The Student Room Group

Opinions on the best option modules

I am picking which module to do in my second year of my computer science with artificial intelligence course and unsure which would be the best.

The options are
Cyber security
Object-Oriented Systems development
Operating systems

I have no idea what would be better and find none more interesting than the other, main priority is which would be the most useful

Details on the module can be found at https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/computer-science-with-artificial-intelligence-bsc-hons
Depending on what you want to do after graduation.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by marcus120499
Depending on what you want to do after graduation.

Yeh, at the moment I’m not really sure, so i was just hoping to pick whichever is the most useful in general.
Reply 3
Original post by HarryCS
I am picking which module to do in my second year of my computer science with artificial intelligence course and unsure which would be the best.
The options are
Cyber security
Object-Oriented Systems development
Operating systems
I have no idea what would be better and find none more interesting than the other, main priority is which would be the most useful
Details on the module can be found at https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/computer-science-with-artificial-intelligence-bsc-hons

These are very different modules, so it depends on your goals after graduation. If you plan to be a software developer, you absolutely need to understand object-oriented programming. Whether you plan to learn this during your degree is up to you. You'll need to demonstrate this to get almost any programming job (unless it's low-level systems dev or functional programming, where it may not be required, but object modelling is always good to learn).

Cyber security is always useful, but unless you're doing a full cyber security degree, your degree won't cover enough ground to work as a cyber security engineer without additional training. The field is just too huge and the skills are completely different to other areas of computer science.

Operating systems are really good to dig into if you love intricate, low-level detail and understanding how CPUs and memory works. This would be good if you plan to work as a systems/hardware programmer.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending