The Student Room Group

Did anyone do Edexcel Geography AS?

Scroll to see replies

I studied crowded coasts and rebranding I think on Edexcel Geography, neither were interesting tbh but I got an A* for A-Level Geog. Geog is so easy to get high grades in, I think my Rebranding coursework was to say how Manchester had improved since the Commonwealth Games which I made most of it up.
Original post by Captain Anonymous
anyone have any idea what

edexcel geography
unit 1 - 66
unit 2 - 50
will equate to in UMS and grade wise...
what you expecting the grade boundaries to be around for both units...

Go to page 14 for grade boundaries

http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1406_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

To answer your question

unit 1 - A
unit 2 - A
Original post by Kash24411
Go to page 14 for grade boundaries

http://pastpapers.edexcel.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1406_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

To answer your question

unit 1 - A
unit 2 - A

I'm quite surprised by how low these boundaries are! I did think they would be higher! But I'm quite happy with them to be honest! How about everyone else?
Original post by _annienicholls
Im thinking lower grade boundaries! The exams weren't as easy as some of the mock one's we've done in class!

Hey how did you do btw?

I got an A in unit 1 which i was extremely pleased with :biggrin:

However in unit 2 i got a C which was expected...

But i did get a B overall which i am pleased and grateful with
Hey how did you do btw?

I got an A in unit 1 which i was extremely pleased with :biggrin:

However in unit 2 i got a C which was expected...

But i did get a B overall which i am pleased and grateful with

*Cries* I failed! I got an E! I'll put it down to medical issues i've had but a U in unit 1 was not expected! However I was quite happy with a B in unit 2!
Now to resit year 12 and cry!
*Cries* I failed! I got an E! I'll put it down to medical issues i've had but a U in unit 1 was not expected! However I was quite happy with a B in unit 2!
Now to resit year 12 and cry!

That's really unfortunate :frown: congratulations on the B though! you can just resit unit 1 instead of retaking the whole year unless other A levels were bad
That's really unfortunate :frown: congratulations on the B though! you can just resit unit 1 instead of retaking the whole year unless other A levels were bad

Yeah... I also failed AS Psychology! Oh well! I know what happened and I'm ready to smash it next year!
Yeah... I also failed AS Psychology! Oh well! I know what happened and I'm ready to smash it next year!

You sure will and good luck for next year!
You sure will and good luck for next year!

Thank you very much! My friends seem to be more upset about me staying behind than I am!
Thank you very much! My friends seem to be more upset about me staying behind than I am!

haha a lot of my friends are planning to redo the year as well and tbh i am pretty darn upset myself! so i see where they are coming from :P
haha a lot of my friends are planning to redo the year as well and tbh i am pretty darn upset myself! so i see where they are coming from :P

Im glad im not the only one! I need new friends - mine are all way too smart! Wanting to become doctors and dentists whereas I just want to be happy - something they don't seem to want to see as an option!
Im glad im not the only one! I need new friends - mine are all way too smart! Wanting to become doctors and dentists whereas I just want to be happy - something they don't seem to want to see as an option!

Luckily not all my friends are aspiring doctors and dentists! only one of them actually wants to become a dentist and the majority of others want the maths route whereas me im just confused lol!
i got 158 ums and an A overall is 160 :frown: im thinking on getting a remark for unit 2 which i got a B on hm. what shall i do ? shall i leave it and gain extra ums in A2 or risk getting a remark . help!!!
Original post by obito3000
i got 158 ums and an A overall is 160 :frown: im thinking on getting a remark for unit 2 which i got a B on hm. what shall i do ? shall i leave it and gain extra ums in A2 or risk getting a remark . help!!!

I feel you man i got 157 UMS on Geography and 158 UMS on Psychology so annoyed im gonna talk to my teacher about whether i should get a remark to gain those couple marks or not i think you should do the same but i would recommend a remark
Wow i got A in Geography, did not expect it at all... the grade boundaries were shockingly low.

But in all honesty, I did answer all questions and I did tried my best.

GCSE students reading this, work hard and you can easily get an A.
I feel you man i got 157 UMS on Geography and 158 UMS on Psychology so annoyed im gonna talk to my teacher about whether i should get a remark to gain those couple marks or not i think you should do the same but i would recommend a remark

i badly want an A* overall so im just gonna retake unit 1 next year and try to get a atleast
80/90 because I only scraped an A ffs
i badly want an A* overall so im just gonna retake unit 1 next year and try to get a atleast

Good luck! im sure you will gain an A* in the end :smile:

Also i would retake unit 2 to get that C to a B or an A but tbh i want to strongly focus on my A2 units and want to achieve an A overall so hopefully that goes well for me
Well, I got an E in unit 1 and an A in unit 2.. which to me seems strange because I thought the first exam was fine.

I am assuming a remark is the right option? I really don't understand what happened, I'm going to have to retake that exam regardless I think!

don't worry about retaking so much just for extra UMS... the A* at a-level is mainly based on getting like an A or near an A at AS and the main factor is getting 90% or over in the A2 exams.
Plus you don't want toput a huge work load on yourself particularly as all exams are in the summer. I've just finished A-level geography and managed to get an a* which i'm very shocked and please with. Trust me unit 3 and unit 4 are so stressful, I found anyway, particuarly unit 3, a 2 and ahalf hour exam!
Your best bet is to focus all your energy on doing as much as you can in unit 3 and 4, don't worry about AS n

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending