The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Deferred Entrance/ Zoology at Reading

I have been offered a conditional place at Reading to study zoology this year, but would now like to defer and take a gap year to get some work experience. Should I request this now or wait and see if I get the required grades first? If I get the grades is it likely that they will allow me to defer or will I have to re-apply in 2015?
Original post by LizzieA
I have been offered a conditional place at Reading to study zoology this year, but would now like to defer and take a gap year to get some work experience. Should I request this now or wait and see if I get the required grades first? If I get the grades is it likely that they will allow me to defer or will I have to re-apply in 2015?

**Please note, this account is also being used by current Student Ambassadors at The University of Reading**

Hiya!
We've asked the admissions team and they said that you can defer either before or after getting your grades. You won't need to reapply in 2015 if you get your required grades and then defer. They suggested that it may be easier to defer now before getting your grades to give the admissions team as much time as possible to process your request, but it's up to you! You can contact admissions at [email protected] if you have any specific questions! I hope that helps :smile:
Anja
English Literature and International Relations
(edited 9 years ago)
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you Anja - that's really helpful :smile:
Original post by LizzieA
Thank you Anja - that's really helpful :smile:

You're very welcome! Good luck :smile: