to study abroad at LSE you probably have to add a year.
You've got time, just do research on both unis, maybe make a list, talk to friends/family/uni counsellor, and figure out which one appeals to you more.
hiya, thanks for your post, it's really useful :smile: and yes I'll make sure to do loads of research to avoid regretting my choice !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending