The Student Room Group

2 weeks to learn and revise course for final uni exams - is it possible?!

Basically, I'm in my final year at uni and I have 4 exams to revise for, starting on 6th May. The thing is, because I was super lazy and had a few personal issues (which unfortunately don't count as extenuating circumstances), I ended up skipping the vast majority of my lectures this year, therefore meaning that all the stuff I'm revising is new content.

The good thing is that I'm currently sitting on a mid 2.1., and I've worked out that so long as I get at least 53 as an average across these exams I will graduate with a 2.1 (providing I get better than 50 in my dissertation, which I'm uncertain of atm as I wrote it in a week and think it's pretty naff quality).

Do you think I'll be able to achieve this given the time left? I'm starting to fret majorly that I'm going to muck up the rest of my life because of my own laziness, which I'm really disappointed about. Any advice/help would be much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
I'm not in university yet, but I don't think even a bright person could learn half a GCSE course from now til May.

Sorry mate, I don't wanna cast any negativity on your situation, but May is very close now.

Would resitting a year not be a viable option?
Reply 3
get off of tsr and start revising! every second you spend asking if it is possible is making it less possible!
I go to a Russell group uni and I revised for my nutrition/metabolism exam in a day and got a very high A. Although the exam was easier that year and I did attend the lectures so I knew most of it already.
Original post by Morcheeba
Basically, I'm in my final year at uni and I have 4 exams to revise for, starting on 6th May. The thing is, because I was super lazy and had a few personal issues (which unfortunately don't count as extenuating circumstances), I ended up skipping the vast majority of my lectures this year, therefore meaning that all the stuff I'm revising is new content.

The good thing is that I'm currently sitting on a mid 2.1., and I've worked out that so long as I get at least 53 as an average across these exams I will graduate with a 2.1 (providing I get better than 50 in my dissertation, which I'm uncertain of atm as I wrote it in a week and think it's pretty naff quality).

Do you think I'll be able to achieve this given the time left? I'm starting to fret majorly that I'm going to muck up the rest of my life because of my own laziness, which I'm really disappointed about. Any advice/help would be much appreciated! :smile:

At this point your only option is to start revising and make it possible.
Reply 6
Original post by Dr. Robert
I'm not in university yet, but I don't think even a bright person could learn half a GCSE course from now til May.

Sorry mate, I don't wanna cast any negativity on your situation, but May is very close now.

Would resitting a year not be a viable option?

Nah, if i re-sit in final year my exams get capped at 40%
Probably. If the unit is easy enough.
Original post by AnushkasHero
I go to a Russell group uni and I revised for my nutrition/metabolism exam in a day and got a very high A. Although the exam was easier that year and I did attend the lectures so I knew most of it already.

Not the same :tongue:

?
Reply 8
Nah, if i re-sit in final year my exams get capped at 40%

Then you've answered your own question -- the only thing to do now is hope for the best and put in every waking minute.

I'd seriously wake up at 8. Work from 9 til 12. Have lunch. Resume at 1. Work til 5. Try and cram as much else in the evenings as you possibly can.

I would literally throw 12 hour days at this to maximize your chances -- no offence, but you've already done enough to minimize your chances.
It's definitely possible if you give it your all from now, you can do it. Know the main areas that you have to focus on too, and be selective if you can and you should be fine. Out of curiosity, what are you studying, and are the exams essay based?
Reply 10
Original post by Nuttyneuron
It's definitely possible if you give it your all from now, you can do it. Know the main areas that you have to focus on too, and be selective if you can and you should be fine. Out of curiosity, what are you studying, and are the exams essay based?

OK, cheers. I'm studying geography. One of the exams is mainly short answers as its to do with physical processes, but the other 3 are all essay based
Mate, what's wrong with you? A very high A means I got around 85%. Usually an A is >70%.

how did you do?!!! same position now lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending