The Student Room Group

Gcse science

Ive done my gcses but what do you think is the hardest gcse science? I think chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoreyR
Ive done my gcses but what do you think is the hardest gcse science? I think chemistry

Physics.
Reply 2
Original post by JayJay-C19
Physics.

Wow physics unit 1 was so easy! Though i have to say that unit 2 was hard enough! I just think chemistry is harder due to soo many equations to learn
I wouldn't say hardest but so far the one that makes me 'think' the most is biology. My 1st/2nd favourite science.

Maybe it's because we haven't started human biology topics yet. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by karmacrunch
I wouldn't say hardest but so far the one that makes me 'think' the most is biology. My 1st/2nd favourite science.

Maybe it's because we haven't started human biology topics yet. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology is the easiest for me theres no applied knowledge really. You dont even need to understand anything to get A or A* in the paper you just need to learn it off and write it on the page even if you have no clue what your talking about
Original post by CoreyR
Wow physics unit 1 was so easy! Though i have to say that unit 2 was hard enough! I just think chemistry is harder due to soo many equations to learn

See, that's exactly WHY I don't think Chemistry is the hardest. Equations to learn are a pain but they're not difficult. Physics is just concept after concept and incredibly boring. I hate it!
I think Physics is the easiest science GCSE but some of it is rather obscure. Also I cocked up the exam because I revised Chemistry and Biology exclusively XD
Anyone mentioned Astronomy and Geology?
Original post by CoreyR
Biology is the easiest for me theres no applied knowledge really. You dont even need to understand anything to get A or A* in the paper you just need to learn it off and write it on the page even if you have no clue what your talking about

I kind of agree with applied knowledge but not fully as some things come up in Chemistry and vice versa. I can't really think of an example though. Revising is simpler for biology I agree but I find Chemistry easier to revise for (not as much). To fully enjoy biology though, I think you need to understand it imo. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
See, that's exactly WHY I don't think Chemistry is the hardest. Equations to learn are a pain but they're not difficult. Physics is just concept after concept and incredibly boring. I hate it!

I dont think any concepts at gcse level are too bad to be honest just some take a day or two and your fine!
Original post by CoreyR
I dont think any concepts at gcse level are too bad to be honest just some take a day or two and your fine!

I would say that's dependent on the person. With me, if I find the subject tedious, boring or dull, it just will not go in. At all.
Reply 11
Original post by karmacrunch
I kind of agree with applied knowledge but not fully as some things come up in Chemistry and vice versa. I can't really think of an example though. Revising is simpler for biology I agree but I find Chemistry easier to revise for (not as much). To fully enjoy biology though, I think you need to understand it imo. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well good luck with all your sciences anyway :biggrin:
What exam board did you do?
I did AQA this year and Biology was terrible absolutely shocking- physics weren't too bad I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
I would say that's dependent on the person. With me, if I find the subject tedious, boring or dull, it just will not go in. At all.

I agree with it being dull!
Reply 14
Original post by CaitlinN15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ccea :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by CaitlinN15
I did AQA this year and Biology was terrible absolutely shocking- physics weren't too bad I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

I done ccea and it wasnt so bad
Reply 16
Original post by RayApparently
I think Physics is the easiest science GCSE but some of it is rather obscure. Also I cocked up the exam because I revised Chemistry and Biology exclusively XD

Good luck anyway :smile:
Original post by CoreyR
Good luck anyway :smile:

Cheers mate :smile:
Original post by CoreyR
Ah well good luck with all your sciences anyway :biggrin:

Thank you!! ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd hate to say it but its definitely Biology... So much memory involved while Chemistry and Physics require mostly working out and general logic...

Quick Reply

Latest