The Student Room Group

Soon-To-Be Year 10s: What GCSEs are you going to be doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dinglebells
Maths
Additional Maths
English Lit
English Lang
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Religious Studies
German
Economics
Latin
Geography

Quite a lot of people do Latin. I'm surprised; we can't do Latin at my school. I do French and Spanish at my school. Some do German.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by adityac3688
Heya!

Yep i'm pretty sure everyone is doing English and Maths, We don't know whether we're doing Triple or Double Science :frown: Although I really want to do Triple Science but apart from that i'm doing:

Maths
English Lit
English Lang
French
Economics
History
Media Studies
Core PE
Triple/Double Science

:smile:

A lot of people are doing Economics! :smile: I'm not. Isn't Economics a mixture of Business and Maths (I'm doing these two subjects), though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Maths
English Lang+Lit
Triple Science
RS
Additional Maths in year 11
Economics
Computing
French
History

Yeah :yep:
I think I'll enjoy them all, apart from English and RS (which happen to be compulsory).
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a nice selection. Are you focussing on the technological, maths-y kind of side then? :smile: (As opposed to Drama, Music, PE, etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by meemily
Maths
Further maths
English lit & lang
Triple science
Drama
Music
French
History

And I think we're doing the ITQ as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good range. You've got the Maths and Further Maths as well as the creative subjects. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophie !
Hi! :smile:

Just out of interest, what GCSEs have you chosen? I assume you will all be doing English and Maths. Are you all doing Triple Science too?

Personally, I'm doing: Maths, Statistics, English, Triple Science, French, Spanish, Food, Geography, Religion and some more.

I've completed the ITQ - my class was the first in the whole country to do this ITQ. It's equivalent to an ICT GCSE. I got an A, which I'm fairly happy with! Obviously I would have preferred an A*, but an A is great too.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your replies. :hello:

Posted from TSR Mobile

English, English lit,maths,additional maths,religion,double science,llw,French,geography and history
Heyy

With my compulsory subjects, i'm doing:
Triple Science
History
RE- May or may not be compulsory for our school
Computer Science
And Spanish

Wish me luck please!
Reply 26
Original post by gemmmaa_x
English, English lit,maths,additional maths,religion,double science,llw,French,geography and history

What two sciences are you doing? I'm doing triple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Fatimah21
Heyy

With my compulsory subjects, i'm doing:
Triple Science
History
RE- May or may not be compulsory for our school
Computer Science
And Spanish

Wish me luck please!

Good luck with them, I'm sure you'll do just fine! :smile: Religion is compulsory for my school, but I don't think it's such a bad subject... Computer Science sounds interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a nice selection. Are you focussing on the technological, maths-y kind of side then? :smile: (As opposed to Drama, Music, PE, etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, the subjects you just listed are my worst ones.
Yeah, I prefer things like maths and physics- maths is actually my favourite subject, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Double award science actually** mix of biology, physics and chemistry
Reply 30
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Lol, the subjects you just listed are my worst ones.
Yeah, I prefer things like maths and physics- maths is actually my favourite subject, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My favourite subjects are French and Spanish. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite a lot of people do Latin. I'm surprised; we can't do Latin at my school. I do French and Spanish at my school. Some do German.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not many schools do it, generally only some private or grammar schools.
Reply 32
not many schools do it, generally only some private or grammar schools.

I see. Do you enjoy it? Is it easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see. Do you enjoy it? Is it easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't enjoy it but i'm pretty good at it so I'm taking it. it's not easy for most people though.
i don't enjoy it but i'm pretty good at it so I'm taking it. it's not easy for most people though.

Hi! I don't believe we have said hello! I'm karmacrunch, also Year 9! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of people are doing Economics! :smile: I'm not. Isn't Economics a mixture of Business and Maths (I'm doing these two subjects), though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is quite a mixture of Business and Mathematics, although I think for Econ you need business skills and a mathematical mind, But Econ is practically business but its about the economy of the businesses and enterprises than learning about doing a business itself. But yes, its sort of a mixture! :smile: Maths, you'll need it almost everywhere haha (unless you're doing an Arts/Humanities subject) Business is apparently really fun though, if you understand it. :smile:
Original post by karmacrunch
Hi! I don't believe we have said hello! I'm karmacrunch, also Year 9! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi
hi

Hola! :smile: Have you already finished school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Hola! :smile: Have you already finished school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Reply 39
Original post by adityac3688
Yes it is quite a mixture of Business and Mathematics, although I think for Econ you need business skills and a mathematical mind, But Econ is practically business but its about the economy of the businesses and enterprises than learning about doing a business itself. But yes, its sort of a mixture! :smile: Maths, you'll need it almost everywhere haha (unless you're doing an Arts/Humanities subject) Business is apparently really fun though, if you understand it. :smile:

Really? I heard that Business GCSE is really boring, which is why I'm kind of dreading it. I love the subject itself though, so I do hope it is fun! :smile: I've just finished Year 9 and we have been doing Business, but not the GCSE yet - that's for the next academic year.

Quick Reply

Latest