The Student Room Group
Generally 70%+ is a 1st, 60%+ is a 2:1, 50%+ is a 2:2 etc.
1st
Holy hell, you require a 1st to transfer after first year?
i think its 70% for a first and 60% for a 2:1
Reply 6
Vanessa44
I have not yet started university, but will be starting a biology degree in a few weeks. I need 70% in my first year, as I am thinking of transfering to another course after my first year. Is this an equivelent of a first class or 2:1?

A transfer will depends on the uni you want to transfer from and to, and obviously the course. Forget it if you're doing Politics or Economics or something equally oversubscribed, or if your plan was to transfer from Thames Valley to Bristol.
Reply 7
Anatheme
A transfer will depends on the uni you want to transfer from and to, and obviously the course. Forget it if you're doing Politics or Economics or something equally oversubscribed, or if your plan was to transfer from Thames Valley to Bristol.

I am wanting to transfer from Biology degree to Biomedical sciences at the same uni.
Reply 8
Vanessa44
I am wanting to transfer from Biology degree to Biomedical sciences at the same uni.

Best of luck, then! :wink:
Reply 9
Vanessa44
I have not yet started university, but will be starting a biology degree in a few weeks. I need 70% in my first year, as I am thinking of transfering to another course after my first year. Is this an equivelent of a first class or 2:1?

It depends on the university marking scheme. Generally 70% and above is a first, but at others it can be a 2.1.

This post could solve 90 percent of TSR threads
Reply 11
what the percentage for 2:2...Some one told me 55+%
Original post by javed078

Generally:
First 70+
Upper Second 60–69
Lower Second 50–59
Third 45–49
Ordinary Pass 40–44
Reply 13
"How much percent"...lol.
Reply 14
Original post by javed078

[video="youtube;l053Pj-Y2O0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l053Pj-Y2O0[/video]
Original post by Mackay
"How much percent"...lol.

Are you trying to mock the grammar? Because if so, just saying, "how much percent" is a perfectly correct question. How much percent = how much out of 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
First-Class Honours (First or 1st) (70% and above) (OPEN UNIVERSITY 85%+)
Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1, 2.i) (60-70%) (OPEN UNIVERSITY 70-85%)
Lower Second-Class Honours (2:2, 2.ii) (50-60%) (OPEN UNIVERSITY 55-70%)
Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd) (40-50%) (OPEN UNIVERSITY 40-55%)
Ordinary degree (pass) (OPEN UNIVERSITY AWARDED AT 300 CATS POINTS)
Fail (no degree is awarded)
Unclassified (some degrees aren't classified eg medicine or masters degree)
Reply 17
Unless, of course, you attend St Andrews with its wonderful system of grading that is opaque, to say the least; none of that percentage nonsense, see link to their 20 point scale marking scheme, once you can pass an exam on the system,fully understanding how it works and all its nuances, they may give you a free degree just for your endeavours comprehending.:smile:

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/registry/students/transcripts/Modular%20Grade%20and%20Mark%20Translation.pdf
Original post by Vanessa44

This will depend on the university and course - you should look in the course handbook or university regulations for your course.

The criteria for what counts and flexibility around grade boundaries varies significantly between universities.

Latest

Trending

Trending