The Student Room Group

Sciences Po | Admissions 23

Hi guys!! I'm applying at Sciences Po for the course Masters in Communications, Media and Creative Industries. I was wondering if I could get connected with people who are in the same boat as me and have applied to the School of Management and Impact.....

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I am not applying to the same degree but if you have question about the application process I just submitted my app :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Eleouille
Hi,
I am not applying to the same degree but if you have question about the application process I just submitted my app :wink:

Hey! I also submitted my application last night. I'm just nervous about the decision so decided to post here to get connected to those who applied with me.
Yes I understand. I just hope people will connect a bit.
Hey! Also applying, submitting mine in the coming days (still want to give my letter a couple more reads lol). I'm applying to ID fwiw
Reply 5
Guys I need a help.
I submitted my application on 24th October, and on 27th, I received an email from them saying that i did not attach proof for my english language. Even though on the Sciences Po website it is written that high school diploma is enough to show that my medium of instruction in high school was English. For reasons i can't understand, they asked me to attach a certificate issued separately by high school stating that english was our language. Today i wanted to upload it to the dashboard, bt the modify the file link has been removed. So i sent it to their official admission email id.

Do you think they have seen it? I'm freaking out by the thought that they can miss my email given that they must be receiving so many emails everyday. What do u guys think i should do?
Original post by Tris19
Guys I need a help.
I submitted my application on 24th October, and on 27th, I received an email from them saying that i did not attach proof for my english language. Even though on the Sciences Po website it is written that high school diploma is enough to show that my medium of instruction in high school was English. For reasons i can't understand, they asked me to attach a certificate issued separately by high school stating that english was our language. Today i wanted to upload it to the dashboard, bt the modify the file link has been removed. So i sent it to their official admission email id.

Do you think they have seen it? I'm freaking out by the thought that they can miss my email given that they must be receiving so many emails everyday. What do u guys think i should do?

Don't worry - would just send a polite email stating all the above & reach out to your HS asap.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi ,

I think you did the right thing sending it to the admission email. If they don't tell you they ve received it, I would send an email asking them and explaining the link wasn't working just to check that they saw it ( in a few days). But otherwise you did everything they asked even without the link so hopefully you will be fine 😉
Reply 8
Thanks guys for the replies. I'm just hoping that they consider me for the Eiffel scholarship since it's really imp for me. Let's see..... Fingers crossed 🤞
Hey all, I'll be submitting mine shortly, just waiting on a reference. Does anyone know how popular the one-year MPA masters is? Do students mainly apply for a 2 year programme?
Reply 10
It depends on each applicant tbh. Although most new undergrads do apply to the 2 yr courses, bt in all Sciences Po seminars I've attended, there are.atleast dozen applicants who have more than 3yrs of professional experience, and all those people r encouraged to apply to the 1 yr courses.
So to answer your question, idk about the popularity, bt i do know that the MPA courses r really good in terms of academics and growth. And I'd say it's actually great that less people apply to ur preferred course, since it'll more likely increase ur odds to get selected 😊.
All the best!
Hi,
I think Tris is right. Sciences Po is mainly known for its 2 years degree program so it might be les competitive but also don't know how many people are accepted each year so I would not rely on this for admission. As long as you have work experience and a good narrative, I am sure you have a shot!
Anyone hear anything? Also, what careers are y'all pursuing?
Hi, I haven't heard anything yet but on my application it is written that it is complete so that enough for now. I think looking at previous year that we will hear about admissibility around the 20th of November so still a few weeks.
I would like to be a lawyer but uncertain about the field yet and you?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Hi! I haven't heard anything either. As I applied last year too and got rejected (u can see my comments pop up quite a few times in the last year's thread), I am fairly sure that we should be getting the admissibility email on preferably 18th nov or sometime around that. I applied to the Communication and media course so uhm generally interested in the field of internal communications and related stuff.....

Anyways hoping for the best results and this time, i guess i don't want to see that "Thanks for applying bt sorry can't accept u" email......
Reply 15
Hi guys! I applied for both a dual degree program with LSE as my first choice and the Master in International Governance and Diplomacy as my second choice. I applied before October 30 and also indicated a desire to apply for both scholarships. Are you guys sure that we would hear back in a few weeks? That sounds pretty quick. The decision timeline said decisions would be released before December 22 if you apply before October 30, so I was expecting to wait at least until December 22.
Hi, for the dual degree you won't hear back before at least February I think. For the master degree alone, we should receive the admissibility email (indicating you fulfill all the criteria) in a few weeks and have the admission decision in December.
Good luck !
Reply 17
Hi, for the dual degree you won't hear back before at least February I think. For the master degree alone, we should receive the admissibility email (indicating you fulfill all the criteria) in a few weeks and have the admission decision in December.
Good luck !

Gotcha, thanks!
Hi, I haven't heard anything yet but on my application it is written that it is complete so that enough for now. I think looking at previous year that we will hear about admissibility around the 20th of November so still a few weeks.
I would like to be a lawyer but uncertain about the field yet and you?

Right, makes sense.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 19
Guys the application dashboard is out of order i think. Is it the same for you guys too?? Or it's just me that it's not working?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending