The Student Room Group

Thoughts on A2 Business Unit 3 AQA exam?

Just finished the exam, wanted to know what everyone thought about it?
Reply 1
It was horrible personally, I didn't finish 18 marker, HR I put an against point and a conclusion my for point was tiny :frown:
Reply 2
And I had one word left to write in my hr conclusion but she took my answer book off me so it now doesn't make sense
Reply 3
Did about 1 paragraph for.q 3 because I came back to it and ran out of time,. Didnt think it was a hard paper I was just too slow
Reply 4
I thought it was harsh! Kissed my A* out the window! B or an A for me!

Used industry figures instead of calculating payable and receivables!

Got tricked with ARR with year 0 being the project cost!
I also used the industry average figured rather then the actual payable N receivable from the balance sheet, what do u think will result in for us? I did manage to go back and add the figured to make it look like i was right

I also got tricked with ARR, did u get 20% or 35%? I used cumulative figures rather then the net
Reply 6
I put 35% for ARR and now I'm wishing I hadn't looked on this thread hahaha. Whst was the issue with it?? Yeah I realised with about a minute to go that I hadn't worked out the 2013 figures for payables receivables but instead had compared the 2012 ones to the industry averages. Hoping for decent marks for knowledge but obv will lose a lot of marks for it :frown:
Reply 7
I got 35% for Average rate of return. It's the right answer. It stated that the business wanted at least 25%.
Reply 8
Original post by annieshee
Did about 1 paragraph for.q 3 because I came back to it and ran out of time,. Didnt think it was a hard paper I was just too slow

Same, I really wish they gave us more time, or made it a 2 hour exam. I think I just spent way too much time on my first and second question that I ended up rushing my last two, meaning that I definitely lost key marks in the 34 marker, but thankfully made a few clear and developed points.
Reply 9
Original post by buzfail
I put 35% for ARR and now I'm wishing I hadn't looked on this thread hahaha. Whst was the issue with it?? Yeah I realised with about a minute to go that I hadn't worked out the 2013 figures for payables receivables but instead had compared the 2012 ones to the industry averages. Hoping for decent marks for knowledge but obv will lose a lot of marks for it :frown:

Yeah, I got 35% as ARR too. I used the ARR for my last question (34 mark- Also showed all of my working out for it), stating how it was over the 25% expected by the directors, meaning that the proposal could initially go through, as the directors said they would only accept if the ARR they received was 25%.

I also compared Klick's payables and receivables to the industry average, but stated that there are also many other bigger issues that need to be considered by the finance director- Linking it back to HR (Apparently you can score higher marks if you link different sections together if they are relevant), and I developed by saying how the labour turnover had doubled to 20% in 2013, which shows that employees clearly were not happy (Puts production and levels of productivity at risk)- Which has a major impact on the business. So although payables and receivables are key points to take into consideration, the finance director should also focus on the HR and other aspects of the business, which in the long term could negatively impact Klick.

Fingers crossed.
Reply 10
Original post by King-soulja
I also used the industry average figured rather then the actual payable N receivable from the balance sheet, what do u think will result in for us? I did manage to go back and add the figured to make it look like i was right

I also got tricked with ARR, did u get 20% or 35%? I used cumulative figures rather then the net

35% is the correct Average Rate of Return.

Quick Reply

Latest