The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nayyabb
Ah nice! I'm floor 4, 411-A and doing medicine, what about u??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm floor 1 room 112 and I'm doing medicine too if I hopefully get the grades
Reply 741
Original post by confusedbengali
I'm floor 1 room 112 and I'm doing medicine too if I hopefully get the grades

Ah nice! I'm sure you will:smile: im so confused as to what floor I am! I thought I was fourth but someone told me I'm on the first floor:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nayyabb
Ah nice! I'm sure you will:smile: im so confused as to what floor I am! I thought I was fourth but someone told me I'm on the first floor:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm such an idiot I just realised this is the medicine applicant page and I'm asking you what course you do

Yeah same it's really confusing I'm just guessing where I am tbh from the code they gave us on the email
Guys and gals that didnt get an interview/offer, call up exeter/plymouth first thing on results day and hopefully you will get an int :smile: i did that last year and got in. Plymouth gave out around 50interviews and accepted around 20, additional others were given offers for the next year coz of lack of space, dont loose hope! I would advise u to repeat the ukcat, although may it isnt necessary, i did it anyway (but had no intention of clearing for medicine thinking i had no chance so i was gonna take a 2nd gap year- was forced into clearing by a friend lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
turns out I didn't eff up my exams :smile: YAAAY I'm going to Plymouth
Original post by MedicalMaureen
turns out I didn't eff up my exams :smile: YAAAY I'm going to Plymouth

Woohoo, congrats! You must be so happy! :smile:
Goodluck to you all tommorow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
To Hanz, . is clearing really an option here?! wow. I will try to call them up but do I need to have applied their and been rejected or what?. Plus, what are the chances of getting an interview, is it on a first come first serve basis or what? also, I need to have achieved AAA right? Thanks so much!
Original post by theblackmemba
To Hanz, . is clearing really an option here?! wow. I will try to call them up but do I need to have applied their and been rejected or what?. Plus, what are the chances of getting an interview, is it on a first come first serve basis or what? also, I need to have achieved AAA right? Thanks so much!

Yes it is! Nope, last year i never applied their just call them up early morning and give them your details. Erm applicaions to clearing usually closes before 12pm and im not sure how they select applicants to interview but last year they interviewed about 50 and gave 10 offers. Yep min AAA, although the better the grades the better it is for you, and obv your min 5Cs at gcse. Np

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanz_a93
Yes it is! Nope, last year i never applied their just call them up early morning and give them your details. Erm applicaions to clearing usually closes before 12pm and im not sure how they select applicants to interview but last year they interviewed about 50 and gave 10 offers. Yep min AAA, although the better the grades the better it is for you, and obv your min 5Cs at gcse. Np

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude sent an email to them 2 weeks ago heres what I got:

[QUOTE]Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, following receipt of the A-level results, we have filled all of our places for Medicine and Dentistry and will not be offering any further places through Clearing or Adjustment.

I am sorry for any disappointment, but wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards

Rebecca Glanville Assistant Administrator (Admissions & Student Support)
Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry
The John Bull Building, Plymouth Science Park
Research Way, Plymouth, PL6 6BU [
/QUOTE]

I got 10A* 1A gcse, 5As at AS and predicted A*A*A have not applied there at all (and no offers from other unis). Ukcat 725 average band2

Should I call up on results day if i Have A*A*A or more? :smile:
[QUOTE="solarplexus;49307963"]Dude sent an email to them 2 weeks ago heres what I got:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, following receipt of the A-level results, we have filled all of our places for Medicine and Dentistry and will not be offering any further places through Clearing or Adjustment.

I am sorry for any disappointment, but wish you all the best for the future.

Kind regards

Rebecca Glanville Assistant Administrator (Admissions & Student Support)
Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine & Dentistry
The John Bull Building, Plymouth Science Park
Research Way, Plymouth, PL6 6BU [
/QUOTE]

I got 10A* 1A gcse, 5As at AS and predicted A*A*A have not applied there at all (and no offers from other unis). Ukcat 725 average band2

Should I call up on results day if i Have A*A*A or more? :smile:

Thats weird. I would recommend that you still call up (regardless of whatever grades, just has to be AAA at least) early tommorow morning and also try with exeter coz they entered into clearing last year as well. also try your luck with other universites

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! Just to clear up what's been said - last year a lot of people got in through clearing in comparison with other medical schools, as did people who hadn't made their grade offers. From my understanding after speaking to staff, this was due to Plymouth making too few offers as they were worried about overfilling the course in it's first year being separate from Peninsula. The course has been monitored closely this year by the GMC to make sure it is sufficient, as effectively Plymouth Medical school was brand new. It has been said that undersubscribing will not happen again this year, therefore it is unlikely that any places will be available through clearing. That being said, it's always worth ringing around on the morning if you receive the minimum grades, as it is worthwhile ringing every other medical school in the country. I hope this helps you all :smile:

Good luck for tomorrow and we hope to see all of you in September!
Original post by plymmedsoc2014
Hi guys! Just to clear up what's been said - last year a lot of people got in through clearing in comparison with other medical schools, as did people who hadn't made their grade offers. From my understanding after speaking to staff, this was due to Plymouth making too few offers as they were worried about overfilling the course in it's first year being separate from Peninsula. The course has been monitored closely this year by the GMC to make sure it is sufficient, as effectively Plymouth Medical school was brand new. It has been said that undersubscribing will not happen again this year, therefore it is unlikely that any places will be available through clearing. That being said, it's always worth ringing around on the morning if you receive the minimum grades, as it is worthwhile ringing every other medical school in the country. I hope this helps you all :smile:

Good luck for tomorrow and we hope to see all of you in September!

Hi thanks for the advice!!!!!!!

Do you suggest phoning the universities' clearing hotlines or medical school admissions hotline? :biggrin:
Goodluck to you all tommorow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you recommend phoning clearing hotlines or medical admissions hotlines?
I made a big mistake and I forgot to send my results for the occupational health and wellbeing requirements. I have the required grades but would I lose my offer if I sent it by tomorrow?
I made a big mistake and I forgot to send my results for the occupational health and wellbeing requirements. I have the required grades but would I lose my offer if I sent it by tomorrow?

Possibly - there was a deadline to send all these documents back by.
Original post by solarplexus
Would you recommend phoning clearing hotlines or medical admissions hotlines?

Phone the medical admissions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it, just email them saying they will
Recieve it shortly. Rebecca, the lady that sorts these things out is quite nice lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Doubt it, just email them saying they will
Recieve it shortly. Rebecca, the lady that sorts these things out is quite nice lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you.
The thing is I never received anything from the Occupational Health Department saying I need to do an enhanced TB test and I received an email late tonight saying they needed it.

Also does a Chest X-ray count as an enhanced TB test?
Original post by Jenitaaa
Possibly - there was a deadline to send all these documents back by.

when was the deadline? I didn't receive any information about it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending