Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth 2014

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any tips for OT interview?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hello everyone!! :smile: I have accepted my unconditional offer to study Archaeology and Anthropology at Bournemouth! Overall, I think they have made the entire application progress so easy and they have been extremely helpful in answering questions. Far more than the other universities I applied to. Is anyone else doing a similar course? I am starting to fear I will be on my own in the classrooms! Also, I am so excited to apply for accommodation! Where are others thinking of applying to? Hope you all have a great day! :smile:
Anyone know what the Bournemouth Group interview involves please :smile:
Original post by natalienouri
Hi! I'll be going to Bournemouth next year to study Marketing Communications. I'm actually from the US, so it will be a big move but I'm very excited!
I went to an open day in the summer and absolutely loved it. I can't wait until next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My insurance choice is marketing communications at bournemouth. The course looks cool! What do you think it will be like? (:
Original post by hannananwar123
Hey I've applied to Bournemouth and have an offer to study Advertising and Marketing in 2014. I wanted to know who else is on this course or similar? Cheers :smile:

Congrats! I've insured bournemouth for marketing communications so might see you there :biggrin: Have you firmed? :P
Original post by Smileyjenxx
Hi i'm applying for Occupational Therapy, i'm awaiting to hear back ... they recieved my UCAS just before christmas :biggrin: Bournemouth is a fab place.. actually saw the new year in there! X

I was originally going to apply for OT. It seems like a lovely career to go into as you're helping people :redface: But i didn't have work experience so didn't apply in the end :frown: Applied for something completely different :P Good luck! It's such a rewarding career path :3
Original post by natalienouri
Hi! I'll be going to Bournemouth next year to study Marketing Communications. I'm actually from the US, so it will be a big move but I'm very excited!
I went to an open day in the summer and absolutely loved it. I can't wait until next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool! What made you want to study in England?
Anyone else for Sports Management? Got an unconditional back in January, gonna be 20 when I start uni!
Original post by sophie_c94
Anyone else for Sports Management? Got an unconditional back in January, gonna be 20 when I start uni!

i'm doing sports psychology which is similar :P

i'm going to be 20 on my 2nd day of lectures lol
Original post by Wizkidani
I was originally going to apply for OT. It seems like a lovely career to go into as you're helping people :redface: But i didn't have work experience so didn't apply in the end :frown: Applied for something completely different :P Good luck! It's such a rewarding career path :3

Aww thank you. What did you end up applying for? ....
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
i'm doing sports psychology which is similar :P

i'm going to be 20 on my 2nd day of lectures lol

It's mad that most people I know will be starting their final year and I will be just starting my first haha
Original post by sophie_c94
It's mad that most people I know will be starting their final year and I will be just starting my first haha

Ha ha, why are you starting later? just curiosity
I'll be 21 when I start this September so don't worry I've got a year on you :wink: Wasn't sure enough of what I wanted to do until the last few months.
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
Ha ha, why are you starting later? just curiosity

Original post by goosechimp
I'll be 21 when I start this September so don't worry I've got a year on you :wink: Wasn't sure enough of what I wanted to do until the last few months.

Haha! Us oldies, yeah a bit like goosechimp really, when I left college I had no idea what I wanted to do, so just been working for the last year and a half, but then I found the Sports Management course and thought it sounded perfect for what I want to go into so that was that really!
Aww thank you. What did you end up applying for? ....
Marketing communications :/
I'm going to be 20 when I start uni :P
Ah I wish I was 20 starting uni! Going to turn 22 two months into my first year :frown:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any tips for OT interview?

Hey! I've just seen this now but have you already had the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have been to the open day, the lecturer was lovely. I also go to Bournemouth alot as my partner lives there and my best friend. I love it in the summer. :biggrin:

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the uni interview as I had real difficulty getting to Bournemouth on time :-( so they withdrew my application altogether.. Looks like I might apply there for a MSc maybe one day?

All the best for your University course and everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sunshineeee
Ah, yeah I'm going to be in the media school and have also heard that it's the uni's best department! I didn't see the health buildings so I can't comment on anything to do with your subject, sorry!

But the main campus just seemed so nice. It's really modern and all of the students seemed really friendly. There was a table set up by students trying to get others to sign up to things like cycling long distances and climbing Kilimanjaro (I think!) for charity which I thought sounded amazing. There was also a huge canteen place serving lots of different types of food and the place just seemed really nice.

The lecturers for my subject seemed really passionate about the subject too. I also really liked the idea of how all students get the opportunity to do a placement year meaning that all students that choose to do this will be graduating with work experience in their chosen field as well as a degree.

The town is lovely too. I come from a big city and originally wanted to go to another big city for university (definitely not a small town person!), but I just loved Bournemouth. It's a seaside town but isn't overly touristy like some places are. Everything that you need will also be within walking distance too, and if you need to go further, there's a train and coach station right near the accommodation! A free bus pass is also included in the accommodation (I think).

I went on a really hot day and looking at the beach, you would honestly think you were in somewhere like Spain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your reply! Probably the best and most detailed reply that I've ever had - i really appreciate it :biggrin:

I'm gutted to have to tell you this but I didn't get a chance to go to the Bournemouth interview because I had real trouble getting there on time :frown: they withdrew my application all together. Maybe I'll get to do a Master's degree there or something one day!

Good luck on your Media degree and thanks again for the reply :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending