The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stuartdavid95
I got an offer for AAB for Biology with a year in industry (A in Biology, A in Geography and B in Chemistry) but I really don't think I've got a B in Chemistry. My coursework grade was really bad and I don't think I did enough to pull it up to a B. I'm hoping I got a C maybe, do you think they'd let me in with AAC? Anyone know of anyone where this has happened?

Also if you do drop a grade, is it then more of a matter of how close you were, say a few marks? Do they take that into consideration?

Fingers crossed but I'm going to prepare for clearing just in case...

I do know a few people who have dropped a grade and still just offered the place, I wouldn't worry too much :biggrin: My offer for biomed is ABB so I can't see why they wouldn't allow AAC :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by lauren1x12
I do know a few people who have dropped a grade and still just offered the place, I wouldn't worry too much :biggrin: My offer for biomed is ABB so I can't see why they wouldn't allow AAC :smile:

Ah thank you! :-) that has made me feel a bit better. I'm just hoping they're a bit lenient! :biggrin:
Original post by stuartdavid95
Ah thank you! :-) that has made me feel a bit better. I'm just hoping they're a bit lenient! :biggrin:

They should be as long as your biology grade is good :smile: Is manchester your firm? :smile:
Anyone know people who have secured places on the law course via adjustment before?
Hey guys, question for the international students, when are we expected to receive the CAS number needed to get our Visas? Been a month and no news yet.
Original post by wolverino
Hey guys, question for the international students, when are we expected to receive the CAS number needed to get our Visas? Been a month and no news yet.

I got it yesterday. You could try sending them an email or calling them up asking for it?
Original post by ayesha2112
I got it yesterday. You could try sending them an email or calling them up asking for it?

Ah okay. Better late than never :smile: Yep I did, no news thus far, been a.. week already, heh.
Original post by wolverino
Ah okay. Better late than never :smile: Yep I did, no news thus far, been a.. week already, heh.

Aw man! I'm sure you'll get it soon enough :smile: But just to be on the safe side I suggest calling them up once again and get it all done with sooner rather than later
Firmed my place for Architecture at Manchester. Anyone else? :smile:
BA in Architecture K100 :biggrin:
Earth Sciences (F640). Mature student (21).
Manchester is my firm, and provided I meet my conditions I plan to move into private accommodation this summer. I need to find someone else I can share with - I plan on sharing with no more than 1 or 2 other people to keep things quiet, and female only. Is anyone else in the same situation I'm in?
hi im am thinking of taking this course, could you please tell me your subjects, grades and motivation for this course? :smile:
Original post by joeysykes
hi im am thinking of taking this course, could you please tell me your subjects, grades and motivation for this course? :smile:

Name of course? :smile:
Man is my insurance AAB for English Literature and French
To any current medicine students at Manchester- do you know of anyone who missed their offer but got let in anyway? Not being pessimistic just curious in case results day goes pear shaped :colondollar:
Reply 1596
Original post by GioLola
Hello everyone I firmed Manchester as my offer and I'm hoping to study anthropology, is anybody else here going to go to Manchester in 2014 (hopefully)? if so what course are you doing, I'm curious and hey we might even meet in freshers week! I am planning to stay in fallow fields because that's where it's at!

Hi there, I am studying Politics and International relations and of course going to manchester in September 2014! Am slightly older as will have just turned 24 when the course starts, but looking forward to freshers!
Does anyone know how much Manchester looks into GCSE grades? I'm required a B for maths and I've retook it this year, but doubt ill get a B (which is required for my course- International Management) thanks.
Original post by lilycheungg
Does anyone know how much Manchester looks into GCSE grades? I'm required a B for maths and I've retook it this year, but doubt ill get a B (which is required for my course- International Management) thanks.

I'm afraid that you almost certainly will need that B :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone think that the entry requirements for 2014 will go down? Liverpool have reduced there's to BBB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending