The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8760
Original post by Scott129
Tell me about it! Even when he is healthy, he still has to play for the Cowboys! :tongue:

Nah, in all seriousness, one of my favourite linebackers in the game.

:unimpressed: :tongue:

He's definitely one of the best MLBs. (When he's healthy) he's pretty similar to Kuechly, albeit with slightly fewer tackles.
So frustrating and unlucky for Lee! Who gets ran over by a rookie in a non-contact OTA and does his ACL!? he's so good but appears to have been given knees made of glass!
Original post by Wattsy
So frustrating and unlucky for Lee! Who gets ran over by a rookie in a non-contact OTA and does his ACL!? he's so good but appears to have been given knees made of glass!

Some guys just are.
Reply 8763
Original post by Wattsy

He hasn't had anything wrong with his knees in 5 years (and that was the other one) :s-smilie:
Original post by alow
He hasn't had anything wrong with his knees in 5 years (and that was the other one) :s-smilie:

Like people saying Gronks knees are made of glass :lol:
Reply 8765
Original post by Malevolent
Like people saying Gronks knees are made of glass :lol:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with Gronk's knees, he was just damn unlucky to get hit at the angle he was.
Original post by alow
Yeah there's nothing wrong with Gronk's knees, he was just damn unlucky to get hit at the angle he was.

Yup pretty much anyone who gets hit there like he was would do some serious damage.

Its a shame for Lee because when Healthy hes right up there with the best.
Reply 8767
Yup pretty much anyone who gets hit there like he was would do some serious damage.

Its a shame for Lee because when Healthy hes right up there with the best.

Yeah, at least he's got big legs though. I wouldn't want to see what RG3's knees would look like after a hit like that.

Definitely, such a shame he hasn't been on the field consistently. Hopefully after this year healing up he can have a run of good health!
Money is on Jamie Collins developing into an absolute stud for the Patriots.
Ash has just reminded me of one of my favourite animes. Did anybody ever watch Eyeshield 21? That was epic, one of the reasons why I decided to try my hand at football tbh.
Original post by alow

Don't know why I thought he had knee history? Still desperately unlucky.I don't think any real fan of the game and any team wants to see players injured because the game is at its best when the best players are all competing, I see sometimes on Twitter and such people almost happy about injuries to rival teams players and I'm quite appalled!
Reply 8771
Original post by Wattsy
Don't know why I thought he had knee history? Still desperately unlucky.I don't think any real fan of the game and any team wants to see players injured because the game is at its best when the best players are all competing, I see sometimes on Twitter and such people almost happy about injuries to rival teams players and I'm quite appalled!

He has had hamstring problems so that could be why?

It's pretty disgraceful when people are happy about players getting hurt, though I can understand why some people would be happy if a few players got injured, mainly because they're horrible people though (namely Ray Rice, etc.). Always seems to be the good guys that get hurt badly however.
Been away for a bit over exam period. Pretty happy with the tampa draft, the defense should be better under Lovie's coaching and now we've got a whole host of offensive weapons. Looking forward to this season already.
Original post by ..DT..
Been away for a bit over exam period. Pretty happy with the tampa draft, the defense should be better under Lovie's coaching and now we've got a whole host of offensive weapons. Looking forward to this season already.

Really like what the Buccs have done.
Arthur Blank (Falcons owner) has let the London Franchise idea rear it's ugly head again. I rather wish it would die, I'll settle for an International Series with some interesting matchups, 1 2 or 3 games I wouldn't care as long as we got some potentially competitive football, we did this year so I'm happy. All the games have the potential to be close-ish. I don't think that support would be a problem for a London franchise but the practicality of one is just something I can't believe in.
Honestly hope the idea of a franchise in London never comes to fruition...
Honestly hope the idea of a franchise in London never comes to fruition...

I don't even see a viable expansion outside of America. I feel like the International Series should do Germany for one game because of their NFL Europe support but I'm not sure they have a stadium with the potential profit of Wembley but apart from that I think that 3 international series games is the maximum it should go to and a franchise whilst sounds really cool at first, should be left in Madden and never find reality.

In other news, Madden never ceases to spite me. I held A Rod and his Packers to 46 passing yards midway through the 3rd with my Jags so I tell myself that this is horribly unrealistic and quit the game whilst winning 9-0, sim it and lose; realistic I suppose. I then happily move on to next week and Ace Sanders is returning my kicks, I'm like what the hell. I check my injury report and Dez Bryant my $123M over 7 years guy has fractured his hip and is out for the season!!! Who the fudge is my rookie going to throw to now!?
(edited 9 years ago)
Why is it called footall when Americans use their hands?!
Original post by Vanny17
Why is it called footall when Americans use their hands?!

It's also played with the feet; there are kicking aspects too but otherwise blame the Yanks.
Original post by Wattsy
It's also played with the feet; there are kicking aspects too but otherwise blame the Yanks.

Ok, thanks. At blame the Yanks: :rofl:

Latest