The Student Room Group

Ways to write faster ?

How can i write faster. I write fast anyways but my exams on monday and my fingers feel funny. Almost stiff and slow :L
Pen type?
And what foods shall i eat before the exam ?
Reply 1
Foods I`d say healthy things, make sure you get enough sleep before.
About writing faster, just practise to be honest. Pen type, something you`re comfortable with that doesnt put pressure on your hand. Also, its not how much you write thats important, its WHAT you write. Theres no point writing a lot if you only get a few marks out of it. Good luck for your exams :smile:
Original post by Dinaa
How can i write faster. I write fast anyways but my exams on monday and my fingers feel funny. Almost stiff and slow :L
Pen type?
And what foods shall i eat before the exam ?

Don't worry yourself about writing faster - the exams typically give you enough time if you write at a decent speed which you say you do. If you write faster you are likely to make more mistakes. I would recommend getting a comfortable pen with a rubber grip, not just a standard biro which could cause you to ache.
Reply 3
Original post by midgemeister7
Don't worry yourself about writing faster - the exams typically give you enough time if you write at a decent speed which you say you do. If you write faster you are likely to make more mistakes. I would recommend getting a comfortable pen with a rubber grip, not just a standard biro which could cause you to ache.

To be honest i think English Exams need to extend the time, before what they give is totally not enough. Ohh and YES! the rubber grip. Thank you ! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mav455
Foods I`d say healthy things, make sure you get enough sleep before.
About writing faster, just practise to be honest. Pen type, something you`re comfortable with that doesnt put pressure on your hand. Also, its not how much you write thats important, its WHAT you write. Theres no point writing a lot if you only get a few marks out of it. Good luck for your exams :smile:

Thank you :smile: So you don't think i should wake up a 5am to revise? Because i do that every day... And my exams start tommoro.. :O
Reply 5
So what about massages ? Will that help? I revised, learnt everything. I'm pretty much confident; I just want the exam to start like now.. because i don't know what to do anymore.. Seriously I've done everything!
Thinking about get a really good hand massage :smile:
Move your hand quicker... Mwhahaha...but on a serious note, practice how you will write and.organize your answer
Take the pain.
Reply 8
Original post by Dinaa
Thank you :smile: So you don't think i should wake up a 5am to revise? Because i do that every day... And my exams start tommoro.. :O
Lol not at 5am, unless you sleep a little earlier, say 7-8 ish because its good to get atleast 6-8 hours of sleep, to ensure your brain isnt tired and worn out lol.
Good luck for your exams!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mav455
Lol not at 5am, unless you sleep a little earlier, say 7-8 ish because its good to get atleast 6-8 hours of sleep, to ensure your brain is tired and worn out lol.

This. Getting up at 5AM will be useless unless you're conditioned to do so (I wake up at this time for a morning walk w/dogs and to have free time before school; it takes time to get used to though).
Reply 10
Original post by Troytheboy
Move your hand quicker... Mwhahaha...but on a serious note, practice how you will write and.organize your answer

Pssht ! - i should kill you (MUhhaha)
Serious Note - I will.

But anyways i hate practising English essays, they are so damn LONG :l

Thanks anyways Babs :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by adamsmithqm
Take the pain.

Oh. Ok :')
Reply 12
Original post by bencs25
This. Getting up at 5AM will be useless unless you're conditioned to do so (I wake up at this time for a morning walk w/dogs and to have free time before school; it takes time to get used to though).

I wake up at 5AM everyday, and i am used to it.
I thought it would be Ok, since i've got one exam tomorrow, in the morning...
Reply 13
Original post by Mav455
Lol not at 5am, unless you sleep a little earlier, say 7-8 ish because its good to get atleast 6-8 hours of sleep, to ensure your brain isnt tired and worn out lol.

Thanks Dude :smile: - Your an Angel.
Reply 14
Original post by Dinaa
I wake up at 5AM everyday, and i am used to it.
I thought it would be Ok, since i've got one exam tomorrow, in the morning...

Stick to routine then - sleeping in may leave you groggy if you're used to 5AM wake up times.

Quick Reply

Latest