The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mrozzi
anyone got into economics with lower grades?

very keen to know this as well as i think i might miss my offer
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by elitelight
very keen to know this as well as i think i might miss my offer

Well, it looks like there may still be places available at Southampton for 2011 entry (according to UCAS) so you may be ok.
Reply 22
Original post by blackchilliman
Well, it looks like there may still be places available at Southampton for 2011 entry (according to UCAS) so you may be ok.

yay
Reply 23
I'd like to see how lenient they are too, as I doubt im going to make my AAA offer now thanks to a rubbish C4 Maths Exam today. Thats cost be the A :frown:
Original post by Grumpig
Hey, I'm applying to do History at Soton and I need an AAB, with an A in History. I'm on course to (hopefully) get an A and a B in my other subjects, but History is increasingly looking like a B (I got a B in both my AS modules, one of which I'm retaking, coursework will be a high B/low A and I feel really unprepared for the final module). So do you think they'll accept ABB with a B in History.

I study history at Soton and I am going into my third year. It seems like the majority of my course mates met or exceeded their offer however one of my friends got ABBB but he had two languages (Ancient Greek and Latin) which apparently helped him. He also got a B in History. So there is hope but I think something needs to make you 'exceptional'.

Be positive anyway, I was sure I wouldnt get in and I did :smile:
Reply 25
Does anyone know someone who is studying psychology at southampton currently? im interested to know a bit more about the course :tongue:
Reply 26
I put Southampton as my insurance for Biomedical Sciences and got an offer of ABB, but I'm seriously struggling with exams and was wondering how flexible they are with grades?
A friend who's in Southampton said people got onto science courses with BBB with offers of ABB, but I'm worrying I won't even get that...
Any advice? :/
Has anyone got into chemistry with lower grades?

Please help me
Reply 28
Original post by mathsnerd000
Has anyone got into chemistry with lower grades?

Please help me

I'm hoping to study chemistry at southampton also and I emailed them a few months ago about near miss applicants. This was the reply.
Original post by NicCx
I'm hoping to study chemistry at southampton also and I emailed them a few months ago about near miss applicants. This was the reply.

Thank you very much.

Also is University of Southampton your firm choice or insurance?
Reply 30
Original post by mathsnerd000
Thank you very much.

Also is University of Southampton your firm choice or insurance?

Firm choice :-)
Reply 31
Does anyone think they'd be lenient for modern language courses? I'm praying they are, I need ABB and at best I think I've got AAC, I'm hoping the C won't let me down, especially seeing as it's maths and has nothing to do with the course :s-smilie:
Reply 32
Original post by chloe17
Does anyone think they'd be lenient for modern language courses? I'm praying they are, I need ABB and at best I think I've got AAC, I'm hoping the C won't let me down, especially seeing as it's maths and has nothing to do with the course :s-smilie:

No idea what your course is like but I assume you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by NicCx

Thinking of sending a similar email to my department. Wondering what you mentioned in your initial email?

(Thumbs up btw!)
Reply 34
Original post by Jkizer
Thinking of sending a similar email to my department. Wondering what you mentioned in your initial email?

(Thumbs up btw!)

Thanks! I just asked for the number of near miss applicants that got a place on the course last year and how likely it would be for near miss applicants to get a place this year and that was the reply. Much more helpful than I was anticipating haha!
Lmao, in regards to my earlier post it was a troll to see how much **** I could start up.

Quite a lot.

The correct answer was social, since they're working as a team. Didn't realise everyone would get so butt hurt this easily.

jk u all failed : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15485-introduction-to-clearing
Original post by Grumpig
--

southampton had law going in clearing last year and were asking for b grades; they are known to be very lenient compared to other russel groups
Reply 37
Southampton excels in courses such as Geography and environmental sciences, Engineering and Nursing
You can expect these kind of courses to be most competitive
Reply 38
To be honest, you're just another £9,250 to the university. If you made them your firm choice I think they'll be more lenient eg) getting in with ABB on an AAA course
Original post by Zino98
To be honest, you're just another £9,250 to the university. If you made them your firm choice I think they'll be more lenient eg) getting in with ABB on an AAA course

This thread is 6 years old. Pretty sure the original poster has already found out their answer.

Locking this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending