The Student Room Group

Any CIE candidates here???

Scroll to see replies

I have a question :
CIE exams
Can u guys get the raw mark you achieved in an exam paper.
the components i receive at my school shows the grades only without the raw marks..
please guys tell me quickly
Original post by WinterWind
I'm dying to A*s in maths and sciences too! Although I don't plan to do sciences in the sixth form I did revise A LOT for them (last minute revision counts:tongue:). So I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't see my hard work paid off.:unimpressed:

What subjects are you going to take at A-Levels/IB?

I worked hard for history because it's my worst (well, Eng lit is, but don't really give a....) but I'd be happy with an A lol
I'm just naturally good at the sciences and i like them, so just like maths everyone expects me A* *cry*

I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. All with Edexcel though, I changed sixthform.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kito Daw
I have a question :
CIE exams
Can u guys get the raw mark you achieved in an exam paper.
the components i receive at my school shows the grades only without the raw marks..
please guys tell me quickly

Even in our school we just get the grades, but our teacher knew our marks, she said the school gets the marks, not sure about the mark of each component , she told us about the total mark achieved in a subject, so maybe ask your school?
Original post by C0balt
I worked hard for history because it's my worst (well, Eng lit is, but don't really give a....) but I'd be happy with an A lol
I'm just naturally good at the sciences and i like them, so just like maths everyone expects me A* *cry*

I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. All with Edexcel though, I changed sixthform.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! I'm taking maths, economics, history and religious studies. I'm hoping to study history/economic history at uni:smile: I want to take further maths as well but need to discuss it with my school after they've got my results - they usually don't allow students to take more than 4 subjects. So I'm kinda freaking out now because I do want to do fm :frown:

I'm not particularly gifted in sciences, which people (including teachers) in my school found odd - they just assumed if you were good at maths you should master physics/chem/bio as well lol.:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Talking of rep, you are all welcome to rep me!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool! I'm taking maths, economics, history and religious studies. I'm hoping to study history/economic history at uni:smile: I want to take further maths as well but need to discuss it with my school after they've got my results - they usually don't allow students to take more than 4 subjects. So I'm kinda freaking out now because I do want to do fm :frown:

I'm not particularly gifted in sciences, which people (including teachers) in my school found odd - they just assumed if you were good at maths you should master physics/chem/bio as well lol.:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you're the humanity girl!

Well my sixthform didn't say anything about FM maybe they just accepted me by my predicted grade... and I sent some enthusiastic email regarding to it (whether I can take FM without maths and how I want to do 5 subjects with bio lol) so they assumed I'm good enough maybe

There is definitely a correlation but yeah not always true
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. There is definitely strong positive correlation and gradient between Maths and physics grades/abilities particularly if you're a boy.

Okay now gimme the rep. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. There is definitely strong positive correlation and gradient between Maths and physics grades/abilities particularly if you're a boy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanna give a neg because sexism! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
I wanna give a neg because sexism! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no.. its the stats! Read up on the edexcel's provisional statistics for any year. Go go! Boys always do well in maths and physics. :tongue:

Now gimme Rep for telling the truth :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Fatemah4;48937034"]Even in our school we just get the grades, but our teacher knew our marks, she said the school gets the marks, not sure about the mark of each component , she told us about the total mark achieved in a subject, so maybe ask your school?[/QUOTE
I asked them and theysaid that they don't receive the marks, just the grades
i have told them, and they said that they only receive the grades,
anyways where is your school ? ( country )
Original post by Fatemah4
Even in our school we just get the grades, but our teacher knew our marks, she said the school gets the marks, not sure about the mark of each component , she told us about the total mark achieved in a subject, so maybe ask your school?

Read my previous comment
and again where is your school ?
- i am nt a professional at posting
Original post by Kito Daw
Read my previous comment
and again where is your school ?
- i am nt a professional at posting

It is in UAE, Dubai

Have you tried emailing CIE and asking them ?
This might help
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fatemah4
It is in UAE, Dubai

Have you tried emailing CIE and asking them ?
This might help

I have sent them an email , they responded arrogantly;
We dont provide information about the exams for students -,-
I told my school to contact them but you know the stupid formalities included.
I am from egypt anyways
When are the GT and Mark Schemes coming out?

Does anyone have the A Level Math question papers?
Original post by MAyman12
When are the GT and Mark Schemes coming out?

Does anyone have the A Level Math question papers?

From this year? If you are looking for past papers go on to xtremepapers. Don't think this year's is out yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
From this year? If you are looking for past papers go on to xtremepapers. Don't think this year's is out yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes this June. I already looked at xtremepapers and they don't have the maths question papers, thank you though.

Do you know when are the Grade boundaries out?
Original post by C0balt
Oh you're the humanity girl!

Well my sixthform didn't say anything about FM maybe they just accepted me by my predicted grade... and I sent some enthusiastic email regarding to it (whether I can take FM without maths and how I want to do 5 subjects with bio lol) so they assumed I'm good enough maybe

There is definitely a correlation but yeah not always true
Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to do more arts subjects at first but then I would have to drop maths or econ. Bio was probably my worst subject, without around 10 hours of cramming I would definitely fail... In the end it went well I think:biggrin: I guess you're probably a medicine hopeful?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay okay I'll give you the rep when I get my laptop back lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MAyman12
Yes this June. I already looked at xtremepapers and they don't have the maths question papers, thank you though.

Do you know when are the Grade boundaries out?

Uh no, I don't know. AQA one is out a day before apparently, but CIE is kinda 'special' in some aspect so yeah..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to do more arts subjects at first but then I would have to drop maths or econ. Bio was probably my worst subject, without around 10 hours of cramming I would definitely fail... In the end it went well I think:biggrin: I guess you're probably a medicine hopeful?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh bio is my worst out of the sciences as well... However I only had to do (sadly) coordinated science so yeah I could hopefully pull up my grades with chemistry and physics.

Nope, I have never wanted to go to medicine though my mum wanted me to do so and she thought I was smart enough :facepalm::facepalm: I think saving lives and whatnot is great but I'm not that saint and I'm more interested in how things work at fundamental level. So I want to do physics (or possibly chemistry) or natural sciences :yep: Atm I am interested in theoretical physics but too mathematical lol I barely understand what these signs are :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest