The Student Room Group

Is it possible to change tiers for GCSE (Geography)? (F) to (H)

The exams are 13th of May, 22nd of May.

If I ask my teacher and show her all my revision, will she consider me to take a sampler higher tier? Or will she say it too late even though I know contents of Higher geography
Reply 1
My teacher is too dopey to put me on higher although I've been getting A*s in mocks and assessments..he said you can change it on the day though like put your hand up and say you're supposed to have the higher paper then they just give it you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by staticas
My teacher is too dopey to put me on higher although I've been getting A*s in mocks and assessments..he said you can change it on the day though like put your hand up and say you're supposed to have the higher paper then they just give it you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you allowed to do that? And is it really the teachers decision because it the students exams he/she's taking
Reply 3
Yes they have lots of spare papers because teachers accidentally enter kids for the wrong papers all the time, that's why they always ask if everybody has the papers they're meant to have - I reckon you could even change exam boards if other people were taking another if you wanted, but obviously teachers can't reveal that because people that think they're smarter than they are would be changing papers. But I'm planning to change for both geography papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JAIYEKO
The exams are 13th of May, 22nd of May.

If I ask my teacher and show her all my revision, will she consider me to take a sampler higher tier? Or will she say it too late even though I know contents of Higher geography

Dude, what the hell? Are you a GCSE student? I thought you were doing A-Levels? I'M SO CONFUSED.
Reply 5
Original post by staticas
Yes they have lots of spare papers because teachers accidentally enter kids for the wrong papers all the time, that's why they always ask if everybody has the papers they're meant to have - I reckon you could even change exam boards if other people were taking another if you wanted, but obviously teachers can't reveal that because people that think they're smarter than they are would be changing papers. But I'm planning to change for both geography papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do edexcel or aqa?
Original post by suzylemonade
Dude, what the hell? Are you a GCSE student? I thought you were doing A-Levels? I'M SO CONFUSED.

Guy is clearly a GCSE student, just look at his threads.

Pro stalking skills

Srs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Yeah I'm a GCSE student.
Original post by majmuh24
Guy is clearly a GCSE student, just look at his threads.

Pro stalking skills

Srs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but I was talking to him on another thread and he said he had offers from universities for Engineering? So now I'm just confused.. :s-smilie:
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah I'm a GCSE student.

Ah, so were you fibbing on that other thread?
Reply 10
Yeah, but I was talking to him on another thread and he said he had offers from universities for Engineering? So now I'm just confused.. :s-smilie:

I'm not going to uni this year? I'm speaking for future reference
Reply 11
​could anyone contribute to my question pls
Original post by JAIYEKO
I'm not going to uni this year? I'm speaking for future reference

Okay.. Just to clarify, this was you right?

Original post by JAIYEKO
Well I applied for maths at Oxford as a choice filler as I got (AS) A in maths and further maths but in doing Petroleum Engineering at Manchester, and you? Congrats by the way. Plus I'm predicted A*'s in both for A2
Reply 13
Okay.. Just to clarify, this was you right?

Yes lemonade
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yes lemonade

Oh, and to answer your original question:
Probably, but I would go and see your exams officer about it. Also, I'm not sure what the legalities of doing what staticas suggested are, so I wouldn't advise doing so.
Reply 15
Another question- is geography a good choice for GCSE, want to become a doctor thanks
Reply 16
Oh, and to answer your original question:
Probably, but I would go and see your exams officer about it. Also, I'm not sure what the legalities of doing what staticas suggested are, so I wouldn't advise doing so.

Should I ask my exam officer or geography head of department?
Reply 17
Original post by Hunayda
Another question- is geography a good choice for GCSE, want to become a doctor thanks

Gcse options don't contribute to university placement?
Original post by JAIYEKO
Should I ask my exam officer or geography head of department?

Geography head of department first, then go to exam officer

Quick Reply

Latest