The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

On the official Welcome Week page, they posted a link to this: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/welcometohalls2014

Join if you've already got your halls.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by William Turtle
On the official Welcome Week page, they posted a link to this: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/welcometohalls2014

Join if you've already got your halls.

There are only like 2 people on the page for my halls lol, Think ill wait till august :tongue:
Hey guys! I've firmed Manchester for Medicine this year :biggrin: still need to get AAA though, praying that I get it! Hopefully Manchester are nice and let us in anyway if we miss our offers :smile:
Original post by Baronred
There are only like 2 people on the page for my halls lol, Think ill wait till august :tongue:

Well that number's never going to increase like that. Perhaps there are 20 others waiting for you to take the leap and join :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an unconditional for Sociology ^.^

I'm living in a house with some friends and I'm kinda paranoid freshers is gonna suck because I'm not gonna be in halls =/ though I am looking forward to starting.
Hello! I have a conditional offer of AAA for Chemical Engineering at Manchester! I'm from Bucks, near London, and I haven't begun uni preparation as of yet because I'm paranoid about missing my grades!

I've applied for Oak House, Richmond Park and Sheavyn House for accommodation. I'm so excited about September!

Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I have an offer of AAA to study LLB Law. I'm hoping to get Oak House for accommodation. I will be coming from a little town near Hull called Beverley and it will be the first time EVER I have seen a big city as I never had the chance to visit any universities. :smile:
I'm applying for the LLB Law course, need AAA and hoping to live on Oak House. :smile:
Original post by charlie-wilson
Hi, I have an offer of AAA to study LLB Law. I'm hoping to get Oak House for accommodation. I will be coming from a little town near Hull called Beverley and it will be the first time EVER I have seen a big city as I never had the chance to visit any universities. :smile:

Don't worry, everywhere is better than Beverley.
Original post by PhysicistAtheist
Integrated foundation year and I applied straight to foundation because I knew my third a level grade wouldn't meet the standard for direct entry...I'm gonna call in early august to make my case

Ah cool, I didn't even know foundation years were a serious option until I got rejected (I applied knowing I'd get rejected, it was just a 'filler' really) and they offered it :P
Hey! I'll be starting on the Arabic, Business and Management course, anyone else on here doing the same???

As I'm a mature student, I'm moving straight into private accommodation, so hopefully I won't miss out too much on all the freshers madness! Can't wait to get started, took a gap year, so feels like a life-time ago I actually applied!
Original post by flyyoufools
Ah cool, I didn't even know foundation years were a serious option until I got rejected (I applied knowing I'd get rejected, it was just a 'filler' really) and they offered it :P

There's supposed to be loads of people doing foundation year (more than 350)
Original post by flyyoufools

There's supposed to be loads of people doing foundation year (more than 350)

I did the foundation year last year and it was very popular, the vast majority of lectures were in the same lecture theatre as it was the only one that could hold all of us.

The science and engineering departments also really like foundation students because they tend to go on to do really well on their degrees.
I'm clinging onto an offer of AAB for Life Sciences! 'Clingling' accurately describes my situation here, as I'm 89% certain this offer will be yanked out of my hands on results day! Haha, so much anxiety is building up.
Applied for Sheavyn, Richmond and Oak House. I think. We'll see!
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I did the foundation year last year and it was very popular, the vast majority of lectures were in the same lecture theatre as it was the only one that could hold all of us.

The science and engineering departments also really like foundation students because they tend to go on to do really well on their degrees.

Do you know if any BBE grades were accepted last year and was there that many people in the lecture hall?
I'm probably gonna miss my offer but I'm gonna try and persuade Dr. Nedwell to accept me
Do you know if any BBE grades were accepted last year and was there that many people in the lecture hall?
I'm probably gonna miss my offer but I'm gonna try and persuade Dr. Nedwell to accept me

Sorry, I don't really know what grades other people got in with.

For some of the main maths modules, there could easily be 300+ people in the hall. Some of your lectures might not be done by many other people though, the Physics students have a module all to themselves in semester 2 for example.
Greetings from Hungary:biggrin:

I'll be software engineer fresher, and also got my offer from Oak House.:smile:
In England, you are taking your final exams nowadays? I passed my final exams more than a month ago, so it's a bit strange for me:biggrin:
Original post by gergopool
Greetings from Hungary:biggrin:

I'll be software engineer fresher, and also got my offer from Oak House.:smile:
In England, you are taking your final exams nowadays? I passed my final exams more than a month ago, so it's a bit strange for me:biggrin:

Exams were in May/June but the results aren't released until mid-August.
Sorry, I don't really know what grades other people got in with.

For some of the main maths modules, there could easily be 300+ people in the hall. Some of your lectures might not be done by many other people though, the Physics students have a module all to themselves in semester 2 for example.

Hmm thank you :smile:
Did you meet your offer?(if not what did you get?)

It's weird when you get to university it's like nobody cares about a level results
Exams were in May/June but the results aren't released until mid-August.

Oh I see. Then good luck guys:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending