The Student Room Group

AQA AS HISTORY EXAM 14th May thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone doing HIS1G Britain 1815-65?
Anyone doing Russia in Revolution or American Civil Rights?
Reply 22
Original post by EliteHoneyBadger
anyone doing HIS1G Britain 1815-65?

Me! Really not prepared for it all, so much to remember and I started revising way too late! :frown:
lol same here!

What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 24
lol same here!

What grade are you aiming for?

I'd love an A but that's highly unlikely now as I've left it too late and there's so much content to learn and stuff so I guess I'm sort of aiming for a C now! The higher the better I guess though, you? :smile:
You could get a B, last year it was only 46/72 to get a B.

So if you got 8 marks on both the 12 mark questions and then 15 marks on the two 24 mark questions, you would get a B
Original post by lucy96x
I'd love an A but that's highly unlikely now as I've left it too late and there's so much content to learn and stuff so I guess I'm sort of aiming for a C now! The higher the better I guess though, you? :smile:

Initially i was aiming for an A, but now i think that i will only be able to achieve a B.

How do you you structure you essays for the 12 mark and 24 mark questions?
Reply 27
Initially i was aiming for an A, but now i think that i will only be able to achieve a B.

For my twelve I put three key points and a conclusion then for twenty four I put three about the given topic then another three reasons then conclusion and introduction to state there is a debate
Is anyone doing Russia and Germany 1871-1914 I am stuck on the Domestic policies under Kaiser Wilhelm and all the Reich Chancellors and stuff?
You should check this breakdown of each totalitarian ideology.....good luck :'D
http://love-of-history.tumblr.com/totalitarianism
Reformation in Europe anyone?
Reply 31
HIS1L anyone? :frown:
I am doing HIS1B tomorrow, pretty nervous.
Reply 33

For the twelve mark I do 3 factors in detail, maybe 4 if I can think of 4. I've never been told to do a conclusion by my teacher, he's always said not to but everyone online seems to do one so I don't know!
For the 24 mark I write about the factor in the question, then use 2, 3 maybe 4 other factors to write about, then conclude and answer the question essentially. If it's an agree or disagree I would agree with the view in the question, disagree, then evaluate/conclude; again answer the question! You? :smile:
12 mark Q:
make 3 detailed points and then do a conclusion

24 markQ
Introduction
Make 3 points for agreeing with the question and 3 points for disagreeing
If you cant think of 3 points then make sure to do 2 points for both sides to make it balanced
Finally conclude
Anyone else doing Britain 1483-1529 tomorrow? I'm feeling fairly confident, but do you guys think revising 2 out of the three topics is a good idea? I was thinking of focusing today and tomorrow on Edward/Richard/Early Henry and Henry VII's reign, but I'd like to hear your ideas first!
Has anyone got the British history unit 1485-1529 tomorrow?
Original post by Charl97
Hi guys
anyone doing his1n about totalitarian states? Or anything on Russia and nazi Germany? If so what you thinking the questions might be?

I have a feeling the leadership contest, cult or intolerance to diversity will come up for Russia. I would not be happy if collectivisation or if industrialisation and FYPs came up!

For Germany, perhaps Hitler's rise to power? Or intolerance to diversity.

I don't think ideology will come up, as last years paper was ideology heavy.

What do you guys think?
Original post by BlukuBluku2013
Anyone else doing Britain 1483-1529 tomorrow? I'm feeling fairly confident, but do you guys think revising 2 out of the three topics is a good idea? I was thinking of focusing today and tomorrow on Edward/Richard/Early Henry and Henry VII's reign, but I'd like to hear your ideas first!

I did this exam last year and I don't think there has ever been more than one question (as in a 12 and a 24) on Henry VIII so I think that should be fine :smile:
I'm doing AQA History Unit 1 - Tsarist Russia 1855-1917

Is anyone else? And if so what are your predictions and advice? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending