The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Cavendish Hall 2014

Who's staying there? I've just received my offer letter but not a room number yet

PS: Any internationals out there?
Reply 1
I'm in Cavendish, won't find out where exactly for a while though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by PeterBell
I'm in Cavendish, won't find out where exactly for a while though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know anything more about this hall? I found very little information outside the MMU website
Reply 3
Original post by Brochacho
Do you know anything more about this hall? I found very little information outside the MMU website

What are you looking to know?

I know the price, location and roughly how many I will be sharing with. Went to visit them a few months back during the open day.
Reply 4
What are you looking to know?

I know the price, location and roughly how many I will be sharing with. Went to visit them a few months back during the open day.

Oh, great! I couldn't visit them because I'm not from the UK. I just had to go by pictures, haha.

How spacious are the rooms? And I saw a sink in there, is that correct? How many people do you share a flat with typically?
Reply 5
Original post by Brochacho
Oh, great! I couldn't visit them because I'm not from the UK. I just had to go by pictures, haha.

How spacious are the rooms? And I saw a sink in there, is that correct? How many people do you share a flat with typically?

Pictures are always very deceiving haha. They aren't great, or that spacious! Yeah they have sinks, well the ones I saw did anyway.

I've heard that roughly 12 people share a corridor/kitchen. It's never ideal but at the end of the day we are students on a budget, can't expect too much can we haha, it'll be mint!
Reply 6
12 people? That's so crowded...
Pictures are always very deceiving haha. They aren't great, or that spacious! Yeah they have sinks, well the ones I saw did anyway.

I've heard that roughly 12 people share a corridor/kitchen. It's never ideal but at the end of the day we are students on a budget, can't expect too much can we haha, it'll be mint!

ey pete, im still choosing. i dont know tho because of the size and that but yet it so cheap which is sick. what the dining and shower room like, pictures didnt look the best lmao

cheers man
Reply 8
Original post by shirazul95
ey pete, im still choosing. i dont know tho because of the size and that but yet it so cheap which is sick. what the dining and shower room like, pictures didnt look the best lmao

cheers man

I would honestly just go for the cheap option and spend your extra money on essentials. After living in that environment for a week or so you will be used to it anyway.

The showers looked very basic, but as long as they work I'm happy. Dining room (kitchen area) look a nice size but whether that's still a nice size with 12 students shopping in there, we shall see!

I originally applied for other halls with ensuit but changed my mind last minute as I think it will be a more socialable and fun experience sharing with more people, and secondly the extra cash (over £100 extra a month) will come in very handy!
I would honestly just go for the cheap option and spend your extra money on essentials. After living in that environment for a week or so you will be used to it anyway.

The showers looked very basic, but as long as they work I'm happy. Dining room (kitchen area) look a nice size but whether that's still a nice size with 12 students shopping in there, we shall see!

I originally applied for other halls with ensuit but changed my mind last minute as I think it will be a more socialable and fun experience sharing with more people, and secondly the extra cash (over £100 extra a month) will come in very handy!

i've also just changed it lol, cheers man, that put a gave me a better perspective about it all! thanks bro!!
Reply 10
indeed thanks Joe for the insight
Reply 11
Hey
I'll be in Cavendish as well. I'm Hungarian so happy to join to the international team :smile: When do you move in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending