The Student Room Group

Just graduated? What are your plans?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antifazian
Got the master's scholarship :banana: That's 6 grand worth of load off my mind for now, phew

:woo: Congrats! :woo:

I had a phone interview this morning. Went alright i think but not heard back yet. Got a different face to face interview next tuesday.
Original post by Motorbiker
:woo: Congrats! :woo:

I had a phone interview this morning. Went alright i think but not heard back yet. Got a different face to face interview next tuesday.

Thank you :smile:

I hope the phone interview went well for you, and best of luck for the face to face!
Original post by Antifazian
Thank you :smile:

I hope the phone interview went well for you, and best of luck for the face to face!

I think i sounded a bit like a robot personally but nvm. :tongue: At least it shows i'd prepared/researched.
I think i sounded a bit like a robot personally but nvm. :tongue: At least it shows i'd prepared/researched.

Meh, it's quite hard to be anything other than robotic over a phone, a massive part of communication doesn't get through to the other person, body language and all that. But yeah, if you were giving answers that showed you knew what you were talking about, then that's pretty much all you can do :smile:
Reply 24
:O Very nice %.

What type of job are you currently in?

C++ developer. Mainly writing device driver software for broadcast devices.
Where
Uni of Manchester
Subject
.Politics
Grade
.2:1
Do you have plans?
.Yes
Grad Scheme?
.Not as such - though the job I'm in requires a degree and aims to develop you.
Post Grad Study?
.Not at this time - maybe in the future, but now isn't really the right time for me
Job Applications?
Done and dusted - I've already joined the rat race started my dream job :biggrin:
Where
. University of the Arts London
Subject
. Media and Cultural studies
Grade
. 2.1
Do you have plans?
. Nothing definite. Ideally want to work towards an accountancy qualification or a job in tv or movie production
Grad Scheme?
. Just got a rejection from one after an assessment centre.
Post Grad Study?
. Maybe. Not sure yet.
Job Applications?
Applied to a few since December. Had one offer but didn't take it. More application starting Monday :biggrin:

Only photo I have from graduation so far!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did not study in the UK but it might be interesting to share my ideas as well I guess :P

Where
University of Oporto - Portugal
Subject
.Languages and International Relations
Grade
.14/20 (still trying to figure out what this is when translated to british qualifications).
Do you have plans?
.Yes
Grad Scheme?
.Yes, I know it's incredibly hard but we do not have this sort of programs in the countries where I've lived so I'm definitely applying to a couple grad schemes in the UK. One in particular is an absolute dream for me.
Post Grad Study?
.Yes, I'll be starting a master's in Madrid in september and I'll finish it in 2015.
Job Applications?
Already have a job in Madrid, but it does not fulfill my expectations of what I want to do, therefore I'll be leaving it to pursue my master's.
Where
London School of Economics

Subject
Politics and Philosophy

Grade

Do you have plans?
At the moment I'm headed home to the States, going to start studying for the US Foreign Service Exam and will sit that in October

Grad Scheme?
Applied for a couple half-heartedly but was never really interested

Post Grad Study?
Considered it but not pursuing it for a few years

Job Applications?
Did a few, nothing jumped out at me though so here I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Where
University of Kent

Subject
Accounting and Finance

Grade
1st

Do you have plans?
Starting my graduate job in September, training to be an accountant

Grad scheme?
As above :smile:

Post grad study?
Decided against it because I have another 2/3 years of exams to do to qualify as an accountant anyway so I didn't want to delay it for another year.

Job applications?
I did about 30/35 last September and got an offer in December.
Where

Anglia Ruskin

Subject

Business Management

Grade

First

Do you have plans?

Yes

Grad Scheme?

NHS Finance Management

Post Grad Study?

Technically doing a Postgrad Certificate in Healthcare Leadership with the NHS and my CIMA exams

Re applications I did about five seriously and got offers from Boots and the NHS.
Original post by Foxriver
Where
University of Kent

Subject
Accounting and Finance

Grade
1st

Do you have plans?
Starting my graduate job in September, training to be an accountant

Grad scheme?
As above :smile:

Post grad study?
Decided against it because I have another 2/3 years of exams to do to qualify as an accountant anyway so I didn't want to delay it for another year.

Job applications?
I did about 30/35 last September and got an offer in December.

30/35? :eek:

I've only applied to about 10. Maybe i'm too picky...

Of my 2 interviews i had last week. Rejected from one and waiting to hear back from the other. "My recuritment agency has had "positive feedback" though so my hopes are high.
Original post by Origami Bullets
Where
Uni of Manchester
Subject
.Politics
Grade
.2:1
Do you have plans?
.Yes
Grad Scheme?
.Not as such - though the job I'm in requires a degree and aims to develop you.
Post Grad Study?
.Not at this time - maybe in the future, but now isn't really the right time for me
Job Applications?
Done and dusted - I've already joined the rat race started my dream job :biggrin:

What is your dream job?
Original post by Dee Leigh
What is your dream job?

I won't say what it is on here, as it would make me fairly identifiable, but it's completely unrelated to my degree subject.
Original post by Origami Bullets
I won't say what it is on here, as it would make me fairly identifiable, but it's completely unrelated to my degree subject.

Could you possibly PM me?
Where

Just graduated from Portsmouth

Subject

BSc Marine Biology

Grade

2:1

Do you have plans?

Applying for 2015 entry to graduate medicine

Job Applications?

Applied for about 15 health care assistant roles working with the elderly/disabled as a job for a year along side some voluntary hospital/GP work/observations.
Hi, i've just graduated last friday. :woo:

Me.

Where
Sussex uni
Subject
Masters in Chemistry
Grade
First
Do you have plans?
Ish
Grad Scheme?
Nope, Didn't want to be bouncing around the country for 2 years.
Post Grad Study?
Nope, Want to go out into the real world jobs market.
Job Applications?
Yep, Applied to about 10 chemistry/Science jobs. Have interviews at 2 coming up, sigma-Aldrich and ULtra NCS

Update.

Got Ultra NCS job. :woo:
Update.

Got Ultra NCS job. :woo:

Congrats! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending