The Student Room Group

CCEA C4 Mathematics - 22nd May 2014

Poll

How difficult did you find the exam?

Hi everyone. Please feel free to post any thoughts/queries/notes/worries before and after the exam.

If you feel like it, you can post your solutions so we can all compare answers :smile:

I have attached my unofficial mark scheme.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by GingerCodeMan
Hi everyone. Please feel free to post any thoughts/queries/notes/worries before and after the exam. I will try to create an unofficial mark scheme after the exam is over.

If you feel like it, you can post your solutions so we can all compare answers :smile:

Hey dude are there any questions that you feel may cause you any problems? i have a few that are tricky. I feel that if we all share questions and share different possible types of questions that may come up or cause problems we can all get our mistakes out of the way now and hopefully be very vell prepared for thursday
Is there any easy way to find the domain and range of a function? Or do you just have to put in different values?
Original post by Dmdmdmdmdmdmdm
Is there any easy way to find the domain and range of a function? Or do you just have to put in different values?[/Qsometimes i have trouble with attaining all the marks in this type of question and nearly always loose 1 or 2 marks out of 10 but i found this very useful for explaining all there is to know about functions:
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Index/period-1/Core_Pure/module.php
go the the function section and it should help:smile:
Reply 5
for the vector equation one, did you have to equate the vector they gave you with the vector equation and get two values of lambda the same then substitute the value of lambda=2 back into the vector equation to show it equalled the vector they gave you?

for the substitution one did we get pi7 point something??

what did you get for the last one? (2pi,-4) and i forget the other one..

cheers guys
Reply 6
for the differential equation one, for the time the ice melted did we get 19:27 ?? or 7:27 pm
Original post by Mr Tall
for the vector equation one, did you have to equate the vector they gave you with the vector equation and get two values of lambda the same then substitute the value of lambda=2 back into the vector equation to show it equalled the vector they gave you?

for the substitution one did we get pi7 point something??

cheers guys

Yeah all answers are the same! Though for the last question, I think there was only one point, as it said point in the question, I got the point you got, and a second point, but I'm sure it's wrong :frown: hopefully shouldn't lose too many marks though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by stephen_mcgarry
Yeah all answers are the same! Though for the last question, I think there was only one point, as it said point in the question, I got the point you got, and a second point, but I'm sure it's wrong :frown: hopefully shouldn't lose too many marks though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was "points" im 100% sure it was
Original post by Mr Tall
it was "points" im 100% sure i was

Sorry buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

**** i thought by "coordinates" it meant two
Original post by Mr Tall
**** i thought by "coordinates" it meant two

I know ugh I did that as well! No worries though, only lose one or two for that I'm sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I know ugh I did that as well! No worries though, only lose one or two for that I'm sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

but what if there was 2 points with gradient root2 in that domain? did you just have to pick one?
Reply 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

whatd you do for the last part of the vetor equation one?
Original post by Mr Tall

I and 3 of my friends all got ((5π-2)/2, -2root2) for the last question so I'm hoping we're right.
Anyway, I think I did pretty well in that. Fingers crossed that C4 paper saves my A* after the disastrous C3 paper.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by TheWiseSalmon
I and 3 of my friends all got ((5π-2)/2, -2root2) for the last question so I'm hoping we're right.

i got that for one of the points
Anyway, I think I did pretty well in that. Fingers crossed that C4 paper saves my A* after the disastrous C3 paper.

Hi! I sure that's right for the point, but wasn't t out of the range to get these coordinates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Tall
i got that for one of the points

I actually wrote 10π-4/4 and didn't realise that it could be simplified by dividing by 2. Will I lose a mark for that?
Reply 18

how did you do the last part of the vector question
Reply 19
I actually wrote 10π-4/4 and didn't realise that it could be simplified by dividing by 2. Will I lose a mark for that?

i would doubt it man

as long as it's exact

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending