The Student Room Group

World Cup 2014 Final: Germany vs Argentina

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SarcasticMel
I just read Argentina aren't even good enough to be a PL side.

Yea, doesn't sound like a team worthy of winning the cup.

You need to read again then. They were just poor infront of goal. If they weren't worthy of winning the cup, they would have not got to the final in the first place and took a brilliant Germany to extra time and conceded only 1 goal.

Both teams deserved it, Germany just deserved it more. Were you expecting a comfortable win for Germany?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
You need to read again then. They were just poor infront of goal. If they weren't worthy of winning the cup, they would have not got to the final in the first place and took a brilliant Germany to extra time and conceded only 1 goal.

Both teams deserved it, Germany just deserved it more. Were you expecting a comfortable win for Germany?

No.

I just don't understand how people could possibly think Argentina deserved it. They didn't play attacking football - if you look at all games most often those that dared, won. The amazing chances they had, they squandered.

And they were *******s in second half of extra time, should have had two players sent off.
Original post by SarcasticMel
No.

I just don't understand how people could possibly think Argentina deserved it. They didn't play attacking football - if you look at all games most often those that dared, won. The amazing chances they had, they squandered.

And they were *******s in second half of extra time, should have had two players sent off.

I didn't realise that to be worthy winners you have to play attacking football even though attacking football is not the only way of playing football... You play to your strengths and what wins you games, otherwise what is the ****ing point when you will just get thrashed like Brazil for playing attacking football against one of the last sides you play attacking football against...

Like I said, they got to the final and took Germany all the way to the end of extra time and conceded 1 goal, football is a tactical battle, it's not about who can play the best attacking football and the fact that Argentina were close to winning the game shows they were worthy of being a cup winner. Germany should have had players sent off too, referee was terrible for both sides.
Technically football is all about attacking play seeing as you need to score goals to win. Before formations where really used teams used to play with only a couple back and every other player just used to roam forward.

Football is all about entertainment! What's the point on going to games every week, watching games almost everyday and spend money on then for years and years if you don't enjoy what you are seeing?
Quality exciting play is more important to me than scraping a tournament win. If just the act of winning is enough there's no need to watch the games...bragging rights shouldn't be number 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
I didn't realise that to be worthy winners you have to play attacking football even though attacking football is not the only way of playing football... You play to your strengths and what wins you games, otherwise what is the ****ing point when you will just get thrashed like Brazil for playing attacking football against one of the last sides you play attacking football against...

Like I said, they got to the final and took Germany all the way to the end of extra time and conceded 1 goal, football is a tactical battle, it's not about who can play the best attacking football and the fact that Argentina were close to winning the game shows they were worthy of being a cup winner. Germany should have had players sent off too, referee was terrible for both sides.

Well then it's quite easy. They played **** football and didn't deserve to win. And they didn't. Easy.

And lol, players as in plural name me even one (inb4 Neuer, he got to the ball first you could argue as the ref did that Higuain ran into him).

Quick Reply

Latest