The Student Room Group

Any CIE candidates here???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilsoncw1997
You are in A level right now?

I'm starting a mixture of Pre-U and A-Level in Sept.:smile: So I'll still have CIE by my side for the following two years.:colonhash: The A-Level I'm going to do (which is RS) will be with OCR though.
(edited 9 years ago)
How was P4 physics?
Reply 62
Original post by WinterWind
Here:hello:

I did IGCSE Maths(0580) with CIE. Paper 22 was very easy but Paper 42 was probably the hardest CIE Maths paper I've done (although it was nothing compared to Further Pure Maths I did with Edexcel:tongue:). Really really want an A*, otherwise I'd be really gutted since maths has always been my strongest subject.

I agreeeeeeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Is it very difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes no sense same questions over and over every year (at least with IGCSE)
In my history exam this year I got same quetion twice in the same year; in paper 1 and paper 4!

Isn't it unfair though, like when you want to apply Cambridge where they check UMS. You get 4A* but you only get 80% average let's say. You get declined beause low UMS despite 4A*s??
Posted from TSR Mobile
12 days to GOOOOOOO!!!!!
Original post by Fatemah4
Biology was fine, I am hoping for an A, but I am scared of my chemistry and physics grades because paper 1 physics was so difficult for me , time management was difficult, and chemistry I did bad in paper 2 , so I can't really predict anything for these two subjects :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im pretty sure if all my exams except chemistry. I made silly mistakes in my paper 2 and paper 1 was sent from hell. It seems like they made totally new questions and they hardly repeated questions for paper 1.

We shall both get our target grades!:biggrin: Did you find Paper 42 hard and Paper 22 easy as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Makes no sense same questions over and over every year (at least with IGCSE)
In my history exam this year I got same quetion twice in the same year; in paper 1 and paper 4!

Isn't it unfair though, like when you want to apply Cambridge where they check UMS. You get 4A* but you only get 80% average let's say. You get declined beause low UMS despite 4A*s??
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm starting a mixture of Pre-U and A-Level in Sept.:smile: So I'll still have CIE by my side for the following two years.:colonhash: The A-Level I'm going to do (which is RS) will be with OCR though.

are you both from outside the UK?
was the support given to you by CIE sufficient?
if you relied on your school teachers, were they any good?
xtremepapers.com seem to be an excellent site for CIE students.
hopefully this thread will those height :confused:
Hi all! :hello:

CIE candidate here! Did IGCSEs, 6 AS Levels & 2 A Levels through CIE. Doing A2 Sociology in November. Good luck to everyone getting results soon! :goodluck:

BTW, I'm from Hungary!
Original post by ForlornUnicorn
Hi all! :hello:

CIE candidate here! Did IGCSEs, 6 AS Levels & 2 A Levels through CIE. Doing A2 Sociology in November. Good luck to everyone getting results soon! :goodluck:

BTW, I'm from Hungary!

Nice to meet you!
Reply 70
Original post by Maura Kat

Yes, I was at an international school in France.
I don't think I ever received a help directly from CIE. The teachers were amazing for me because I am committed student so the small class was an advantage for me to talk to teacher closely and the teachers were willing to help such student, but my friends would always complain that they were horrible so I would say they were okay.

Yes Xtremepapers is a good website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
We shall both get our target grades!:biggrin: Did you find Paper 42 hard and Paper 22 easy as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah paper 2 (don't remember the variation but probably 22) was the easiest paper ever done. I could check it over and over. On the other hand paper 4...... i barely finished. In mocks, I finished paper 4 in 1 hour so I still had 1.5 hours left, but heck idk what happened in real one. I hope the grade boundaries are low so that I can get an A* just about...atm I feel I am on borderline. I dropped 1 or 2 marks in P2, and I know that I dropped like 7 marks at least in P4. But I couldn't check my answers in P4 so omfg..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else do AS Econ?

When do CIE mark schemes and grade boundaries come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Did anyone else do AS Econ?

When do CIE mark schemes and grade boundaries come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they come out 1 week before the results
Reply 74
Original post by Roflwaffles

Which means in a week.....seockbo)pwwqiajfw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Which means in a week.....seockbo)pwwqiajfw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Under a week......5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Took Chemistry, Physics and Math. Only Maths Paper 42 and Chemistry 11 were hard. Did A2 but resat Chemistry.
Original post by Maura Kat

I'm a UK-based international student:smile: I didn't receive much help from CIE, except the past papers on their website lol. I didn't really rely on my teacher because for me self teaching sciences is more effective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by C0balt
Yeah paper 2 (don't remember the variation but probably 22) was the easiest paper ever done. I could check it over and over. On the other hand paper 4...... i barely finished. In mocks, I finished paper 4 in 1 hour so I still had 1.5 hours left, but heck idk what happened in real one. I hope the grade boundaries are low so that I can get an A* just about...atm I feel I am on borderline. I dropped 1 or 2 marks in P2, and I know that I dropped like 7 marks at least in P4. But I couldn't check my answers in P4 so omfg..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's usually guaranteed an A* if we can score over 180/200. :smile: I reckon I got a full mark in Paper 2 but dropped 8-11 marks for sure in Paper 4. I didn't have time to check the whole thing either, so I'm expecting something like 115/130 for Paper 4 and about 185/200 in total.

p.s. Personally I think the grade boundary for A* will be in the low/mid 170-ish.:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Roflwaffles

1 week beforehand!:eek: I'm getting anxious again..
Maths grade boundaries, please be low:^_^:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest