The Student Room Group

Clubbing advice...?

Okay, so I'm turning 18 soon and I want to go clubbing but I'm so worried and nervous. I need some advice:

Should I drink before going? I know that drinks can be a lot more expensive inside clubs, but I'm worried about having a red face and looking drunk and ugly even before I get inside the club, I actually want to look decent, especially since it will be my birthday. Which brings up the entire worry about having a reddened face, can anyone suggest any procedures to prevent face reddening from being so noticeable? What if I have an allergic reaction on my skin? My skin gets itchy with red inflamed patches sometimes when I sweat too much, especially when wearing makeup, how can I prevent this? What about anti-hestamine? Any aspiring doctors of pharmacists here? But what if I get too tired, or sick if the medicines mix in with the alcohol or any other substances I consume? How can I prevent myself from looking too tired? Also, how do I respond to advances if there are any? I can get really drunk for the social aspect but I don't want my face to go all red. I don't think I can respond accordingly if I'm not drunk enough though. I'll just shy away from the drunk people and I don't want to do that, because I would likely feel intimidated by them if I wasn't also drunk. Another question relating to the face, how can I prevent my makeup from darkening? I hate it when it happens, in fact I'm lethally paranoid about it. In fact, how can I prevent my face from getting excessively oily? What do you suggest for me to keep my hairstyle on hold while I dance? I don't want loose strands of hair everywhere over my face. Simply put, I want to look as good as possible while being drunk and to look sober while acting drunk. How can I remain confident? What recreational drugs won't make me feel **** about myself? I've tried smoking drugs that can get me high but I always end up worrying whether my face has reddened from getting high or whether my hair is all over the place. How can I keep cool even though the danve floor is going to be really hot? In fact, I don't think I'm particularly good at dancing if at all, how can I look decent? Again, I think I'll dance better with less unnatural restraint if I got really drunk but I don't want to lool too drunk with a reddened and puffed up face covered in sweat and oil. But if I don't get really drunk I would dance awkwardly because I'd be self-conscious about over-heating and spoiling my hair and makeup by dancing too energertically, so any tips for getting for this problem? Also, how do I keep myself sexy if I really get approached by a guy without seeming needy? What if he comes up close to my face after a whole night of dancing and it has reddened and darkened and puffed up from dancing and overheating and getting drunk? How can I act hysteric and filled with ecstasy WITHOUT overheating my body? Also, how can I check and fix my makeup and hair without looking in the toilet mirrors? I'm scared of getting a reddened and inflamed face from all the dancing, and if that happens and I look in the mirror it would completely strip me of my confidece and I think I wouldn't be able to dance with anyone.

Any advice to this poor worried soul would be much appreciated!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
wow, don't think i've ever met such a paranoid person in my life.

Simple solution to all your problems. DO NOT CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK.

Just be yourself, have fun and don't worry.

If your 'friends' don't like this they can **** off. They are not your true friends.

Not everyone in the club will be focused on you.

The whole point of clubbing is to have fun. Just remember this and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by thefailure
Okay, so I'm turning 18 soon and I want to go clubbing but I'm so worried and nervous. I need some advice:

Should I drink before going? I know that drinks can be a lot more expensive inside clubs, but I'm worried about having a red face and looking drunk and ugly even before I get inside the club, I actually want to look decent, especially since it will be my birthday. Which brings up the entire worry about having a reddened face, can anyone suggest any procedures to prevent face reddening from being so noticeable? What if I have an allergic reaction on my skin? My skin gets itchy with red inflamed patches sometimes when I sweat too much, especially when wearing makeup, how can I prevent this? What about anti-hestamine? Any aspiring doctors of pharmacists here? But what if I get too tired, or sick if the medicines mix in with the alcohol or any other substances I consume? How can I prevent myself from looking too tired? Also, how do I respond to advances if there are any? I can get really drunk for the social aspect but I don't want my face to go all red. I don't think I can respond accordingly if I'm not drunk enough though. I'll just shy away from the drunk people and I don't want to do that, because I would likely feel intimidated by them if I wasn't also drunk. Another question relating to the face, how can I prevent my makeup from darkening? I hate it when it happens, in fact I'm lethally paranoid about it. In fact, how can I prevent my face from getting excessively oily? What do you suggest for me to keep my hairstyle on hold while I dance? I don't want loose strands of hair everywhere over my face. Simply put, I want to look as good as possible while being drunk and to look sober while acting drunk. How can I remain confident? What recreational drugs won't make me feel **** about myself? I've tried smoking drugs that can get me high but I always end up worrying whether my face has reddened from getting high or whether my hair is all over the place. How can I keep cool even though the danve floor is going to be really hot? In fact, I don't think I'm particularly good at dancing if at all, how can I look decent? Again, I think I'll dance better with less unnatural restraint if I got really drunk but I don't want to lool too drunk with a reddened and puffed up face covered in sweat and oil. But if I don't get really drunk I would dance awkwardly because I'd be self-conscious about over-heating and spoiling my hair and makeup by dancing too energertically, so any tips for getting for this problem? Also, how do I keep myself sexy if I really get approached by a guy without seeming needy? What if he comes up close to my face after a whole night of dancing and it has reddened and darkened and puffed up from dancing and overheating and getting drunk? How can I act hysteric and filled with ecstasy WITHOUT overheating my body? Also, how can I check and fix my makeup and hair without looking in the toilet mirrors? I'm scared of getting a reddened and inflamed face from all the dancing, and if that happens and I look in the mirror it would completely strip me of my confidece and I think I wouldn't be able to dance with anyone.

Are you an asian decadent?
Just get drunk before (but not so drunk you can't get in!!) & have fun. That's all there is to it tbh.
Honestly if people don't like you for who you are, that is their problem not yours. Be yourself and you should find the right people will naturally find you.

Don't hook up in a club unless you want using. Guys don't generally go to clubs looking for a relationship. I am speaking from the experience of my own behaviour and mentality here, and that of almost every lad I have ever known. The reason I said almost every lad, is down to the fact that our behaviour generally changes when we have a girlfriend. At that point we just go out to get pissed and have the best laugh possible.

Build your resistance to alcohol up before your birthday, it will help you to enjoy the night more, as you won't get as drunk.

Last but not least, it's your birthday, so enjoy yourself...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Wilsoncw1997

What's an 'Asian decadent'?
Dont get your hopes up , the night is what you make it . Lots of people go clubbing only to stand in a corner with their friends , whilst texting on the dancefloor , then they complain its boring.
L
O
L
Reply 8
Original post by blueskyblue
Dont get your hopes up , the night is what you make it . Lots of people go clubbing only to stand in a corner with their friends , whilst texting on the dancefloor , then they complain its boring.

I want to stand in a corner with my friends but I think they like dancing indefinitely.

Over thinking it way too much
Original post by blueskyblue

I hate it when people do this, my flatmates in first year of university did this, every single time they went clubbing they would just stand around with drinks watching everyone else dancing and having fun the entire night so I stopped going with them and going with other people instead.
I want to stand in a corner with my friends but I think they like dancing indefinitely.

DO NOT be the guy standing in the corner , if you are you might aswell forget it all together . You kill the vibe for everyone else and you look ridiculous , you want to be right in the middle of the chaos enjoying it all , put yourself out there , this is an excuse to be as ridiculous as you want.

Original post by Ruffiio
I hate it when people do this, my flatmates in first year of university did this, every single time they went clubbing they would just stand around with drinks watching everyone else dancing and having fun the entire night so I stopped going with them and going with other people instead.

These type of people are terrible to go clubbing with , seriously . It always ends up being a mission to try and bring them out there shell , but they refuse and dampen the mood for everyone
Reply 12
Original post by Ruffiio

Oh I am the opposite of you, I wish I could hang out with people like that in a club, I'd have more fun and would have much less to be worried about.
Lol, just get drunk and have a good time
Asian flush? :smile: I know how it feels! Just ignore it and roll with it.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997

What a truly sumptious comment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending