The Student Room Group

100 Britons Are Fighting For Israel

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-britons-fight-israel/18448

Should those returning from combat with the IDF be arrested upon returning to the UK? How many of them have been radicalised by extremist views and now risk unleashing that frenzy upon our great country? Should we be asking whether their loyalties lie with Britain or with Israel?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by broscience123

Should those returning from combat with the IDF be arrested upon returning to the UK? How many of them have been radicalised by extremist views and now risk unleashing that frenzy upon our great country? Should we be asking whether their loyalties lie with Britain or with Israel?

Has Israel been declared a terrorist organisation that threatens our national security? No.

Has Isis been declared a terrorist organisation that threatens our national security? Yes.

Those fighting for Israel are not a threat to us, so why would we stop them coming back?
Reply 2
Yes
Yes
Yes
They've no doubt be brainwashed by the jewish. It is dangerous for them to come back, and will harbour hate for all non-jews.
Israel isn't a terrorist organisation so obviously not
Reply 5
Fighting as part of a regular Army formation is not the same as fighting in, basically, a glorified and well-armed gang. The two aren't comparable.
Reply 6

We don't get to ask those kind of questions - it's none of anyone's business. Huge numbers of people in Britain are eligible for foreign military service for a wide range of nations.

It's only a big deal when people volunteer for paramilitaries in organisations that are actively fighting against us.

Yes.

If Britain was at war with Israel, none of them would fight for Britain.
Reply 8
they have joined a national army not a terrorist organisation.
Reply 9
I'm proud of them long life to the British army!
Depends if they are wrapped up in the brewing war crime allegations... if so they should be hastily handed over to the relevant authorities until their case comes up in the Hague.
Who chooses what is or is not a ''terrorist organisation''. Israel has killed hundreds of innocent men, women and children. Whoever it is that chooses what does or doesnt count as a terrorist organisation is clearly mistaken and missed a big one!
Israel is a sovereign state. The rebels in Syria are not.
Original post by somethingunique
Who chooses what is or is not a ''terrorist organisation''. Israel has killed hundreds of innocent men, women and children. Whoever it is that chooses what does or doesnt count as a terrorist organisation is clearly mistaken and missed a big one!

Innocent people being caught up in the crossfire and civilians being systematically targeted are two different things. The latter, I assume, is a prerequisite for being classed as a terrorist organisation (or at least the threat thereof)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by InsertWittyName
Innocent people being caught up in the crossfire and civilians being systematically targeted are two different things. The latter, I assume, is a prerequisite for being classed as a terrorist organisation (or at least the threat thereof)

Who's to say they civilians are NOT systematically being targeted???
Original post by somethingunique
Who's to say they civilians are NOT systematically being targeted???

The IDF are a professional military force with rules of engagements. The burden of proof lies with the claimant- unless you have any evidence to suggest they are targeting civillians, I will stick to the default position of 'no they are not'.
The IDF are a professional military force with rules of engagements. The burden of proof lies with the claimant- unless you have any evidence to suggest they are targeting civillians, I will stick to the default position of 'no they are not'.

So they accidently aim and shoot 2 rockets blowing up children playing outside eh?
Original post by goldenfish
So they accidently aim and shoot 2 rockets blowing up children playing outside eh?

Unless you can provide anything to suggest they deliberately targeted those children knowing they were unarmed kids, then yes. I would have to assume so.

Innocent (of murder, at least, rather than unintentional killing) until proven guilty.
Yeah this is a real problem. Jews have a long history of committing acts of terrorism in Britain.

Oh wait. That's not remotely true and the OP is <had to remove this word because its against the rules>
(edited 9 years ago)
Unless you can provide anything to suggest they deliberately targeted those children knowing they were unarmed kids, then yes. I would have to assume so.

Innocent (of murder, at least, rather than unintentional killing) until proven guilty.

I don't understand. Are you suggesting it was an ACCIDENT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending